Assassin's Creed XXVIII: Start Anew

I'm pretty sure that if Ubisoft keeps releasing new AC games on annual basis, at some point we are bound to end up with a female protagonist. And, because you never know with these amazing bastards, they may as well call it Start Anew. The protagonist will be called simply Anna, or Igi; she will be a bookworm, a young (eighteen years old - hence the number of the game!) woman equipped with pretty well-rounded education, but also with lack of interest towards her body. She will be ambitious, stubborn, lively and eager to plummet headfirst into any adventure, whether delievering a speech at a Youth Parliament or waterskiing. And she will have dreams beyond her reach, beautiful, vivid, colourful dreams that won't let her sleep peacefully, dreams of seeing more, climbing higher, running faster - feeling more than humanly possible.

And then she'll discover the Assassin's Path.

So yeah, are you ready to start? The story is not about being perfect from the beginning - like you start with Ezio. Or Altair. I don't have a lifetime of training behind me, I never even tried parkour or climbing. But I will. I will.

One step at a time.

STARTING DATE: 14.02.2014 (look, what a fine combination!)

My goal until 24.02.2014:  stay with NF community, continue research on the best types of exercises for beginners, think about how I want to start eating healthy - realistically, not with some major changes at the beginning.

On 24th February I'm planning to enroll into 6 Weeks Challenge under the banner of, obviously, Assassins.

Exercise routine until 24.02.3014:

on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays - Beginner's Bodyweigh Workout with Beginner's Stretching

on the rest of the weekdays: Interval Training

Side quest:

- learn about parkour some more

- limit the amount of time spent in front of the screen

- take my medicines

Motivation:

If you only have a second of time... Just take a look. Read it. Please, I guarrantee you won't be disappointed.

William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,     

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,  

I thank whatever gods may be  

For my unconquerable soul.  

In the fell clutch of circumstance          

I have not winced nor cried aloud.  

Under the bludgeonings of chance     

My head is bloody, but unbowed.     

Beyond this place of wrath and tears    

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years    

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:  

I am the captain of my soul.

• Like 2

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Words have power.

Second Challenge Rebel (Assassin)
Current Challenge: Assassin's Quest - Igi's Journey II

[Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 ]

Today was a good day. The Beginner's Workout done three times! Meaning:

Warmup

3x (20 body weight squats

10 push ups

20 walking lunges

10 dumbbell rows

60 second plank - I'm especially proud of this one! In the routine it's only 15 second, yet I managed to do three times a full minute. Yay!

30 Jumping Jacks [sOMUCHFUN] )

Then stretching.

This took me about 1,5h - a little too much, I think, but will try to do it quicker next time. My meals today were devastating, though: one banana at 1PM as my first meal, then a sausage around 3PM. So much for a proper diet. Will have to work on it...

Will upload a photo to the first post soon.

So, uh, what do you think?

Yay, welcome! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

With my mother returned from the hospital, I had hoped to be relieved from some of my mistress-of-the-household duties, but it seems that I overestimated her health - she is still very weak, and I'm afraid if she will be able to take care of herself, nevermind the house, when I leave for dorm. It's not surprising though - she had a major operation not so long ago and although her state is improving steadily, it takes time. So, most of my day has been spent on taking care of the house and entertaining guests; now I'm going to do Interval Training.

I feel good, warm, and excited. This is partially connected with the fact that the spring is finally coming... and that I seem to finally have found my Mentor. I'm incredibly happy about it; the thought of not being alone in this part of my life, the thought of following the path of someone I admire, fills me with rare joy. I am aware that these feelings will subside and the dull shadow of everyday life will soon swallow my enthusiasm, but it's only the better reason to allow myself be so innocently, carelessly happy. It's been too long since I last felt so light.

Tomorrow I will be returning to my usual life in the city; my winter holidays end on Sunday and I will be expected to plunge headfirst into final exams preparations: Polish Literature and Language, English Language, Mathematics and German. The score I'll get will determine whether or not I will be studying at Oxford next year, so I am really motivated to study as hard as I can. I only hope that throughout this time I will not once forget about NF and my dream about becoming a true Assassin.

As far as my side quests go:

- Took my medicines,

- Spent about 1h on the computer so far,

- Haven't read anything about parkour, but I did ask my Mentor about it. I'm currently waiting for his answer.

So yeah! So far so good. Perfect side quest fulfillment... now all I need to do is the Interval Training.

