Push Ups...Reloaded PVP

I think I may be developing a brain in my old age. Elbow tendonitis is getting pretty bad. I'm tapping out of day 3. I already feel like I did at the end of the last month long challenge. No bueno. Time to be smart and not dumb. Rest and ice are in my future, we shall see what tomorrow holds. Looks like victory is assured as long as you guys keep it up :)

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I think I may be developing a brain in my old age. Elbow tendonitis is getting pretty bad. I'm tapping out of day 3. I already feel like I did at the end of the last month long challenge. No bueno. Time to be smart and not dumb. Rest and ice are in my future, we shall see what tomorrow holds. Looks like victory is assured as long as you guys keep it up :)

Sorry about your pain, but better to lay low for a few days than to risk injury.

I will also have a rest day today, and then do 1 or 2 more large series until the end of the week.

I hope after this week my muscles will become more adapted to the pushups. It will be interesting to see how will my pushup test result look like at the end of current 6 week challenge.

Sorry about your pain, but better to lay low for a few days than to risk injury.

I will also have a rest day today, and then do 1 or 2 more large series until the end of the week.

I hope after this week my muscles will become more adapted to the pushups. It will be interesting to see how will my pushup test result look like at the end of current 6 week challenge.

Oh we're pretty much at injury level at this point. I'm trying not to make it worse.

I have found though that muscles are extremely adaptable. Joints, less so. My muscles have never given me a problem whatsoever.

I woulda loved to jump back in yesterday, but I ended up being on the road and shopping all night. Pushups in Walmart may attract unwanted attention lol. I'm still here, and today I shall resume. Oh and everything is still sore. I gets no sleeps :l I agree on the side of caution, don't push yourself too hard. There is a ceiling in your house. I think...

°~°

°¬° 

Thanks for the support guys. The thing with my elbow is that one of the main things that causes tendonitis is overuse. I had it to some degree the last push up challenge I did but this time it's definitely greater and quite painful. At the risk of actually causing a serious injury to my elbow and not being able to use it at all I am conceding victory to the challengers. I'll still be updating the group total so you guys can see how you're doing but the crazy volume is over for me. I will however still be doing push ups, just with a twist. More info on that later. Congratulations on the victory everyone, you guys are all awesomesauce :)

I'm still suffering fire chest, but I'm gonna get back on the saddle. I actually felt this work a few of the muscles I've been complaining about being disproportionate. I think doing around 200-300 at least once a week may become a permanent addition to my routine. Anyways I'm off to burn.

°~°

°¬° 

I did 30 standard, 2 handstand, 1 one handed (one for each), and failed spectacularly at a side to side pushup. What about those make them so hard? They're somewhere in the Batman body weight workout of you don't know what I'm talking about. Basically you go down to the bottom of the pushup, about 2 inches off the ground, and then go as far to the left a your shoulders will take you, then to the right, back to the middle and up. Chin bit the carpet lol.

°~°

• Like 1

°¬° 

none for me today again...something is not going well inside my body, entirely unrelated to the push ups I believe, but still not cool. Overtired and stressed are my best guess as to why. But I just finished the biggest part of what I had left of my grad school application process...so now I have a week to get the rest finished (not that I am going to let it sit for that long, but still...at least its not immediately needing attention anymore.) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn