I *need* Caffeine!

ColoQ

I am a green tea addict. it has a lot of coffeine (and yes, I get headaches when I can't get my hands on green tea). And recently bulletproof coffee. 

So just go with it, as long as it's not energy drinks or coffee with syrup and plastic whipped cream :D

• Like 1

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

I am a green tea addict. it has a lot of coffeine (and yes, I get headaches when I can't get my hands on green tea). And recently bulletproof coffee. 

So just go with it, as long as it's not energy drinks or coffee with syrup and plastic whipped cream :D

That's pretty much my philosophy. I'm happy to drink my coffee and tea black though, so giving it up just seems silly when I enjoy it so much :P

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I do the Bulletproof coffee with grass-fed butter, MCT oil, a few drops of stevia with cocoa powder, vanilla or cinnamon to change up the flavor. Rich and delicious! I am alert and satisfied the whole day, no headache, no hunger pains.  I use this with the ultra-low carb diet (under 30g) I feel great and it is the easiest diet I have ever followed.  

I do bullet proof coffee as well with grass fed butter and extra virgin coconut oil.  Nothing else.  For more paleo, you could go with ghee instead of butter.  It keeps me going and helps me keep my energy levels up.  The coconut oil gives it a nice, subtle flavor.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Another Bulletproof Coffee fan here. I do mine with just organic pasture butter and mct/coconut oil.

I used to do a pot or two, tons of sugar and cream. Same deal, terrible headaches when I went without, to the point that I brought cokes(which I don't drink) on camping trips so I could have one at dinner and not wake up with a splitting headache.

Once I went bulletproof, no more headaches, "that 2:30 feeling" went away, and BP keeps me popping all day. Sometimes I'll do a tiny bit of BP coffee before workouts. Really amped up my game, especially climbing.

• Like 2

Level Zero Elven Assassin

Esto vir fortis!

Similar boat here. I've been doing a slow carb paleo for 5 months in "4 hour body" style and have lost 50 lbs. On compliant days I lose .2 to .6 lbs.

White monster drinks are my go to caffeine source. The artificial sweetener in it doesn't spike my insulin and I'm able to drink it every day and still get results. It depends how sensitive you are to artificial sweeteners, but it works great for me.

Best of luck,

Derek

After three months caffeine free and then going back to the coffee, I can't feel there was anything gained from not having it except for some "I don't need caffeine" brownie points. Didn't even sleep better.

Another fun way to have it: coffee jello (or as it's known as here, kohii zerii). Dissolve gelatin in black coffee, let it cool and set in the fridge. Serve with cream. Popular dessert in Japan. They usually sweeten the coffee, but I'm happy to skip that step.

• Like 4

Level 3 Tengu assassin

||  STR 6 || DEX 7 || STA 5 || CON 5.5 || WIS 5.5 || CHA 2  ||

The heart says, "Chocolate!"

After three months caffeine free and then going back to the coffee, I can't feel there was anything gained from not having it except for some "I don't need caffeine" brownie points. Didn't even sleep better.

Another fun way to have it: coffee jello (or as it's known as here, kohii zerii). Dissolve gelatin in black coffee, let it cool and set in the fridge. Serve with cream. Popular dessert in Japan. They usually sweeten the coffee, but I'm happy to skip that step.

You've just blown my mind. I'm trying this tomorrow! How much gelatin did you have to put in?

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

You've just blown my mind. I'm trying this tomorrow! How much gelatin did you have to put in?

Around 2-3 teaspoons of dry powder for a mug's worth of jello - though my methods aren't exactly consistent so you might find a better ratio. I soak the gelatin in a little cold water before dissolving it in.

• Like 2

Level 3 Tengu assassin

After three months caffeine free and then going back to the coffee, I can't feel there was anything gained from not having it except for some "I don't need caffeine" brownie points. Didn't even sleep better.Another fun way to have it: coffee jello (or as it's known as here, kohii zerii). Dissolve gelatin in black coffee, let it cool and set in the fridge. Serve with cream. Popular dessert in Japan. They usually sweeten the coffee, but I'm happy to skip that step.

Coffee shots! I am so there.

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

In refrigeration it loses a bit of flavor and any bitterness gets exaggerated, so it needs to be brewed carefully - strong but not bitter. Making sure not to draw too much from the beans is key.

Iced black coffee is popular in Asia, and they use a very dark roast, similar to espresso to make it. I've tried with those beans and it came out pretty well. Less caffeine than light roasts, to be sure, but it did taste good.

• Like 1

Level 3 Tengu assassin

Light coffee has the most caffeine.

So many times working as a barista I'd get all our customers come in and go "Make it nice and strong now love! Oh! And hot too!" And I wanted to sit them all down and explain this point and how bad over boiling milk is… But that wasn't what I got paid for. 

Coffee shots! I am so there.

*Cough* coffee liqueur *cough* :D

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

I've been fond of the darker roasts as the lighter ones typically taste like dirty water.

I've always likened the taste of light roast coffee with the water you get left after boiling potatoes in their skins... even some expensive ones have this property.

• Like 1

Level 3 Tengu assassin

Update on trying the espresso jello (haha! it rhymes!)

2v1SqIn.jpg

Buahahahahaha! I have created the Espresso-Jello-Chia-Pudding - a complete breakfast in one glass!

(Well, maybe not but shhh.)

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

So, how was it?

(My goodness, you've got a lot of containers :D)

Actually I could have put a bit more sweetness into the espresso, because it just tasted like cold espresso, but it has potential. I'll definitely be trying it again. 

Those jars are my apothecary...I mean, my coffee station. :D I got sick of all the containers not matching. 

Stonie

They/Them

Update on trying the espresso jello (haha! it rhymes!)

2v1SqIn.jpg

Buahahahahaha! I have created the Espresso-Jello-Chia-Pudding - a complete breakfast in one glass!

(Well, maybe not but shhh.)

/wipes drool off chin.  Man that looks good!

• Like 2

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

It's pretty decadent if you're eating it for breakfast, that's for sure! 

Stonie

They/Them