The Internet is a Scary Place

As a recovering underpants collector, I have two great fears in my life: lack of work and unlimited internet access. Work is really slow right now because I'm waiting for data but I'm still required to be at work all day. So I end up surfing the internet, reading articles, checking Fitocracy, and I inevitably stumble across this:

10 Foods That are Much Healthier Than You Think

What's the Best Way to Lose Fat? The key lies in *timing* your carb intake.

Eat Frequently to Stoke the Metabolic Fire

It Doesn't Matter When You Eat Food, As Long As You Meet Calorie/Macro Requirements

Plus many, many, many more and conflicting things like the last two statements as well.

How do y'all wade through all this nonsense? How do you tell whether something is really good advice or whether it's just marketing fluff?

And look at that, my data just came in...

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

These advice columns end up creating a jumbled puzzle of information that is horrifyingly difficult to piece together. You're better off reading 4chan's /fit/ sticky in my opinion, it's straightforward and much like a one stop source of general fitness information. I sometimes find myself re-reading it to review my fundamentals.

In all my years on the internets, not once have I ever seen this suggestion made.

Uh, I was talking about the site linked by the sticky. This one is actually good, it's how I discovered Nerd Fitness, strength training and Stronglifts.

I read this one the other day, and I must admit, it seems like a solid cross between the BB.com forum guidelines and the Nerd Fitness philosophies. Pretty decent mix actually, I was impressed, even more impressed once I started to actually read the conversations that occur on 4chan/fit...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses