Catspaw visits Austin in April

catspaw

I'm in Pflugerville (Northeast Austin, but not the badder east part, that's south of me), and Theanne is in North Austin right by the Domain (which is near the Google office).

I'm content driving wherever is necessary. *shrug*

Me too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To Dallas? To pick me and smftexas up?

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Please. I was just in Dallas today and neither of you brought me BBQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you didn't leave the airport, so it don't count as you having been here. 

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Airbnb acquired.  Downtown right next to the Whole Foods on W 3rd St.

Seems to have couch-space for anyone who needs a spot to crash.  Rooftop pool and deck.

There may be blanket forts happening.  I can neither confirm nor deny this rumour.

• Like 2

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Show up around 10Am & get in line if you want to eat. The line often goes around the block, and they sell out early.

that's why I don't go to Franklin's, when I want good barbecue I head to Salt Lick (it helps that I live 5 minutes from the Round Rock one) their stuff is damn good too, and you don't have the whole "I have to sit in line for 3 hours and might not get any" thing going on, but I must admit if you have the time, and don't mind possible disappointment, Franklin's is probably the best, but you should think about Salt Lick for a back up

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

that's why I don't go to Franklin's, when I want good barbecue I head to Salt Lick (it helps that I live 5 minutes from the Round Rock one) their stuff is damn good too, and you don't have the whole "I have to sit in line for 3 hours and might not get any" thing going on, but I must admit if you have the time, and don't mind possible disappointment, Franklin's is probably the best, but you should think about Salt Lick for a back up

Salt Lick is a good back up. I've sat in line once with nightlight and I gotta say Franklins is heavenly. But yeah, it's a looooooong wait. At least they sell beer though :) 

If you are up for a drive there is always Lockhart for either Black's BBQ or Kreuz BBQ. nomnomnom

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Yeah, to gym visits!  Your gym looks badass.  Maybe I'll see if I can convince bigm to drive sandy and sandrina with him for me to steal for a ruck around austin too -- assuming that Austin doesn't go from "nice and warm" to "wuuuuut the fuck hot" over the next month.  (Or even still.  I guess that's what pre-dawn and evenings are for.)

As for official "meets" and the like, I'm up for anything.  What're folks' schedules like?  When do we wanna do nerdster?

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Since I have to post something constructive: 

1) I believe we are holding Nerdster at Chammy's house. Because she wants to play hostess to nerds :) So Sunday? 

2) I can bring Sandy and Sandrina.

3) As for Austin rucks I am taking you on the Greenbelt. It's effing gorgeous in April. The nearest entrance to you is at Zilker park which is 1.5 miles from your hotel. The trail is about 8miles long. So we can walk the whole thing, admire the scenery and the climbers, and then Uber it back to get ready for the day. 

4) As for gymming. I will be needing to lift with spezzy because I haven't ever met up with her and not lifted. I would feel weird if I didn't. Plus Hyde Park is cool.

5) I will probably be coming down late Friday after work. So figure out where/when I can meet you all. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, for the Greenbelt, cab it to the end of the trail and walk back to your hotel. That way we can stop at Barton Springs pool for sun lounging and toe dipping into cold water. 

that gym looks pretty sweet!

I'll be headin down that way Friday morning after lifting. I do need to do a ruck that weekend, would be cool if i could tag along. (you named your packs?)

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Since I have to post something constructive: 

1) I believe we are holding Nerdster at Chammy's house. Because she wants to play hostess to nerds :) So Sunday? 

2) I can bring Sandy and Sandrina.

3) As for Austin rucks I am taking you on the Greenbelt. It's effing gorgeous in April. The nearest entrance to you is at Zilker park which is 1.5 miles from your hotel. The trail is about 8miles long. So we can walk the whole thing, admire the scenery and the climbers, and then Uber it back to get ready for the day. 

4) As for gymming. I will be needing to lift with spezzy because I haven't ever met up with her and not lifted. I would feel weird if I didn't. Plus Hyde Park is cool.

5) I will probably be coming down late Friday after work. So figure out where/when I can meet you all. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, for the Greenbelt, cab it to the end of the trail and walk back to your hotel. That way we can stop at Barton Springs pool for sun lounging and toe dipping into cold water. 

I vote official meetup + separate nerdster with people I've already met. I don't know how Jon is going to feel about having people I haven't met before show up at our house. It shall be discussed.

• Like 1

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

I vote official meetup + separate nerdster with people I've already met. I don't know how Jon is going to feel about having people I haven't met before show up at our house. It shall be discussed.

Pssh it works out fine :D 

In seriousness, totes understand.

Why am i just now seeing this????.....totally interested.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73