Diggin the wings... those are pretty slick...

Why thank ya! They were my first... was hoping get something big would keep me from getting more... as you can see... that did not work.

They're amazing, MaddieHatter!

Aaaargh, I need to save up quicker!

Thank ya also! 

Why thank ya! They were my first... was hoping get something big would keep me from getting more... as you can see... that did not work.

Thank ya also! 

That's how we all think...

Oh.. just one and I'll be good...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

As much as I am cruising the forums getting ideas and preparing for the next challenge block - must stop by here.

So many beautiful pieces of art with so much story behind it! Love it!

It has been over 2 years since my last tattoo. While the plan of getting the chest piece of my dreams is not set in stone, with money in hand, the chest piece will be my award for whatever challenge I am about to set myself.

As for what I have: Check em out hur!

Absolutely gorgeous! Both you and the tattoos :P This is really not helping me hold off more art...money first! I don't want to wait that long though...

• Like 1

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

I currently have four tats, but three are going to get covered. The first two were my very first tats. I've always been a sucker for duality/good and evil and that kinda stuff. So I asked my sis to draw me some wings and the picture was beautiful. Took it to the artist and I didn't know until he was done that he changed the style AND they weren't even straight and centered. 17925_10200899681437349_1236767454_n.jpg (This is the only pic of me)

So I've covering them with something like this as a full back piece:

10175983_10203740522256594_2847114551662

The second one I want covered was because I was swasted and didn't think it through all the way... It's a polar bear dream catcher on my upper right arm. That's getting replaced with something like this:

10338716_10203740527656729_4852994527242 \

or this:

10268563_10203740528336746_2423649694633

For the Tats I want to get... I'm excited for...

Left Arm:

10172714_10203740528856759_6436828767257

Left Thigh, but as a sakura tree:

1502539_10203740525296670_40801856506785

And my right thigh I'm still up in the air about. For my limbs, I was going for an elemental look and my right thigh is air. I was thinking of getting a peacock, but I dunno yet

• Like 1

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"

1797431_592170744206479_1470188629_n.jpg

This was done last winter.  My mom passed July 8th last year.  She was an elementary school librarian, and when I was a wee lad, she read me Dr; Seuss "Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew" frequently.  

I used to weigh over 300 pounds, I weigh between 210 and 220 now, and today I ran 11 miles in perpetration for a half marathon.  This line in the book always stuck with me as a reminder that sometime stuff happens, I can react to it or make it react to me.  This photo is from the facebook page of the inkwell tattoo company in Painesville Ohio, shout out to Joel (who has done most of my other work), it was taken right after completion.  I don't have other photos handy, but I will try to post them later.  

• Like 4

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.

Runkeeper ID http://runkeeper.com...lloyd77/profile add me!

1797431_592170744206479_1470188629_n.jpg

This was done last winter.  My mom passed July 8th last year.  She was an elementary school librarian, and when I was a wee lad, she read me Dr; Seuss "Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew" frequently.  

I used to weigh over 300 pounds, I weigh between 210 and 220 now, and today I ran 11 miles in perpetration for a half marathon.  This line in the book always stuck with me as a reminder that sometime stuff happens, I can react to it or make it react to me.  This photo is from the facebook page of the inkwell tattoo company in Painesville Ohio, shout out to Joel (who has done most of my other work), it was taken right after completion.  I don't have other photos handy, but I will try to post them later.  

I'm a big fan of Dr. Seuss. I really like that

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

hi all!

planning  to get a pair of wings on my back, a white rose (symbol of Yorkshire) on my left shoulder and the Regimental cap badge of the Parachute Regiment on my right shoulder (when I pass out) 

:)

• Like 1

Race: Nordic

Class: assassin/ranger

"in the pool of life, we are but paddlers"-  Me (yes, I made it up)

Strength: 82/100 Endurance:90/100 Dexterity: 95/100 Constitution: 60/100 Wisdom: 79/100 Charisma: 75/100 

Weight: 9st 4lbs

body composition: lightweight, sinewy, athletic, slim.

Trivia: not only a nerd, but also a Krav Maga practitioner and Viking metalhead!

fingerboarding: making 20 reps!

52%
52%

do 1.5 miles in under 9:30

29%
29%

I'm a big fan of Dr. Seuss. I really like that

Hey thanks!  I sent my guy Joel the page from the book, he came up with the design.  It will be a full sleeve eventually (upper arm is already done), trying to figure out what goes on the back portion.  

• Like 1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.

Runkeeper ID http://runkeeper.com...lloyd77/profile add me!

I have a lot of tattoos but I am not comfortable posting pics at my weight. I hope to feel comfortable doing so in about a year, if I can continue my fitness journey.

If any of you with big tattoos have lost 100+ lbs or lost 50+ and gained a lot of muscle, please post in my thread about your tattoo changes, or lack thereof:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44088-hey-former-fat-people-how-much-did-your-big-tattoos-change/

lebe frei - I have a chaos star in the middle of my back ^.^ I saw your avi and got a little excited. Edit: I've lost 30lbs and haven't seen big changes on my back tattoos, even though I can tell I've lost some weight there (I know, it isn't 50, but its a big change in my body shape). Also - my ankle tattoo looks fantastic and those have slimmed down as well.

