I don't know how to do the spoiler thing from my phone... I'll try it when I'm more awake...

Day onePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Three minutes so far... I'll do more when I wake up :)

I feel like I have a very difficult time breathing in the bottom of the squat... I tried to make my knees really wide so my belly wasn't squished... but I still felt a lot of pressure... I feel like it's difficult to fully expand my ribs and take a complete breath :(

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I will be another late joiner, downloaded stopwatch again on my droid and timed it for two minutes.  Balance was a little rough though for the first attempt, so Zoe decided she would help and hold one of my arms, it was fine until she decided to lick, looked at me (dog breath, needs better smelling food) and then licked my big toe.  Its hard to stay balanced when a border collie lick your toe. 

15 more to go for my day 1.  I'll start adding this to my battle log as well.

(I am also trying to work up to 100 squats a day, I am trying to do 50 before I go to bed missed 3 night s this week from depressive thoughts)

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Day 10 & 11 post, got em done yesterday and today. I even broke it out as part of a workout with some friends for one of our rest periods!

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

day 1: I ended up getting like 10 ish minutes before work... might get like 5 minutes more tonight :)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I might have to change this challenge for me, logged 15 for today.  (and Zoey didn't bother me for most of the last 10)

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

13/30

Completed 14:00 waiting for buses early in the day.  Completed another 2 x 8:00 after 2300.  My calves were crazy tight from Thursday's hiking.  Today was the most difficult yet.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Day 8 completed!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

technically a new day :)

day 2: 4 min while waiting for my patient in ct scan :) got weird looks :)

Spoiler

Only 25 minutes yesterday, I wanted to do it wide squats only and it was not a good idea. With that posture my feet are not flat on the floor but slightly on the inside and I kinda hurt my left foot :x

It's still hurting today but I'll see if normal close squats with heel support will do.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I'll be another Johnny-come-lately to this one, if I may.  Started yesterday with the bright idea of only being able to watch Netflix squatting.  So now, I'm watching Leverage in 1-2 minute increments :playful:  I could get to a flat footed position, but was only able to hold if for about 30 seconds.  I elevated my heels with a folded up blanket, which helped be get much more time.  I think I'll try taking a fold out at the end of the week.

I got a total of ten minutes today between what I got at work and then at the gym... one of my rest times I was squatting near the machine and so I held onto it and leaned back... THAT felt like a "rest position"! I could breathe it was awesome... although I can't figure out how to lean back like that when I'm not holding onto something

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Day 12 only 15 minutes... this week is going to be interesting... Gonna be working odd hours and potentially 12-18 hours extra. Will hopefully find time when I can.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

14/30

I completed all 30 minutes while waiting for buses today.  10:00, 8:30, 11:30.

I've been working on my shoulder width, parallel feet squat by pushing my knees wide.  It requires more pronated ankle flexibility than I am used to.  I think it is about time for a new picture.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Day 9 Completed!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Been following and enjoying. I might do something like this my next challenge.

If you really want to see some extra benefit, slowly try bringing your toes pointed in more. One of the benefits of doing these squats is increased ankle dorsiflexion (larger range of motion in the direction of bringing toes up toward the shin), and decreasing the amount of toes out will help with this. Keep your heels on the floor and you'll feel the stretch in your achilles.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Took a break yesterday because my foot hurt and because... lazy. Went back to heel supported squat today with a pillow and did 2*15 minutes. Took me a while to get some blood back in my toes :P

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Day 10 Done! Double Digits! \o/

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Day one of Busy Week, day 13 of squatting. Didn't keep track, just did it whenever I found time. Might have to be the only way to get it done this week.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

ugh... no squats in the last couple days... this sickness has the body aching so much that I am incapable

Spoiler