I'm doing the 30/30 squat challenge found here. I'll let Ido Portal do the talking..

--

Squat - basic human position.

Original human use: REST

For the next 30 days spend 30 minutes a day of ass to grass, relaxed spine, flat foot squat. Simply - set up a timer in your smartphone for 30 minutes and every time you go down to the squat - let it run. (Speaking on the phone, waiting for the train, etc..)

Commit and get HUGE benefits in mobility, knee and hip health, digestion and more. 

Make sure to post a BEFORE and AFTER. 

Rules of thumb:

1. No REST days during the 30 days.
2. Relaxed spine - no need to try to remain erect or with neutral spine. Its a RESTING position.
3. Width between the feet - around shoulder width apart but should be individualized and experimented with - aim for maximal depth and relaxation.
4. How much feet should be turned out or should they be facing forward? Don't let anyone sell you the idea of ONE perfect position - this should be individualized and experimented with - aim for maximal depth and relaxation.
5. Knee pain? Hip pain? stand up and move around. Resume the squat and work in small short bursts of squatting throughout the day.
6. Footwear? Best - barefoot. Second best - minimal footwear. 
7. Keep your heels on the floor if possible. If impossible, try a small heel support until you gain the proper mobility to squat flat foot on the ground. 
8. True sign of good squatting? When you get tired from STANDING - you squat and not vise versa! True story!
9. How deep should you squat? There is only one answer - DEEPER.

---

And some creative ones if you feel like it.  :)

It would be great if you joined the Facebook group to spread the word further. :)

Squatters unite! :D

• Like 2

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

Sounds like fun to me :) I have also made a spreadsheet just in case people want to track themselves on it :) (Got to have a spreadsheet :P )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmtRMwoMwJORdHh2OEUzTUtBSWVHN3drVkVuaGxHa3c&usp=sharing

• Like 1

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I'll start tomorrow! Ok, that's procrastination speaking. :tongue: Mily have been tempting me with this challenge for a while, so I need to jump in. No laughing at my squatting posture, my ankles are not really good.

I'm a bit lazy to take a picture right now, so here is an old one but I'm still at the same level.

sml_gallery_7471_545_132734.jpg

• Like 1

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Awgawd... First try, no heel support 12 minutes. Easy. Then Milythael told me that I needed to support my heels for the pvp and I obeyed like a nice little robot. (still a very pouting one)

THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!! The front of my legs is screaming in despair, like if thousands of kittens were denied tuna cans. I can only last 2 minutes! 2!!!!!!!! This is gonna be a long challenge :(

Are Level 1 people allowed to participate in these?? I like the look of this one!

Feel free to join in and get squatting.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

First day done and I DIDN'T LIKED IT! I have 3 mangas books under my heels and really don't feel like taking off some... EVER!

Relaxing they said.... If you think that putting your legs in a ant colony is relaxing. Sure. *whines*

• Like 2

Day 1 done! Awesome but my ankles feel crazy!

post-23578-0-86268000-1391051842_thumb.j

Sorry it's a wee bitty pic, not sure how to make it bigger  :wacko:

• Like 2

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Curiosity of people at work has arisen. I got two people to join me on a three minute squat today. They will come back to my office tomorrow for more squatting. :D

That's awesome!

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

I'm doing the 30/30 squat challenge found here. I'll let Ido Portal do the talking..

--

Squat - basic human position.

Original human use: REST

For the next 30 days spend 30 minutes a day of ass to grass, relaxed spine, flat foot squat. Simply - set up a timer in your smartphone for 30 minutes and every time you go down to the squat - let it run. (Speaking on the phone, waiting for the train, etc..)

Commit and get HUGE benefits in mobility, knee and hip health, digestion and more. 

So, that's why I'm so bad at it! It's for humans! HUMANS! Definitely not for robot leaders for whose it puts real live ANTS in the legs! Fire ants even! The worse kind that gives short circuits!

I still did it because I'm awesome like that, but the paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin :'(

• Like 4

So, that's why I'm so bad at it! It's for humans! HUMANS! Definitely not for robot leaders for whose it puts real live ANTS in the legs! Fire ants even! The worse kind that gives short circuits!

I still did it because I'm awesome like that, but the paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin :'(

Yes you are! I think your ant colony moved in with me, you should be rid of them!

You're welcome! :D

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Supporting you all and checking out this thread so I can be motivated by your awesomeness. Right now I am working on making it for 5 minutes a day.  Hoping to keep upping that number, right now my hips are complaining about the 5 minutes.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27