Not afraid to be the only girl in the weight room

Hi guys! Like a lot of people, I've gone back and forth between periods of "exercising" and "not-so-much" over the years. I first developed a love for working out in high school, when I decided I was finally ready to shed all that weight I put on during puberty. I am not a runner. I never have been, and I doubt I ever will be. My body responds best to building muscles, and since figuring that out, that's what I tend to stick with. I dropped 30 lbs in about a year and felt great. :D

I never put on the so-called Freshman Fifteen, but I have gained a bit back over the years (although I feel like I wear it better now).

Back in December I got home from trip to India during which time I had, perhaps surprisingly, put on a little weight. I decided it was time to get rid of it and get strong, even stronger than I used to be! After geeking around on the interwebz I found NF and by the time I'd finished reading the first article, was hooked.

Where I am right now:
I've picked weight training back up and am more into it than ever. I played around with a variety of workouts since returning home in early December and have settled on NF's Barbell Battalion as my weapon of choice. I love being "the girl doing deadlifts" and my current goal is to also become "the girl doing pull-ups." Call me an attention whore if you must.

I can tell I've gotten stronger already, just in the last month or so. Right now the scale tells me I'm within 5 lbs of my all-time heaviest, except this time it's more muscle than fat. My jeans are about a size 7 instead of the 13 I wore late in middle school, even though my weight is almost the same. Woot! Sheer laziness has kept me from posting here until now, but I'm hoping to be a little more vocal now that I'm nice and motivated, and feeling social. ;)

Here's to group adventuring!

• Like 5

Barbells are a girl's best friend.

Welcome!  Keep up the good work!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

welcome! i just joined the community yesterday myself and i am a fellow lady lifter :peaceful: I however have resigned myself to weights at home because, and i'll admit it, i'm self conscious at the gym in the weights section. Lucky for me though hubby wants to put on weight, and is self conscious of his size so he wont go to a gym...yet...but we do have a nice free weight/dumbbell/barbell collection with a nice bench. I figure maybe once we both get more comfy we will join the gym for the additional weights and machines or just keep with it at home. good luck here! ive been focusing on losing weight for over a year now. i was lifting weights but hated the scale (even though i liked the way i was looking) and at the time i wasnt in the mindset to see the scale going up so i stopped. I've since picked the weights back up, said screw the scale, and started lifting again. i'm following LiveFit but am looking forward to other programs when i finish my first one! maybe we can help keep each other going!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion!!

I've picked weight training back up and am more into it than ever. I played around with a variety of workouts since returning home in early December and have settled on NF's Barbell Battalion as my weapon of choice. I love being "the girl doing deadlifts" and my current goal is to also become "the girl doing pull-ups." Call me an attention whore if you must.

One of my friends is "the girl doing pull-ups". Every time she does it I get a good laugh because there usually ends up being at least one guy that sees her do them and then tries to outdo her. Most don't even come close (she can do something like 15 or so).

• Like 4

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."