Getting back into the swing of things...

Greetings everyone!

I'm not entirely sure what the introduction format is, but I liked the "character bio" idea, so that's what I'm going with...

Personal Info: I'm 33 years old, married and a father of two (4 year old boy; 1 year old girl). I'm 5'5", 175 lbs and I'm a mesomorphic body type (for whatever that's worth). I have a BFA in Metalsmithing and love to build/tinker with things. I've been extremely active all my life; started off in tae kwon do for several years, moved on to wrestling in high school, then onto ARMA (Association for Renaissance Martial Arts) and Schola Saint George (the last two are both Historical European Martial Arts organizations). Weapon styles are my love and will be until I die.

Nerd Info: While I've always had a definite love for video games and comics, I'm really more of a D&D nerd. I may have named my son after Wolverine, but elves, dwarves and dragons are what occupies my mental adventures. I grew up in the 80s/90s with Transformers, Thundercats, Ninja Turtles, and Gargoyles. I followed the typical routine of playing hard outside until it's dark, then going inside and playing video games until bedtime (I still largely follow the same routine).

My Situation: I was able to keep up with my training while my son was young (even though my job has me work odd hours), but after my daughter was born and my wife started working more, I ran into the dreaded "lack of time"!!!   .... also energy... definite lack of energy. I realize I can always find time, but whenever I do have five or ten minutes, I tend to drift into a vegetative state and just plop down somewhere to breath slowly.

My Goals: It seems to me that my issues can be resolved with psychological conditioning and a change in diet. Here's where you guys come in... I just want people of like minds. When I found this website, it was a breath of fresh air. I never realized there were so many people like me...lol (or at least how I like to envision myself). A big thanks to all of you!

... I'm also hoping I can rope in all my nerd friends. I've already been talking up the website.  :playful:

• Like 1

Level 3 Half-Elf Assassin

STR= 9.5  DEX= 14  STA=4  CON=3  WIS=3  CHA=2

Current Challenge

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right."  ~Henry Ford

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Haha, I had the same reaction. When I saw how much this site had to offer, I got pretty excited and started telling people. And I don't even know most of it at this point! 

I'm excited to get into this world, and I know you'll be able to get the support and advice you need!

• Like 1

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

hello and welcome! huge lover of D&D here. actually my character was who inspired me to get more fit and join NF. and now i'm getting to be more and more of a badass [and more and more like my character] every day thanks to this community. i have no doubt you'll fit right in and benefit hugely from NF. can't wait to see where you go!

p.s. love the historical weapons stuff! i've been wanting to learn sword fighting for ages, but can't find anywhere in the area to do so...

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Welcome to the rebellion...how you envision is a good start, then it's to make your vision into reality! :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thanks Stuffed & Red! I appreciate the support; I really feel like that's the number one thing I need right now.

Mevre- I recommend it to anyone. Worst case scenario, it's a fun talking point ("oh yeah, I used to swordfight, until someone stabbed me in the knee"). Message me about it; I'm sure there's some groups in your area.

Hi Silver! I've read several of your posts and already love your positivity. My metalwork is a bit scattered. I make sculptures, knives & I tinker with steampunk projects.

Thanks for the positive words everyone!

• Like 1

Level 3 Half-Elf Assassin

STR= 9.5  DEX= 14  STA=4  CON=3  WIS=3  CHA=2

Current Challenge

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right."  ~Henry Ford