Resistance is futile log stardate 91686.44

Decided it was time to join the battle log party. Partly in an attempt to get me organised, maybe get me back to the wonders of 6 week challenges and possibly to degenerate into a whine/rant/complain session.

If the title hasn't given it away I'm a big Sci-fi geek/dork. It was sparked by Star Trek TNG, used to catch episodes on the wonderous BBC while growing up. Then I discovered the X files at 14 and then Stargate, and well you get the picture :tongue:. I've been a gamer dork for even longer, since playing the original Wolfenstein aged 9 (and being banned by my mother, apparently not suitable for girls/kids I'm not sure which?).

So in the theme of 6-week challenges right now my main quest is Get Organised - I got engaged at the beginning of this year (that was a big w00t), but that's lead to a need to organise things :).

For now (and I'm thinking of the next 8 weeks here) my mini goals are:

1. Get my WODs sorted n stick to it. I've been bouncing around in what days I go to the box and what I do when I'm there. So no more of that, pick my days and classes, then engage!
  2. Cook more. I'm trying to go back to more primal eating and less of the ready made supermarket stuff, so more weekend cooking and stockpiling for the week should help here.
  3. Sleep is good. I need to work on sleeping 8 hours every night, not just weekends or at the beginning of the week :tongue:.

Life quest - get back to looking at jobs, I'm on a short term contract atm and it takes 2 hours of my day commuting there. This would help on the get organised for wedding and then rest of life quest for me.

Spooky_Rach, level 3 dwarf ranger
STR 5|DEX 3|STA 6|CON 6|WIS 5|CHA 4

Friday update - w00t weekend is here nearly, means more time for scheming :pirate:.

Goal 1 - check the sorted tick box, I've decided on my WOD days :). Box is my second home on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Some of 'em are double sessions (like Friday and Sunday = open gym + class and Thursdays = class + oly lifitng class). Now to stick to it :nevreness:

Goal 2 - I have ingredients for Catspaw's seasoned ground beef recipe which I'm using for lunches next week. OH and I are working on reducing the freezer residents, so after that I have plans on stockpiling homemade stuff in there.

Goal 3 - this was a definite fail last night. I stayed for oly lifiting class at my box last night so I got back later than usual and bye bye enough sleep.

Dork log stardate 91691.28 (or Saturday 01 Feb for when I can't remember how to convert stardates >.<).

Friday was a double session day at Crossfit box for me. Fridays are awesome because if I'm not too busy at work I'm allowed to finish at leave at 3pm, which means most Fridays I get to go to open gym and crossfit class :).

So I spent yesterday's open gym practising what we did in oly lifting class  on Thursday. Class was 4x4 squats at 90% of 1RM, so that was 54kg (or 120lbs for the non-metrics :);)), 5x5 front rack lunges and 8x3 plyo jumps. The 4x4 squats seemed rather hard than they should have done, I have feeling I was tired after Thursday night.

\o/ I got 8 hours of sleep last night, I reckon I will probably go for afternoon nap today. w00t for weekends, :D I get to revert to todlerdom.

• Like 1

1622.jpg

That's me today -> Sleepy_Rach. I've done not much, apart from getting outside and walking. There was blue skies and sunshine today for the first time this year (or at least it feels like that).

I got my afternoon nap. :D box day tomorrow - I'm such a crossfit addict.

So err yeah ¬_¬ yesterday's double session. It didn't happen, i managed the whole wake up, get dressed and take your vitamins bit. Went for a quick walk round the block before heading out to the box and decided I was still too tired. So I spent the day being lazy and eating loads.

This morning nearly went screwy - Monday morning is not the time to wake up feeling like you want to puke. So lucky that it went away after about 20 minutes and some time in the bathroom. I did get close to 8 hours of snooze time though and I have a whole weeks worth of ground beef recipe for lunch this week.

:ph34r: Not been much of a daily battle log for the past 2 days, it's all work and crossfit fault :playful:.

Goal 1 is back on track, WODing done on Monday and Tuesday (clusters are evil I found out on Tuesday).

Goal 2 is going well at lunchtimes, dinner time not so much currently.

I'm still not doing great at the 8 hours of sleep thing either. Seem to get stuck at getting any more than 6.5 to 7.5 hours in the week.

:rolleyes-new: Daily whine had to take mid-season break/hiatus :playful: . Didn't have time with work commute, gym and the fact work degenerated into choas while we played 'let's play pretend' (or mock FDA inspection to be more accurate). I work for a biotech company that is hopefully releasing a new drug some time in the near future (~1 years) - so lots of getting things ready.

:offended: I had to put with a week off WODing as I kept getting stuck at work trying to get things finished on mock inspection week but last week and this week seem to be back on track.

Goal 2 has fallen by the wayside, though I have plans for the weekend to resolve that one.

Goal 3 has kind of working I'm up to about 7 hours most nights. So progress :pride:

w00t - I have a new fitbit One after managing to misplace my Ultra (though knowing my luck it will now turn up at my Box which is the last place I remember having it).

I'm doing okay at sticking to my WODing days, I might have to drop my usual Friday WOD next week - I'll need to get a new prescription for my ezcema meds from my doctor. Which means I need to leave work early. Life always getting in the way of CrossFit :playful:. Though I could solve this (or at least make my life easier if I got of my backisde and found a new job closer to home, though that creates an issue of whether there's a close enough crossfit box).

I'm slipping on the 'get more sleep' on week nights goal, I'm sure having almost completely different sleep habits to my OH doesn't help with this one.