Belated Introduction

So I've lurked and even posted on these forums for a while without doing a proper introduction. 

I'm a 30 year old male from Australia. I'm not new to exercise but I'm looking to make it more of a priority. I'm currently sitting around 82kg and 20% BF at 180cm, my first priority is to trim down before building strength.

My plan is to start running again (I was running about 30kms a week at my peak) using the C25K and 10K programs, as well as weight training 3x per week. I've recently completed 6 weeks of personal training which was great for motivation, however a lot of it was machine or iso exercises and trying to do as much volume as possible without focusing on form. What it did teach me was that I can work out every day without killing myself :)

I've previously followed a program based around the major lifts which I'm thinking of doing again, this was: 

Day A

Squat 3x5

Bench 3x5

Seated cable row 3x5

Day B

Deadlift 3x5

OHP 3x5

Lat pulldown / neg pull ups 3x5

Alternating this with running, I should be doing 6 days of exercise a week. I've never been taught proper power cleans so I'm a little wary of doing SS verbatim, but open for suggestions on my training plan.

Diet is my biggest problem; I work for a company that provides free ice cream, coke and chocolate. I'm also lactose intolerant so that confuses things a little. I'm planning to cut down on breads and grains as much as possible while hopefully avoiding the sugar rush.

What I'm hoping I get from this site is help with programming and training as well as accountability. I'll create a post with my goals and diary entries when I figure out what guild I want to join - so far looks like the Rangers ;)

Actually, looks like the practical programming plan could be better:

Monday

3x5 Squat

3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)

Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday

3x5 Squat

3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)

1x5 Deadlift

Friday

3x5 Squat

3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)

Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

I'd be concerned about squatting three times a week and running though.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, Scorpio!

If you want second opinions about your training program, I suggest you head over to the training forums. You can find them easily by scrolling down the main page. :)

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion fellow scorpio! I would add, be cautious about trying to do it all at once, gradual changes that you can stick with and add to are best

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda