Monday 2/17/14

10.) In the quest for long hair, I've just entered another awkward stage. I think with a little product and combing, I can pull of the awkward, and make it at least appear that it doesn't give me fuss.

(pictured tugging on one of many curly bits that only grow in the back)

1zgtgy8.jpg

Also any advice on making the awkward hair stages more enjoyable is appreciated. =]

Just own it!  You look good!

Tuesday 18/02

Food: I love my fruit and nut muesli in the mornings.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Has anyone noticed that this thread seems to run on themes, particularly the Body section? I'm going to be joining the current bandwagon, that's for sure.

Body 28: My hair is especially voluminous and pretty today, and I'll be touching up the dye as it seems to be fading a bit tomorrow. That's going to be 'Body 29: Spent almost an hour in the shower having a long pamper and dye session.'

Food 25: Chicken and bacon caesar salad is made of yumminess.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Hahah, yep, we all seem to notice similar things around similar times. :P

Tuesday the 18th.

Body:

All of it! I went clothes shopping and nearly died with happiness when I found clothes sizes that I never thought I'd fit into. 

Also, I bought hot pants. :)

Food:

Raw Peanut Satay noodles. No cooking and I have leftover sauce to nom today. Dip all the things! (in satay.)

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Hahah, yep, we all seem to notice similar things around similar times. :tongue:

I think that by other people mentioning Thing A we're drawn to look at Thing A in relation to us and then, because of the nature of the thread, we make ourselves find something positive about it.

Tuesday the 18th.

Body:

All of it! I went clothes shopping and nearly died with happiness when I found clothes sizes that I never thought I'd fit into. 

Food:

Raw Peanut Satay noodles. No cooking and I have leftover sauce to nom today. Dip all the things! (in satay.)

Cool.

And pics? :lewd: :P

They nice? Never heard of them before.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

I think that by other people mentioning Thing A we're drawn to look at Thing A in relation to us and then, because of the nature of the thread, we make ourselves find something positive about it.

Cool.

And pics? :lewd: :tongue:

They nice? Never heard of them before.

I couldn't get a good shot of them without looking like a dope. :P

Here's the recipe for the noodles, they are pretty tasty. You could probably put the satay sauce on everything.

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Monday 2/17/14

10.) In the quest for long hair, I've just entered another awkward stage. I think with a little product and combing, I can pull of the awkward, and make it at least appear that it doesn't give me fuss.

(pictured tugging on one of many curly bits that only grow in the back)

1zgtgy8.jpg

Also any advice on making the awkward hair stages more enjoyable is appreciated. =]

Groovy!

Unfortunately, there is no help for the awkward stage. But it won't last too... long.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Tuesday the 18th.

Body:

Food:

I'll say it again - pics or it didn't happen. :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Tuesday the 18th.

Body:

Food:

Yayyyyy, girlie! This is so exciting! I know the feeling, I went shopping on V Day with my Momma and I bought two shirts that were a size smaller than I usually wear!

Body: This is a mixture of physical and mental, nature and nurture, but I'm very proud of my voice and skill I've acquired in the 18 years of choir and 10 years of voice I've completed. I love my voice. 

Food: I love steak and kiwi, which was my dinner! Yum!

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Wednesday 19/02

Body: my waist and hips. I now need a belt to hold up my 97/38's.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hey everyone! I am going to be posting very sporadically for a while. I had to have emergency surgery yesterday bc I had an obstructed bowel. So I'm in the hospital for probably the rest of this week and I have an incision from my sternum to my belly button so recovery is going to be rough! But at least now I know what's wrong!

16. Food: ice chips are heavenly

16. Body: I lived through my surgery

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Hey everyone! I am going to be posting very sporadically for a while. I had to have emergency surgery yesterday bc I had an obstructed bowel. So I'm in the hospital for probably the rest of this week and I have an incision from my sternum to my belly button so recovery is going to be rough! But at least now I know what's wrong!

Food: ice chips are heavenly

Body: I lived through my surgery

Holy carp! I'm glad you're okay! This at least explains why you weren't feeling so well this past week. And yet you still did really well on your SWC.

Therefore:

Body: In spite of having an obstructed bowel I/you still managed to do really well on my/your SWC.

- - -

Body 29: Spent almost an hour in the shower having a long pamper and dye session.

Food 26: Cheese, spinach and mushroom omelette. It was my first time trying spinach in an omelette; verdict: yum.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Gaah! That's sucky. 

Get better soon!

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Glad you made it through!

Take things slow and respect your body's ability to heal. 

Sending thoughts of love and healing to you! 

- L

Get well soon!

I went hiking on sunday, slipped on ice and cut my hand up on rocks. Had to get 6 stitches on my finger. All in all, it was a good day!

Yay for surviving the surgery. I guess your next challenge will be recovery.

You be gentle with yourself first and foremost.

Bekah

Get well soon - wishing you a speedy recovery.

Body: I'm down a dress size - to a UK 14. Not sure I will be that size in all makes but I was in the two dresses I tried on yesterday.

Food: I've been out for dinner at friends houses this week. Not necessarily Paleo but yummy.

• Like 2

Level 4 Adventurer: Half Hobbit / Half Dwarf

STR ~ 5 | DEX ~ 2.5 | STA ~ 5 | CON ~ 7 | WIS ~ 8 | CHA ~ 5

Current Challenge

"Be yourself... Everyone else is taken" Oscar Wilde

In honor of the 4 hour meeting I attended today that was extremely Robert's Rules of Order-heavy today, I make a motion that Kishi provide a picture of these arms that he really, really likes :) I think we should all have the pleasure of viewing them. Can I get a second? :D

Oh so seconded.

ha ha, if I had a way to do that, I totally would. But all I've got is my laptop camera, and the lighting is always terrible wherever I am. I try to take pictures, and the light gets blocked out.

But I'd do it if I could! I'm a vain piece of crap when it comes down to it, and I like showing off.

Someday, if I'm ever growed up enough to afford a smartphone and a data plan, then... yeah.

• Like 1

ha ha, if I had a way to do that, I totally would. But all I've got is my laptop camera, and the lighting is always terrible wherever I am. I try to take pictures, and the light gets blocked out.

But I'd do it if I could! I'm a vain piece of crap when it comes down to it, and I like showing off.

Someday, if I'm ever growed up enough to afford a smartphone and a data plan, then... yeah.

:grumpy:

Today has been a day of screaming awfulness; I've talked about it in my current challenge thread, I will not here.

Body 30: Until a few hours ago I never realised just how much I relied on my non-dominant hand for such simple things as holding and carrying things.

Food 27: Had white chocolate for the first time in over a month, very, very sweet, but at the time it was so very worth it.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Thursday the 20th (think I skipped a couple but.. challenges! anyway.)

Body:

I attempted a run again this morning; glad to say that my feet didn't revolt on me and I appear to be ankle-pain free. (last time was a complete balls-up but you get that.)

Food:

Bulletproof coffee. How have I only just discovered this?!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

First of all, we are smartphone-less, caffeine-powered, barista twinsies :D And secondly, you may show off as much as you like! :P

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9