Off to my routine, then. I'll update here with the results and - most probably - some of my musings about the Creed.

later that day

I have just completed Interval Training for the first time and I'm swimming in sweat yet again, but the site says that's a good thing. I also feel surprisingly fine with it. I have a sneaking feeling that this endorphine boost is my body's way of telling me 'thank you for doing something with me at last, now please continue'. Who am I to say no to my own body?

The Journey Towards the Creed, part I

I have always been a fan of cognitive sciences. From early childhood, I have been haunted by an undescribable feeling that made me feel odd, strange and detached from reality; I never could describe or explain it when I was little, but I was always able to recall it at any moment. Without proper words to define my feeling of strageness, I was only at mercy of my instincts, thinking in natural code of feelings and sensations. Needless to say, I could never get people to understand me - which only further increased my feeling of strangeness.

When I was a little older - I can't really pinpoint the moment - I learnt to think in words instead of emotions and feelings, and was finally able to describe this haunting notion of strangeness. It was a nagging feeling that I don't belong here, this is not my home, not my people, not my world. I need to get back to where I belong, because I miss it with my every fibre of being.

I think it was the moment when I tried to explain it to somebody that I realised that our ways of perceiving reality are vastly different - and may never result in understanding.

to be continued

• Like 1

I think it was the moment when I tried to explain it to somebody that I realised that our ways of perceiving reality are vastly different - and may never result in understanding.

I feel this way often...my middle son is one of the few who actually does understand, which is amazing and scary at times...great job on the goals and plan!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

After enduring five hours in the bus behind a ridiculously loud-speaking old man, I finally found myself in my dorm again. It took me some time to brush things off a bit, because I haven't been here for two weeks, but I'm finished now and it feels surprisingly good to be on my own again. I'm a little worried about my mother back home, but I left her in good hands - my father and brother promised to take care of her. As for myself, I continue feeling good and at ease, with all the energy that comes from working out on a regular basis.

I also met up with my friend yesterday - we hadn't seen each other in quite a long time, so we chatted over wine probably way longer than it's considered proper. Her first comment upon seeing me was: "God, haven't you lost weigh." Made my day!

I still have some things to do today, including catching up with my dorm buddies, but I already managed to fulfill today's plan. Therefore, a little list:

Warmup

3x (20 body weight squats

10 push ups

20 walking lunges

10 dumbbell rows + free weighs triceps training (I felt I'm neglecting my arms, so I added this little exercise for each hand. 10 reps of holding 1kg weigh in stretched arms and then flexing them. I probably suck at exercise descriptions, too.)

60 second plank - kept my impressive score from last time. It was prefectly easy at the first time, but almost killed me at the third. Need to work on my endurance.

30 Jumping Jacks)

Then stretching.

Side quests display:

- Took my medicines,

- Spent a little too much on the computer today, I admit... but a girl's gotta do something during these 5 hours of bus ride! Next time I'll bring a book.

- My Mentor showed me a little about beginner's guide to parkour and I'm currenly going through it. As soon as the spring comes and I'm in a slightly better shape, I'll try to learn safety roll.

Additionally: I've found a climbing site near the place I live and I think I'll go there - this week, if I can manage, or the next. I've never climbed before in my life, but hey, isn't that what makes life thrilling? Also, it's the closest thing to the Assassin business I've ever done. SO COOL.

The Journey Towards the Creed, part II

Can we understand each other at all? Supposing a thought is a string of words, which we can then voice, it should be fairly easy to communicate via common language. Yet what is language if not a set of sounds, whom we gave conventional meaning? What if the meaning we give this sound is slightly different in other person's mind, associated with different emotion, sensation, image? How words - any words - can convey objective message when they are perceived by a mind thinking differently?

Say: love. Or say: chair. The images you have in mind when you say the word are not conveyed in the vowels sliding off your tongue. You cannot say: chair and include the sensation of hard wood or soft pillows, your dinner table or your working desk... You cannot share this notion with your interlocutor. Not because there are no words to describe it, but because if there was a word, you would be the only one to understand it.

Cavemen used to yell one word when they brought home some game, and other when they did not. It was enough to communicate - to say what they wanted to say in oder to get a desired action from the other party. Is the language - any language - just a sophisticated version of these awkward cries?

Absolutely no time to write. Maths, German, sushi meetup with a friend, and something ultra cool instead of today's training: I'VE TRIED PARKOUR FOR THE FIRST TIME! My hands hurt as hell, but it was worth it. SO UPLIFTING. (Yeah, quite literally too.) Everybody around me seems surprised that I have such shining good mood. As for myself, I feel perfect.

