Battle Update One: Jerem's +3 Shoes of Quickness

So, this is this week so far in review. 

Monday, I ate poorly and worked a ten hour shift. I felt like crap when I got home. Did research paleo and decided that 10 Feb I will begin a paleo-ish diet. I will cut out almost all grains with a "cheat" day on Sundays.

Tuesday- Ate a bit better, cut up and froze some veggies to make quick breakfasts without processed foods, went to my weightlifting class. Squatted 240 (machine squats, since the squat bars fill up quickly) three sets of twelve, 15 pound per hand dumbbell presses three sets of twelve, 90 pound flys which was 12-10-8, 40 pound upright rows three sets of twelve, and 15 pound per hand lateral raises 10-8-8. Walked a mile to my car

Wednesday- Slob day. Woke up late, ate badly, worked, came home, went for boneless wings.

Thursday- 15 minute walk with my wife, cereal bar for breakfast, a bad back/biceps/triceps day, and a mile walk home.

Friday- So far, no food, four cups of coffee, and a 10 minute walk with my wife.

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

The weekend was rough. I worked two twelve hour shifts, which was ok because I started a beginner's Paleo Monday morning when I woke up. On the way to work, all I could think about were waffles and hash browns, since I sell those at work. I powered through ten hours, made it without cheating, even explained some of the basics and basis of dropping grains and sweeteners to a coworker. She opted to start it without research or planning, but hopefully she goes back and looks it up.

The student center actually has some (very few) options for grain free eating, as well as some of the local restaurants. It makes it a little easier, especially since it's still delicious. Thursday is set up as a "cheat" day; I'm going to have a couple pieces of homemade pizza and a little rice with my steak stir fry. Nothing major, but a small indulgence. 

Injured my knee at work on Saturday, which kept getting aggravated the next couple of shifts, so I dumped 150 pounds off of my squats for Tuesday's workout and did calf raises instead of leg extensions. Hopefully I can be back in form next Tuesday for leg day.

List of what I'm starting with for Paleo: grains (all breads, rices, pastas,, flours, etc.), artificial sweeteners, and sodas.

This is for the first month or two, until I'm used to it and can handle more restriction. I will be giving myself up to once a week to "cheat." Cheats will be mild and scheduled for my longest scheduled day. 

Onward and Excelsior!

Jerem The Great

So, it's been awhile since I've updated my battle log. Here we go!

-No gains in regular push-ups yet, but I've worked on modified versions and my form, which is getting better.

-Dropped to 50 pounds on squats, but I'm doing them with a barbell instead of the pin machine or Smith machine. Working on keeping my form proper when doing these free squats and have taken to doing calf raises in between sets.

-Have not walked or jogged for speed much in two weeks, I will be rectifying this very soon. It just feels wrong.

-I have decided I'm changing the way I'm doing quests. I have a few full quests and some side or mini quests set up, all superhero based. For example, next 6 week challenge, my main quest is a Captain America quest in strength of thirty push-ups in a row, with a Tony Stark side quest of doing technical reading for two hours, with a mini- Tony Stark quest about working on my personal style.

-I've reached a point in my eating that too many grains make me almost sick, which is good in a way.

-Made some big gains in the gym for my arms and shoulders.

Jerem The Great