Hi y'all! :)

I am starting this as a daily thread to encourage myself and anyone else who wants to show more love to their bodies and/or improve their relationship with food.

How It Works:Every day, you find the thread (click "follow this thread" the red button on the top right of the thread page) and post one or more positive comments about your body and/or a positive thing involving your relationship with food.

Who Can Participate: Anyone, regardless of level or guild, from the day you join the Rebellion until the day you leave us.

What Else Do I Need To Know: There may be levels added for consistent participation in the future, and everything will be decided by group consensus. Feel free to make suggestions, ask questions, laugh, joke, have fun, support eachother and anything else positive. Keep the judgement and negativity elsewhere.

I am really excited about doing this and I hope that you decide to love your body and improve your relationship with food along with me :)

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I love my collarbone, my hair, my eyes and my curves :) 

• Like 2

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

I love my beard.

And I had 2 meals for lunch =)

Yay! What did you have?

I love my collarbone, my hair, my eyes and my curves :)

I love your hair and eyes too, I forgot to comment about it on the body part thread, but you are beautiful :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

3. Body: I bought new jeans today and had to get a size smaller than I expected :D

3.Food: I really enjoyed my dinner tonight: Butter Chicken with veggies, rice and naan and a veggie samosa :love_heart: Indian food :love_heart:

• Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Bekah, you made my night! I'm having a very ugly day and I can't thank you enough for the boost of confidence. 

Awesome about the jeans, lady! Feels amazing, huh? <3

• Like 2

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Bekah, you made my night! I'm having a very ugly day and I can't thank you enough for the boost of confidence. 

Awesome about the jeans, lady! Feels amazing, huh? <3

awww I am glad :) It DOES feel amazing! :D

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

4. Body: It's very good at letting me know what it needs when I am not ignoring it.

4. Food: I made a menu for the week and got all the groceries for it and tomorrow is my first adventure into batch cooking!

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

This is a great idea :) Here's mine for today; 

Body: I'm starting to love how my stomach looks! No 6-pack yet but it was always my biggest problem area - now I just want to walk around flashing people! (but I won't.)

Food: I ate a lot better this weekend then I have been on past weekends; I tend to slip up but this time I did a bit better. No bloating on Weigh In Day!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

This week has been pretty miserable for me - being ill for half the week does that to a person. And yet . . .

Body 1. (30/01/14) Found myself admiring the way my new hair colour brought out my blue-green-grey-yellow-multi-coloured eyes even in the sucky lighting of the bathroom.

Food 1. (30/01/2014) Having been ill the previous two days to the point where I could barely eat or move I found myself subsciously walking to the fizzy pop section of the shop and found that not only did I have no craving whatsoever, but that I was seriously put off by even the thought of having a fizzy pop. Who says going mostly cold turkey (Christmas/alcohol exception!) never works? :tongue:

Body 2. (31/01//14) Still felt ill, yet plugged on with BBWW and lost virtually no momentum. Also got complimented on my complexion, apparently it's 'classically elegant'. I may have preened a little.

Food 2. (31/01/14) Had a rum and coke. No more. I like to drink at home or in good company and I usually have a fair bit (alochol doesn't really affect me), but I had one. Not only did I choose not to have more when my brain is saying 'have another', but the taste wasn't very nice either.

Body 3. (01/02/14) Did workout in skimpy(ish) pyjamas; noticed that damn my legs are just straight up awesome, and the bits I'm still not fond of (silly excess body fat going from the bottom and top to the middle) are still very strong and capable of walking for hours on end without complaining or standing still without complaint. I love my legs, and they deserve to be shown off more, rather than hidden in baggy(ish) trousers and jeans.

Food 3. (01/02/14) Found myself planning out two new recipes to try that are wholly Paeleo and looking forward to the new ingredients and the test of making them.

Body 4. (02/02/14) The minor injury I'd given myself Friday has completely cleared up because I took care of myself properly via exercise, massage and massage with 'harsh' body scrub. Wore tight (UK) 16S jeans and was complimented on the loveliness that are my legs and butt.

Food 4.  (02/02/14) With my new allowance of an occasional cheat snack I indulged today. And stopped after the snack even though I wanted more.