OT - I've got 5 and in process of getting the 6th - it is fantastic and huge and I can't wait to show it off at the gym tonight - even half finished! and 6 holes in the ears, 1 in my nose, and am getting 2 more in October (dermals maybe? on my neck?) - it's hard not to go all out. Corporate America hasn't quite embraced the tattoo and pierced lifestyle...

Also - thanks for the inspo from the posters for me to stop lurking and start posting!

You guys have some really cool tattoos!

I've got two currently, 3rd planned for next month.
I have a twirly swirly design over my foot from my big toe to a few inches above my ankle bone. This was my first one and I love it.

tattoo.jpg

After I sat through that I went big after, this is my baby!

mytatto.jpg

I'm having another similarly themed piece on my other thigh to make them a pair.
A lady mournfully looking out to sea as a boat sets sail.

Very excited :)

• Like 3

Roller girl, weight lifter, cat lover.
"Wear panties on your head & hit your friends!"

Level One Warrior
+1 WIS +3 STR +2 STA +1 DEX +2 CON +1 CHA 

Challenge Time!

Current; 27/5 Laps

I rather enjoy piercings. I have two in each lobe (used to be three, but the last ones closed up and have to be redone), left helix (16g), left inner conch (12g) and my septum (14g).

I kinda want to get my third set of lobes redone (properly with a needle this time), as well as right inner conch done and I'm considering getting an industrial in my right ear.

I'm also considering stretching my septum a little since there are some really pretty pincers that only come as small as 12g, but I'm sort of a giant wuss about this.

I don't think I'm a tattoo person. I think they often look just fine on other people, but I don't think I have anything I'd want to get put on myself permanently.

• Like 2

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

I'm so excited that I ran into this thread!! I've taken out most of my peircings and have 5 tattoos. My most recent is an elephant on my right shoulder. It's all black and grey with shading and mandalas on the body. I'm not allowed to add all the colorful flowers to it until I hit another weight loss goal. I hope to see more people post their tattoo pictures. I need to get one of mine too!

• Like 1

Oh, wow, just caught up on all these!  Zombie, your twirly swirly design is super cool!

For me, I just got actual work, and set aside basically all of my second paycheck (paid bills with the first) and I have enough money for my tattoo!  Discussions with the artist have started and pics shall be posted when it's on me :D

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

I've been wanting to get inked for years, but held back until I knew what to get, where and why. I'm against tattooing just for the looks or trend and also against the idea that it can be removed later on. If it's not something you feel comfortable aging and getting buried with, don't do it at all.

Here's my first one, done exactly 3 years ago

IMG_20141005_222836.jpg

For those who don't recognize it, it's the symbol of torment from the videogame RPG Planescape:Torment. In this game, the main character wakes up in a morgue with amnesia and a body full of scars and tattoos. Very soon he realizes that he cannot die and with every "death", his memory fades. At one point, he visits a tattoo artist and asks him if he knows what this symbol on him stands for. The artist explains that it is the Symbol of Torment and among other things, drops the line "the flesh remembers when the mind has forgotten".

I was struck when I read that line, because I was in a terrible moment in my life, probably the worst I'd ever been. Immediately I knew I wanted to tattoo this symbol as a chestpiece, over my heart, so that the flesh will remember when my mind will have forgotten. It is a souvenir of the worst of times and extremely empowering when the going gets rough. I just take a look at it and think "Nope, never again. I'm not going down there again"

This is a crappy shot of my second one, on my right calf

IMG_20141005_222900.jpg

It's Death, from Terry Pratchet's "Discworld", specifically from the book "Soul Music". I love the series, period. Also, I was born and raised opposite the town's main graveyard. Had to cross it every day to go to primary school. Also, all my grandparents died between me being 5-12 years old, so yeah, I have a weird relationship with this guy...

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

oh gosh this thread makes me want new ink so bad. I've currently got 2 piercings in each ear lobe, an industrial, and I used to have 2 lip piercings on my lower right lip, but I've taken those out for now. I may get them re-pierced later. I also want a nose ring. and a snug and rook on my right ear (to balance my industrial on my left).

as for tattoos, I have the letter J on my ring finger, which will be getting removed asap.

I also have this on my foot, which has actually gained loads more meaning for me a year or so after I got it

wrcrgg.jpg

the symbol beside my phoenix is from my favorite book series (the mortal instruments) and means "Fearless". when I first got this done, it was to remind me of where I've come from, but now its more to remind me of where I'm going.

I also want about... 20? more tattoos. I've already designed them all and worked out the placements.

I'm getting:

- a rose and rose leaves on my right shoulder (not the blade on the back, or the side of the shoulder, but the actual joint area) for my grandfather who passed away five years ago.

- "I am and always be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams" in circular gallifreyan down my spine.

- a tattoo that combines all my different zodiac aspects (a dragon perched on scales that are wrapped in ivy with the libra constellation behind it)

- the autobot symbol on the back of my neck

- "we're all mad here" along my hairline behind my ear

- gears on my left thigh (that look like they're under the skin)

- a triskelion dragon above my right ankle

- and several other little odds and ends (mostly other quotes)

• Like 1

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo

Still having trouble uploading photos, but am getting my next tattoo after Christmas. Right thigh, 3 skulls, one looking forward, one looking left, one looking right, done in black and grey to represent my brothers and me. Would like it the size of a large dinner plate.

I really love some of the art that you guys are putting in here! Inspirational! :)

Wait! What............?