• Like 1

I'm slowly starting to regain my balance. I still have billions of things needed to be done AT INSTANT, but at least I completed all my task list yesterday and managed not to be late at anything. And this is quite a feat in my book. Today I spent two hours revising German, another two learning the schematics of my Literature exams and yet another two getting to know the history and structures of the European Union. Fill this up with chatting and learning and racing all over the city... and you basically have my day until 5.30PM. Then I started my slightly expanded Beginner's Bodyweigh Workout.

Warmup

3x (30 body weight squats (YES! I'm getting better at this!)

20 wall push ups

20 walking lunges

10 dumbbell rows + free weighs triceps training

60 second plank

30 Jumping Jacks)

Then stretching.

The whole thing was completed in about 40min - this is more than two times less than the first try! I'm happy about that, as I am with the fact that I've done 90 squats today and I feel perfectly fine. PROGRESS, that's what I call it!

I was told "I love you" yesterday. It was not a romantic "I love you", nether anything connected with eroticism - one straight female to another. It was my friend's eighteenth birthday. She and I have some history since I offered her my hesitant friendship two years ago, and I know she always looks up to me; she's a very shy, troubled, self-conscious person who never appreciates her many talents. As I gave her the present, she hugged me and said with a strangled voice:

"I love you, you know? You're the reason I still have faith in people. You've been through so much, and yet you still have the strength to make your life so beautiful."

I didn't know what to say. So I just hugged her back and didn't let go.

It's... so strange to hear such words. But it's also good to be loved.

good luck fellow compatriot in your journey to become female version of Desmond Miles aka Altair :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

I decided to take a day off today, because apparently running around in a thin hoodie in the middle of February isn't a spectacular act of reason and I caught a cold. xD instead, I took a walk to the Old Town and wandered there for some time, trying to visualise climbings routes as my Mentor had advised me to. I also managed to fetch myself a couple of things I needed, including a frame for my Cambridge language certificate, so I suppose it was a pretty fulfilling day (I had been thinking about getting this frame for ages). Sadly, my mood dropped a little in comparison to yesterday, because it was mostly cloudy and raining today, but I fixed that with some inspirational pirate music :D Now I think I'll take some time thinking about the upcoming 6 Weeks Challenge. I still don't have any specified Main Quest... I see myself there, and I can imagine the final result, but it's kinda hard to find the balance between this Grand Life Goal and everyday's objectives. I think I have to take my time.

Saw my old love today. I don't feel this gut-wrenching agony anymore, but I would be happier if I could just move on without seeing him as a constant reminder of how much I have sacrificed for how little.

Hey, Igi, my assassin-y friend! Sorry you aren't feeling well. Drink lots of tea and make sure you get your full nights of rest. 

As for your goals, what kind of things are you considering for your main quest? We love to serve as a sounding board to bounce ideas off of! :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Thank you, all kind people that replied to my posts here! =) I really appreciate it. Raptron, there's no such thing as 'too much tea' :D, but there's not really a chance of getting good nights sleep for now... TOO MANY THINGS TO STUDY DAMMIT. 

As for my goal, I was thinking about something humble, along the lines of 'doing a pushup' or 'doing a pullup'. I'm also very determined to go to the climbing site nearby - see, my goal is to become a real Assassin and I hope to achieve that in the long run by combining climbing, running, parkour and bodyweight workout. But I'm really a beginner, I only started working out three weeks ago, and I know that I have to think small at first... I'm just not sure what can be my in-between goal, because the objectives I set myself seem either too little or too grand.

Okay, with thaaat information, let's see. How about something like... 

• Goal 1: Follow a push-up progression program and perform a bodyweight exercise program 3x a week.
  • Goal 2: Stretch 3x a week, before/after the bodyweight exercise program
  • Goal 3: Visit the climbing site nearby at least once (or however many times you want to go in 6 weeks

Your Main Goal can still be getting into parkour in the near future, because these are all steps that work toward that. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

That makes sense. A lot. Thank you =) (dammit, now I'm a little embarrassed that I had been struggling with my objectives for at least a few days and you neatly wrote everything out in a quarter. xD) and what about these side missions, life quests etc.? How I do I choose them?

I was ill today. Didn't stop me.