Yeah, I posted one thing for every day since the challenge started, used to have very serious body issues - like self-harm issues, so that I'm able to list those eight things all at once when I'm semi-hating myself is honestly the best thing. THE BEST.

Go us! We're all awesome.

• Like 3

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

This week has been pretty miserable for me - being ill for half the week does that to a person. And yet . . .

Body 1. (30/01/14) Found myself admiring the way my new hair colour brought out my blue-green-grey-yellow-multi-coloured eyes even in the sucky lighting of the bathroom.

Food 1. (30/01/2014) Having been ill the previous two days to the point where I could barely eat or move I found myself subsciously walking to the fizzy pop section of the shop and found that not only did I have no craving whatsoever, but that I was seriously put off by even the thought of having a fizzy pop. Who says going mostly cold turkey (Christmas/alcohol exception!) never works? :tongue:

Body 2. (31/01//14) Still felt ill, yet plugged on with BBWW and lost virtually no momentum. Also got complimented on my complexion, apparently it's 'classically elegant'. I may have preened a little.

Food 2. (31/01/14) Had a rum and coke. No more. I like to drink at home or in good company and I usually have a fair bit (alochol doesn't really affect me), but I had one. Not only did I choose not to have more when my brain is saying 'have another', but the taste wasn't very nice either.

Body 3. (01/02/14) Did workout in skimpy(ish) pyjamas; noticed that damn my legs are just straight up awesome, and the bits I'm still not fond of (silly excess body fat going from the bottom and top to the middle) are still very strong and capable of walking for hours on end without complaining or standing still without complaint. I love my legs, and they deserve to be shown off more, rather than hidden in baggy(ish) trousers and jeans.

Food 3. (01/02/14) Found myself planning out two new recipes to try that are wholly Paeleo and looking forward to the new ingredients and the test of making them.

Body 4. (02/02/14) The minor injury I'd given myself Friday has completely cleared up because I took care of myself properly via exercise, massage and massage with 'harsh' body scrub. Wore tight (UK) 16S jeans and was complimented on the loveliness that are my legs and butt.

Food 4.  (02/02/14) With my new allowance of an occasional cheat snack I indulged today. And stopped after the snack even though I wanted more.

Yeah, I posted one thing for every day since the challenge started, used to have very serious body issues - like self-harm issues, so that I'm able to list those eight things all at once when I'm semi-hating myself is honestly the best thing. THE BEST.

This deserves a giant bear hug! Way to go! :)

• Like 2

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

and THIS is why I am doing this, for you and me and anyone else, because even minor body issues are a struggle, and the major ones take over your life, and we are here to improve our lives right!?!?! I need this thread in order to do that, and I knew I wasn't alone.

:love_heart:

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

5. Body: I went outside in shorts and a tank top today, and barely even thought about how fat I looked! ( Last April was the first time in almost a decade that I wore shorts in public bc I was embarrased by my body, and last year was the first time ever that I wore a tank top in public period.)

5. Food: I am making homemade turkey sausage, a pot roast to use for beef tips and chicken salad for food for the week!

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

and THIS is why I am doing this, for you and me and anyone else, because even minor body issues are a struggle, and the major ones take over your life, and we are here to improve our lives right!?!?! I need this thread in order to do that, and I knew I wasn't alone.

:love_heart:

Yes. Fourteen-year-old SuNoYo hated herself, her life and would physically hurt herself. Sometimes she would think about dying. She never told anyone anything and did her best to be normal and 'perfect'. Or at least as normal as a smart bibliomaniac could be. She always did her best to put on a front for her friends - or at least the people she hung around with; she didn't think she had any friends.

See over one summer several things happened: the weather was utterly awful and she couldn't go out as she used to. And one of her best friends turned out to be a backstabbing bitch of the highest degree whose mother would phone up the school and claim that I'd cheated off her daughter. That summer lead to her putting on over two stone in six weeks -  thanks to then undiagnosed health issues - which was put down to laziness and overeating and things.

And so she hated herself and lost trust in her friends.

By sixteen she'd discovered online forums. Her persona online was happy, bubbly, confident and often mistaken for being a decade over her actual age.

By nineteen or twenty she was much more confident in herself, but still struggling with her health, her illness and depression. But still, she was better than before.

