[Prof. Elm: So you're JessD!]

Hello there, everyone! I'm Jess. I'm not going to lie, I haven't been on forums or have really introduced myself online in a long time. I find that talking about yourself is a lot harder when there's no specific guidelines or questions. So, here's what I got.

(Pst. There's a tl;dr at the bottom  :rapture: )

Who am I?

My name is Jess, I am your your typical geek/nerd. Hobbies include movie watching, video game playing, Pen and paper RPGs and snuggling with my cats. I also enjoy arts and crafts and gardening.

Why am I here?

To put it bluntly, I need some support. There have been so many times where I said "Jess, you're going to lose weight and be the Playable Character in your own saga". However, it's much easier said than done, as most of you probably know. I've always been pretty good at maintaining a weight for a long time, but shedding the pounds in the first place is tough. Weighing at about 275-280, I'm not the person I want to be when I look in the mirror or when I go for walks.

What are my goals?

I have a lot of them because I'm still in the experimental phases of fitness. When I was younger I was very active, you could find me riding my bike, roller blading and up until I was 13, I did all types of Dance. I'd like to see myself doing those types of things again. Other fitness activities would be Hiking (since I live near Mt. Tom), Running, Skateboarding (?? I've always wanted to try). Also.. LARP, because hitting people with foam swords sounds fun! (Insert evil laughing face here)

What's keeping me from those goals?

Mostly my own fear of the unknown and some physical ailments. With how many times I've tried calorie counting, dieting and tried exercising, I'm on my last hopes. It doesn't help that I have Chronic Dislocation of both Kneecaps. (Yes, it is as painful as it sounds.) I've had the problem since I was 9, I've had three surgeries to correct the problem and they definitely don't dislocate as much as they used too, but they still cause a lot of discomfort.

How will I overcome these things and reach my goal?

Through diet and exercise! Haha. My partner and I have decided to give the Paleo diet a try, and I'm starting to do the Beginner's Bodyweight exercises every other day. My plan is to slowly phase into the diet, once all the non-Paleo food is gone from the house, I'm going to stick to it as much as possible. Since I cook most meals, my partner will just have to deal. Lol. 

Once I do the Bodyweight exercises and feel stronger from that, I was thinking about joining a nearby gym. But I'll get to that when it comes.

So, yeah. That's about it! I can't wait until I'm the Adventuring Heroine of my dreams. :D

TL;DR

• I'm Jess, nerd extraordinaire
  • I need your support!
  • I wanna hike and frolic and LARP!
  • I'm worried that my bad knees will keep me from achieving my goals
  • Though with the Paleo diet and working up slowly, I think I can do it.
  • Like 3

Welcome to the rebellion, Jess!

We'll be glad to offer support on your quest to a better life! The beginner bodyweight workout is a great place to start, but if you are interested in lifting weights, there is no need to wait! You can join the gym right away and get started. If your knees are giving you trouble, there are a lot of body weight exercises that do not require your knees. Squats and lunges are about the only things that would pose a problem. I suggest you talk to your doctor or a trainer about this. It's best to seek professional advice in such cases.

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Heya, Jess! You've already met Sylvie, our officially non-official spokes-person and keeper-upper of spirits! There are a lot of people here that are going to cheer you on as you hit your goals!

The Beginner's Bodyweight Workout is FANTASTIC. A lot of people start with that, and start adding more difficult things in as they progress. You're going to start feeling the difference in yourself, and your self-esteem, pretty quickly!

Welcome to the Rebellion! You're worth the effort! Now go kick some butt!

• Like 2

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Wow! Thanks for the support! :D

I was wondering what other forum topics I should check out. Are they any that strike you as something I should check out.

I'd be interested in Recipes, Beginner posting, and anything that coincides with my goals. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :smile-new:

Welcome to the rebellion!!

My partner and I are on day 25 of the Whole30 challenge, I have to say it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I'm recovering from surgery but as soon as I get the go-ahead from my Dr. I'll be joining you on the Beginner Body Weight Workout...Good luck with your goals!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda