• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Obitim

Meathead Monday

Me too. Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr are the only things I really check out at the gym.

I love that you not only named your quads, but gave them Tolkienesque names. Everybody go home, Gainsdalf wins the internet.

• Like 1

My mini-Bro moment.

I got one of the guys who works at our gym to spot me on my last set. He's a member of my Univ. Powerlifting team. As I was about to lift the bar off the rack, he said "Show that guy next to us how to do it, he' doing curls in my rack!"

• Like 2

I found an odd occurence at my gym. I usually get there at 7 am (when it opens) and have to wait for a rack due to all the people. Turns out at almost exactly 8:30am all the proactive kids have to go to class, and the middle-of-the-dayers haven't quite made it yet, so the weight room is mostly empty. An odd sweet spot :)

'Keep it secret...Keep it safe'

• Like 1

I love that you not only named your quads, but gave them Tolkienesque names. Everybody go home, Gainsdalf wins the internet.

Not Tolkienesque, it's Norse. Those are the names of the goats that pulled Thor's charriot.

carlsberg-bryghus-copenhagen-denmark.jpg

• Like 3

Remember, Monday is international chest day.

We like to call it the "Monday Chest-saw Massacre"

I'm with you OP - I come into the weight room knowing exact reps and sets on my main lifts and assistance work. The metal is blaring in my MP3 player, my mind is in the game, and my body has been looking forward to this test all day. 5-10 minutes is OK to wait because I can get on some treadmill or hit the mats/bag for a few rounds and keep my blood moving, but anything over 15 and my mojo gets muddled with misapplication of menergy.

But like a tiger senses weakness, I too move in quickly when I sense an opening. No eye contact, bee line to the rack or bench, drop my notebook and water bottle nearby and wait. If folks want to work out with me that's great, but sometimes Trees gotta be fast if they want that barbell.

and this is why I dead lift on monday.  

Although- Almost every work out I have at this point I'm surrounded by a grand total of 3-5 people- no one is there when I'm there- it's AMAZING. Weird and quiet- but AMAZING.

Neither of which should have bothered me but then the free weights section was also packed out...no barbells free...about 6 blokes on the dumbbells section, no room to go anywhere and lift, 3 kids standing round the equipment, doing a few half hearted movements, then loads of conversation before moving onto another bit of kit or 2 machines at the same time and next to each other while having a chat between themselves.bitim, I think you and I train at the same gym.

Obitim, I think you and I train at the same gym.  The Globo-Gym I use is a madhouse at 6:00 pm on weeknights.  It doesn't help that they occupy most of the real estate with machines.  They have 3 smith machines but only 2 squat racks.  That ain't right.

That's rubbish Bill...Mine is a small run place though, that;s the thing...however, your place deffo needs to lose the smith machines...ain't no one got time for that!