• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AlexCold

AlexCold's EPIC Protein FRITTATA!

OK this is for anyone looking to get a nice high protein breakfast that can be pre-made and eaten throughout the week. 

AlexCold's EPIC Protein FRITTATA!

Ingredients:

100% Liquid Egg Whites - 32 oz

Bacon - Whatever you like. I used the Simple Truth Uncured Bacon 

Veg - Whatever you want. It can almost be anything. I used:

mushrooms, white button - 100g

broccoli - 172g

roma tomato - 192g

jalapeno - 50g

red onion - 79g

spinach - 100g

Salt / Pepper/ Spice to taste.

Instructions; 

Chop up your veg. I just hand shred the spinach....cuz I'm a beast!

20140209_141906_zpsaf119a47.jpg

Chop and cook your bacon. Try very hard not to eat the bacon......ok have a piece. Or two. Stop it.

20140209_144305_zps8fef5398.jpg

Put it in a 9"x13" dish that has been greased with bacon fat. EPIC!

20140209_145642_zps0fa90654.jpg

Put it in the oven for 35 min at 350F. It will still be shaky on top. Do not panic (where's your towel). Put the broiler on HI and cook for another 5-10 minutes. You'll smell the slightly burning veg. It will look like this.

20140209_154006_zps47d56f28.jpg

Cut into how many ever slices you like. I do six. 

That comes out to 244 kcal / PRO 38g / CHO 6g / FAT 6g. 

Now! You can use whole eggs. Personally it tastes way better cuz of the fat. It's about double the calories and obviously more delicious golden fat. Substitute the egg whites for 20 whole large eggs. 

ENJOY!!

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this,this is very similar to one of my favourite recipes. Add in some chorizo to add some more flavour. Or substitute all the meat for smoked salmon... mmm...

Cheers

Stub

This looks awesome! I've been looking for something I can cook in bulk on Sundays to feed me and my husband breakfast for the week - not sure he would like it but I could always make a smaller one for myself. 

Bonus - I have everything but the jalapeno at home already :)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this,this is very similar to one of my favourite recipes. Add in some chorizo to add some more flavour. Or substitute all the meat for smoked salmon... mmm...

Cheers

Stub

Might try that, love me some chorizo!

This looks awesome! I've been looking for something I can cook in bulk on Sundays to feed me and my husband breakfast for the week - not sure he would like it but I could always make a smaller one for myself. 

Bonus - I have everything but the jalapeno at home already :)

It's awesome! You don't really need the jalapeno, so no excuses! I like to put hot sauce or sriracha on it as well. As I mention in the post, egg whites are super flavorless so if that's an issue season well and add a few whole eggs for the yolky goodness!

Made this last night - so good! How much bacon did you use? I made half the recipe and threw in 5 pieces of bacon (and skipped the mushrooms for more spinach), just curious. 

Made this last night - so good! How much bacon did you use? I made half the recipe and threw in 5 pieces of bacon (and skipped the mushrooms for more spinach), just curious. 

Awesome! Glad you liked it. That time I was using thin cut, so probably 6-8 strips. Normally with a thick cut bacon I'll do 4-6 strips. 

More spinach is always good.