Warmup

3x (30 body weight squats

20 wall push ups

20 walking lunges

75 second plank (I'M DA BOSS)

30 Jumping Jacks)

No stretching today, I practised my rolls after the workout and then completely forgot about it. Came out better than I expected, but still pretty pathetic compared to what I'll have to do for parkour.

Also. I FOUGHT TODAY. WITH FISTS. With my big muscular friend who is also an AC nut and happens to know how to do these moves.

Allright, sometimes it was more dancing than fighting per se, since he's a real gentleman and wouldn't hit a lady (too hard), but still. I'm sore. BUT SO HAPPY.

That makes sense. A lot. Thank you =) (dammit, now I'm a little embarrassed that I had been struggling with my objectives for at least a few days and you neatly wrote everything out in a quarter. xD) and what about these side missions, life quests etc.? How I do I choose them?

Side missions are something that are introduced once you've completed your first challenge. They're written up by the guild leaders of each guild and are completely optional. As for life quests, they're just something that usually isn't fitness or diet related that you want to change -- wake up earlier, keep your desk clean, making sure you complete assignments before they're due, spending more time with friends -- and are completely up to you! 

The forum for people completing their first challenge is located: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/340-level-1-rebels/

More instructions are here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/

Look forward to seeing your challenge once you've posted it! And glad you found a sparring partner. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

Being a journalist at an EYP weekend session in my city, I did not really have the time to do anything workout-connected today, but I did have some time to spend actively :D I was married thrice today. And did all sorts of silly and possibly naughty things. So many things to write about and so little time!

Only one circuit of Beginner's BW Training, done on the dusty floor of EYP OrgaRoom. The whole day spend in a rush, running, yelling at people, dragging boxes from one place to another and then back again... Went to see a play in a theatre in the evening. Also I did create my personal 6 Weeks Challenge! I'm sorry, I can't spend any second more in front of the screen, my eyes are dying.

Yesterday, after publishing the post, I managed to do the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout once again, pushing my boundaries even further after the demanding day:

Warmup

3x (30 body weight squats

20 wall push ups

20 walking lunges

90 second plank (Look at this. JUST LOOK AND TELL ME I'M AWESOME. *.*)

30 Jumping Jacks)

Stretching.

Today I sparred with my friend again... It was exhausting and frustrating, he's still able to one-handedly restrain me with hardly any effort. It had also made my mind a hot mess. I contacted my Mentor for advice.

The first day of the challenge... AND I ALMOST MANAGED A FULL PUSHUP. Life is amazing. And so is sushi. Yes, Sushi Monday again. Didn't take my medications... but I am going to. That reminds me, I also have to order some of the pills online as I'm slowly running out of them. Better write it here so it's less likely I forget. Aaaaand I'm having my hair done it on Wendesday, I thought it'd be a climbing lesson, but my vanity took over. :D I haven't been at hairdresser's since what feels like forever.

Warmup

3x (30-35-35 body weight squats

20 wall push ups (and variations)

40 walking lunges

20 dumbbell rows + free weighs triceps training

105 second plank (TFRCBHUKML CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! I CANNOT)

30 Jumping Jacks)

Stretching.

It's barely the same workour anymore, I can't believe how much I've developed <3 today I felt my biceps for the first time. Like, I touched it and felt the muscle flexing there. MY GOD THIS IS SO AMAZING.

AND MY PLANK TIME. CAN WE ALL JUST TAKE A MOMENT AND STARE IN AWE AT MY PLANK TIME.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I'm dying.

• Like 1

AND MY PLANK TIME. CAN WE ALL JUST TAKE A MOMENT AND STARE IN AWE AT MY PLANK TIME.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I'm dying.

aRQexdM_460sa.gif

Great progress on your plank time! Keep it going! But don't overdo it, the abs are same as every muscle and need some rest too ;)

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Thanks, Maenumania! AND THIS GIF. OHMYGOD THIS GIF WAS THE ONLY THING THAT COULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MY GREAT DAY EVEN BETTER. <3 Supernatural! Yay for the Winchester boys and their muscular chests! And their ingenious facial expressions.

Today the weather was just so beautiful, so I rang my friend and told her: "Dorm. Five minutes." And she was there, and we went for an amazing jogging and parkour session. Climbing trees, vaulting over benches, jumping and rolling... and all this with wild singing and chatting and laughter. I can't believe spring's finally here. I think I've forgotten how to feel such immense happiness.

The world is so beautiful when you sprint through it with your trusted friend at your side, under the clear sky, against the fresh wind. So bright. So promising. And you're able to take everything it offers, and never back down!

• Like 1