Day 2 for me, No pic, also I had to stand up with 12 mins left for a few moments due to the numb throbbing feeling in my feet but I got it.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hhhhhhhmf.... I can see that all of you, humans, have no troubles to keep you heels on the floor. I highly suggest that after this challenge we make a "Squat like a robot" day, because there is no reason!

Day 3 (only?!? :( )

30 minutes done

Record: 3 minutes on 3 books

15 minutes spend using 3 books as support

15 minutes spent using 2 books as support

28 minutes spent complaing

I can only keep my heels on the floor if I take a wider stance.  I suspect my belly throws me too far back with a narrow (hip width) stance, causing the heels up phenomenon.

30 minutes done in 10 minute intervals.  Barely able to stand afterward.  Where is my foam roller?

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

This thread is full of awesome! Nuala you're cracking me up and actually motivating me to join. I'm very whiny too when I'm squating without elevated heels. In my weightlifting shoes it's all good, but barefoot it's so hard to keep balance and I just want to let myself fall on my face or ass and be done with the crazyness. 

Ugh. Ok, i'm getting up.. err, down, and joining you guys.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I can only keep my heels on the floor if I take a wider stance.  I suspect my belly throws me too far back with a narrow (hip width) stance, causing the heels up phenomenon.

30 minutes done in 10 minute intervals.  Barely able to stand afterward.  Where is my foam roller?

Same issue here. I have to move to a much wider stance - which is only tenuously capable of being done in pants. 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

Same issue here. I have to move to a much wider stance - which is only tenuously capable of being done in pants. 

Sweatpants!!! :D

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Day 4 done. Went back to 3 books under the heels, 2 makes me unbalanced. My front legs feels.. weird, as if my bones were sore. My tights seems to sulk a bit too. I am still not convinced at all by the concept of "resting position", I mean, sure if you had to chose between a squat and sitting on a thousand needles, squat would be probably more restful (even if I'm sure some yogi would disagree)

On to week 5! Weeeeeeee... :'(

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Day 3. Ankles are a lot better this time around and it's easier to get up now! Held one for 10 minutes :excitement: then broke the rest of them up into 7, 5, 6, and 2 minute blocks!

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Day 3 done!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I got the kids to squat with me in front of the tv :D now the big one is hooked. The little one can't sit still long enough :P

• Like 1

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Since there's apparently no late to this challenge, I'll give it a shot. I'll probably be moaning and groaning along with Nuala, my ankle mobility leaves a lot to be desired...

Groaning squatters unite! :D

Groaning squatters unite! :D

Indeed. I made it almost 2 minutes (x 3 rounds), with my heels up on one book each (I used 2 of the Hunger Games books, I knew they'd have to be good for something some day!). The fronts of my ankles were on fire, I couldn't tell if it was from the compression or from the effort of keeping myself from falling over backwards or a bit of both. Nothing's particularly sore this morning, though I can sort of feel something in that area a bit... Sadly, my TV is up too high for me to see it easily when squatting. I may have to move it to the floor, which means I'd have to clean up the floor first.... *sigh*

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Day 5...

My legs are still acting like an ant colony, they are also a bit sore-ish. I still use books to support myself and am still not understanding fully the concept of "resting". Truth to be said, today was not that bad, I mean, there could be worse. I could have had to run after a metro with 10 cm high stilettos heels but I doubt I would have been able to post this message in that case. But at least stilettos are deadly weapons so I could have taken a few people with me in my doom.

On an unrelated(?) note, my abs are killing me. I don't remember using them extensively lately, can the squats be responsible?

Day 4

Not as easy to keep the squats held for longer than 5 minutes, but getting up out of them was easier today!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

6/30
Completed, but this picture was from before I started keeping track.  It was just too amusing to me, as it is me resting in a squat ... on a rope net ... nearly 3 meters in the air.

603993_656952727677262_300537458_n.jpg

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Day 4 out of 30 done!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Day 5...

My legs are still acting like an ant colony, they are also a bit sore-ish. I still use books to support myself and am still not understanding fully the concept of "resting". Truth to be said, today was not that bad, I mean, there could be worse. I could have had to run after a metro with 10 cm high stilettos heels but I doubt I would have been able to post this message in that case. But at least stilettos are deadly weapons so I could have taken a few people with me in my doom.

On an unrelated(?) note, my abs are killing me. I don't remember using them extensively lately, can the squats be responsible?

Thats probably not unrelated. If you have to fight to not fall backwards/sideways/forewards, then that's a lot of ab work.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram