Is this a W00T? 6lbs in a week?

Unless you are abnormally short (i.e. have some sort of dwarfism going on), losing 6lbs in a week at 90lbs is not healthy. That's either already underweight or very close to it (if you're under 4'11").

You need to eat more to support your activity level. Exercising and building muscle are good things, losing weight is not healthy for you.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

How tall are you and how much are you eating?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I am 4' 10. Last week I weight 96lbs, and this week I weigh 90lbs (which is what I weighed throughout highschool). I eat around 1100 calories (give or take) though I admit that there have been some days where I just haven't been all that hungry.  Ironically enough, my goal was not really to lose weight as much as it was to tone what few parts are getting flabby.  Evidently I'm doing something wrong.

Per an article that Steve wrote recently, I may start adding oats into my Nutribullet shakes to help with the calorie count because there have been days where I've done nothing but drank these Nutriblasts (again, just didn't feel hungry). He says when he's trying to bulk up and maintain weight, he does that and it works fine for him.

Take a look at this calculator for the number of calories you should be aiming for. If you're 25 and moderately active (as an example), at your height and weight maintenance would be about 1620.

If you're having trouble getting enough calories, look for calorie dense things to add in to your diet - nuts being a prime example, or you could probably add avocado to your shakes. If all you are eating some days is those shakes, you also may not be getting anywhere near enough protein. Are the shakes filling you up too much, or are they something you can force yourself to eat when you don't feel hungry?

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

The shakes are definitely something I force myself to eat when I am not feeling hungry. I cannot say why, but there are just some days at work where I do not feel hungry.  I think part of my issue though is that I do not like steak - there I said it lol.  I know, I'm not human!  I think I just need to keep buying Rotisserie chickens and not bother with steaks since I'm not a fan.  

Wow... 1600 calories O.o !! I'm not sure how I'm going to do that.  I put almonds in my shakes every day but maybe I need something else? 

I may have to try the powders honestly.  According to these calculators, I need 530 calories per meal and I for the life of me cannot eat that much at each meal. I get full uber-easy, and if you add to that the fact that I do not like steak, this is just getting that much harder.  And since I have a specific schedule at my job, I can't eat a full blown meal every half hour to hour or so.

I'm going to go meditate in the Druid's Forest concerning this matter.

You can eat between meals as well if you find yourself getting full before reaching your calorie allotment. FYI, I also do not eat steak (or any beef or pork for that matter). Chicken, turkey, lamb, bison, duck, and fish = win!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

If you've lost that amount of weight be careful of where its coming from! You may be losing if from your lean mass (muscles, bone, connective tissue, organs).

If your eating a deficit of 3500 cals weight lose will invariably look like this depending on where your losing it from:

3500 cals = 1lb if lost from body weight

3500 cals = 1.7lb if lost from 50% body weight 50% lean mass

3500 cals = 5.8lb if lost from Lean Mass

Make sure your eating healthy. A high protein diet with resistance training will be more muscle sparing than a high carb diet.

Have look into it! A couple of great sources are Marks Daily Apple and also Bodt Recomposition.

Good luck and stay healthy dude.

Tennis Dude (aka Neil)

I may have to try the powders honestly.  According to these calculators, I need 530 calories per meal and I for the life of me cannot eat that much at each meal. I get full uber-easy, and if you add to that the fact that I do not like steak, this is just getting that much harder.  And since I have a specific schedule at my job, I can't eat a full blown meal every half hour to hour or so.

Out of curiosity, do you know roughly where your percentages are for your macros (for example, 60% Carbs, 20% Protein, and 20% Fat)?  Might be worth looking into that and trying to bump up the percentage of calories you intake from protein.  

Also, one thing that was never asked is did you do the weigh-in at the same time of the day?  I ask because water weight can fluctuate quite a bit.  For example, if you weighed in at 96 lbs an hour after dinner, then weighed yourself right away in the morning the follow week at 90, that might not be too much concern. 

I nearly fainted when you said 1100 calories per day.  I eat almost that much per meal.  Course, I'm also quite a bit taller and heavier than you too, so I'm sure that makes a difference. 

I'm new to the whole diet thing, but one thing I've learned here on NF (because it's said about 3 times per article) is to make small incremental changes.  Don't go from 350 calories per meal all the way to 530 if you can't do it.  Just go from 350 to, say, 390 or something.  Then next week go from 390 to 420, and so on and so forth.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

When you say that you're looking to tone, what do you mean? You probably have very low body fat already. If you mean you want to look like a fitness model, then your weight is going in the wrong direction. You want to GAIN weight, by adding muscle.

My wife was about 90 lbs when we started at the gym. She is 5'2. She basically had no muscle on her body, thanks to an upbringing of parents who didn't believe that it was safe to play outside. That avoidance of physical activity stuck with her until she met me, ironically, as I am a fat man and I got her moving. She was eating about 1200 calories. I worked her up to about 2000, and we hit the gym 5-6 times a week. 3 days of weights, 2 or 3 of cardio. She has gained 9 lbs of muscle so far and doesn't struggle to pick up a fat cat anymore (which definitely worried me). She looks better, has better curves and feels better.

Would you describe yourself as weak, or low in energy? 1100 calories might not be safe for you, and you may not be getting all the nutrients that you need, either. Have you talked to a doctor? I am not a hater of the thin, at all. I know some people are (I am thinking of the Biggest Loser thing all over the place lately) but I feel that thin people (and everyone) should hit the gym and get fit because it leads to a lot of life long benefits.

Finally, you say that you can't imagine eating more. It sounds like you are only doing cardio, and I bet that you're burning off muscle with such low calories. The reason you don't want more food is that your body isn't demanding more. Make it demand more. Go to the gym and LIFT. You'll be hungrier after that, because you will need the nutrients to fuel muscle growth.