She won't say she's completely better, and the one time she tried to get help for her depression it made things worse - and frankly, the NHS' approach to her illness and its treatment isn't great - but mostly she's much more honest with herself and the persona she once put on is now more real.

And all because of a bitch (doesn't help that she was tall and thin either) coinciding with weight issues and things.

I'm happier now. So it's time to love my body more.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Yay this is cool! Joining up starting now (thanks for posting in all the forums!). Bit of backstory: Lifelong problematic relationships with body & food. Eating disorders in junior high (to a very serious degree). Later, worked as dancer and model, so kind of knew my body looked good, but had all sorts of issues with food. About 12 years ago a mild seizure disorder suddenly became much more serious, I was put on a drug that caused me to gain 50 lbs. Took a very long time to lose the weight. I've been everything from a size 0 (when anorexic) to a 20 (after medication destroyed my metabolism). Now on meds that suit me much better, lots of hard work, a 6 to 8. Pretty good with body acceptance and relationship with food though shaky at times.

Body: Did a professional photoshoot just for me and to feel good about my body at age 48. Haven't seen the results yet (takes about 2 weeks for processing, retouching, etc), but I felt so sexy during the shoot, didn't worry if I looked fat or anything.

Food: Ate a pastry today that wasn't on my program. Instead of feeling evil, telling myself I'd never have sugar again, said well, I did a 16-mile run yesterday, guess I'm still craving carbs. And it was tasty. And one delicious pastry isn't going to destroy my Challenge.

• Like 2

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Yay this is cool! Joining up starting now (thanks for posting in all the forums!). Bit of backstory: Lifelong problematic relationships with body & food. Eating disorders in junior high (to a very serious degree). Later, worked as dancer and model, so kind of knew my body looked good, but had all sorts of issues with food. About 12 years ago a mild seizure disorder suddenly became much more serious, I was put on a drug that caused me to gain 50 lbs. Took a very long time to lose the weight. I've been everything from a size 0 (when anorexic) to a 20 (after medication destroyed my metabolism). Now on meds that suit me much better, lots of hard work, a 6 to 8. Pretty good with body acceptance and relationship with food though shaky at times.

Body: Did a professional photoshoot just for me and to feel good about my body at age 48. Haven't seen the results yet (takes about 2 weeks for processing, retouching, etc), but I felt so sexy during the shoot, didn't worry if I looked fat or anything.

Food: Ate a pastry today that wasn't on my program. Instead of feeling evil, telling myself I'd never have sugar again, said well, I did a 16-mile run yesterday, guess I'm still craving carbs. And it was tasty. And one delicious pastry isn't going to destroy my Challenge.

I understand that :( I have had an ED since middle school, sometimes more severe than others, but was thin all my life (anorexic behaviors but never got extremely underweight bc My perfect weight in my mind wasnt extremely thin, but I was very rigid to not gain an ounce) until I gained 100 lbs from the meds too :( which exacerbated the ED obviously, and it's been hell trying to eat enough to keep my metabolism going at all bc my mind screams its too much food constantly, but gaining the weight has forced me to love and accept myself more (and see the need for it) so in that way I will be forever grateful for it bc of what it gave me in return :)

I'm glad you are here!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I understand that :( I have had an ED since middle school, sometimes more severe than others, but was thin all my life (anorexic behaviors but never got extremely underweight bc My perfect weight in my mind wasnt extremely thin, but I was very rigid to not gain an ounce) until I gained 100 lbs from the meds too :( which exacerbated the ED obviously, and it's been hell trying to eat enough to not keep my metabolism going at all bc my mind screams its too much food constantly, but gaining the weight has forced me to love and accept myself more (and see the need for it) so in that way I will be forever grateful for it bc of what it gave me in return :)

I'm glad you are here!

Aww this made me very sad :(

*great big hug*

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I am up for this challenge.

Body: I have always loved my legs, they are solid and strong.

Food: I haven't eaten bread for nearly a month. (Used to eat 12+ slices per day.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 5

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I am up for this challenge. Body: I have always loved my legs, they are solid and strong. Food: I haven't eaten bread for nearly a month. (Used to eat 12+ slices per day.Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Fantastic start! Thanks for showing up :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn