Challenge wrap up thread!

ApfelStrudi

Hey assassins!

In order to get our statistics right and make the robot happy, please give us a quick wrap-up of your challenge :)

[NEW]

To be eligible for the challenge Most wanted Assassin list and to make our work easier, because we love data and stats and I know you do too, please fill up this challenge wrap-up form for us.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1szgyHJNfrdtRWfCwCMKbC5Q3IiGziI_enFGsBzNRfo0/viewform

Your robot mistress assassin will personally check the names registered and will pursue with her whips until you submit it.

[/NEW]

Of course, as usual, you can put your wrap-up post here, for everyone to see. It doesn't have to be long, can be copypasted from your actual thread or can be a short one with a link!

Thank you muchly! 

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

The bare bone and numbers are here.

Overall, I have to say that I'm almost surprised I finished this one. Life in general took a major downturn about halfway through due to a number of factors. Still, I got through (in a large part thanks to the folks here) and I'm looking forward to my next challenge as an assassin.

Going to go fill out that form now :)

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

END OF CHALLENGE REPORT

tumblr_m6mwmhPJuU1r1069oo1_500.gif

MAIN GOAL

Day-to-Day: Be as proficient as possible with the time I am allotted in a day. Do not waste time on not getting better or accomplishing.

• I think that I was pretty proficient with my time. I had relaxation time, but I've come to realize that the down time is just as important as the productitude time. I think in the future I want to record what I do day-to-day to get a better understanding of where my time is going.

Challenge: Lose 5 lbs.

• I checked this morning and I am down to 179 lbs and that is without a lot of exercise. I'll have to go back and look at where I was before this challenge, but I'm pretty sure that I've dropped 5 lbs. since the beginning of the Holidays. So w00t to that. I noticed that I lost some bulk around my upper torso (fact: I am 70% torso) and my jeans are getting very loose. All good things.

Year 2014: There is a better, leaner, smarter, wiser me at the end of this year.

• I'm a better me than I was at the beginning of January. I'm totally back into the groove with design/art. I'm reading books. I've learned new things about my diet. I just feel like I started off the year with a good head of steam in the right direction(s). w00t again.

FITNESS

Walking 4 hours per week (5 STA)

tumblr_inline_n0wh8w370K1rt6qr4.gif

20 push-ups in a row

tumblr_m6tyrwrLqD1qjs7ito3_250.gif

Stretching

tumblr_mzeitjPIYm1r1avjko1_250.gif

DIET

100% Paleo (5 CON)

I'm going to count this as win. There were only a couple of non-paleo things that I had, because of weather and lack of any other options. Reading the Primal Blueprint has given me ideas of how to make my diet a little bit stricter and help me lose the last of this belly jelly.

LIFE

Releasing my inner Alfred (WIS 3, CHA 2)

tumblr_inline_n04ov6SdT11qmzcw5.gif

Another win. The house isn't completely perfect since our entire basement is in our living room due to flooding, but I've been able to keep the dishes to a minimum, I fed the hungry badger every night, vacuuming was accomplished, a clawffice was excavated, and cleaning stress was to a minimum.

Drawing

This has been great. I've only missed a few days due to travel and other craziness (see flooding) and I think I'm going to modify this to be just any art, not just sketching, because I do a lot of my work on the computer now. Since I am one that has chosen a career in trying to be artistic this is probably the best and most rewarding challenge I had put in front of myself. Must continue on this path.

Also, I won that logo contest I entered and won $120 for my design. YAY! Hopefully more of this to follow.

Savings

My bank account and savings account are pretty healthy, even with all of the car repairs that happened this challenge. I'm very excited about this.

Which also means I can afford my reward of a wacom tablet  :)

Here I was feeling like this challenge was another fail, because I really didn't follow through on exercise. Now looking back I realize that I was accomplishing a lot! Still on the fence about participating in the next 6-week challenge. Either way I will continue on my path to card carrying super-hero status.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I've had a great time with this challenge. I'm down 9.6 lbs. I lost an inch on my waist. I'll update my step totals tomorrow. I've tracked my food for 47 days, and I have 6 boxes ready for donation. I have an entire hoop routine choreographed and have two different songs it will work with. Overall I'd say I earned my A.

Here's my main challenge link. I will move to the assassins full time next challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42163-teddiebares-fiery-road-to-awesome/

Update: I walked roughly 151 miles during this challenge.

• Like 1

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Overall, a pretty good challenge for me.  There was some procrastination in my workouts, but I was able to make them up for the most part.  Did well with my diet, successfully completing a Whole30 and staying fairly clean afterward as well.  My training is definitely making me stronger and more flexible - lots of progress in my flexy assessments, yay!  I've been studying Japanese, which has definitely been going well, and I'll be well prepared for my trip to Japan in March.  Finally, I've been helping my husband with driving practice, and he's definitely getting more confident and comfortable behind the wheel.  Overall, I'd give myself an A- for this challenge.  Would've been an A if I didn't procrastinate so much.  Definitely happy with my progress and excited for the next challenge!

Here's the link to my challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41987-the-stars-are-in-reach/

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

Cut and paste, minus the batman story:

Goal #1: Ninja Leanness Training Regimen:

1)      Week 1 30 grams net carbs/week 2 35-45 /week 3-6 40-60

Did great at this,Few days over by a bit, not much, not counting this Saturday which was our anniversary, chocolate cream pie(non diary and gluten free!) grade=A

2)       Journal at end of day and how I feel (hungry full energetic…)

Not so good, I forgot this one most the time grade = C

3)      Once a week measure and record : weight, blood pressure, waist

Great, only lost 2 pounds and half an inch, but clothes fit better grade= A

Points= 5 CON. 

Overall Grade = B  CON 4 pts

Goal #2 Patience and Agility:

A  Ninja understands that invisibility is a matter of patience and agility.

1)Deadhang: be able to hold a deadhang for 30 seconds consistently with effort level of 6

Done grade= A

2)Handstand: be able to hold a wall handstand for 60 seconds consistently with effort level of 6

I can hit 60 seconds, usually about 50 -55 seconds. Easier than before, but still hard grade = B

3 STR

Goal #3: Mind Your Surroundings

1)      Mind Surroundings: Focus on workout:

Do my workout quickly and with focus, no web surfing during entire workout.

Points = 4 WIS

With only a couple bad days, I think I did great here.

Grade A points awarded 4 WIS

Life Goal: Theatricality and Deception are powerful agents:

play Portal and plan trip to Disneyworld done. Despite having to battle ice zombies even to get to the game  :) Grade A  2 CHA

Also participated in challenges:

I can't remember which ones; being helpful, and um something else too, trying to do the Pvp mobility squat, but have only done so-so on that (insert whining about fire ants here)

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Supporting Goal #1: Practice my morning routine every day, with Sunday as an optional "no thanks" day.  35/42 (83%)

• Morning routine is: wake up, take Bree for 10 - 30 minute walk, play session when we get home followed by mini-workout session w/ warmup & cool-down, make breakfast/lunch and prep for day, spend 10+ minutes in relaxation or meditation/prayer/reflection.
  • Starting week 2 of the challenge, add 5 minute training session with Bree after breakfast/prep for day and before meditation
  • Starting week 4 of the challenge: ban computer-use before work, church and/or 10am, whichever comes first.

Supporting Goal #2: Practice my evening routine everyday - Saturday as optional "no thanks" day  35/42 (83%)

• Evening routine is: after work or dinner, spend 5+ minutes training Bree (may go for outing instead), play session, spend 15 minutes cleaning
  • Starting week 3 of the challenge: pick out meditations/prayer/etc... for morning and set out on the table.
  • Starting week 5 of the challenge: practice handstand or somersaults for 1+ minute. put on hold because of queasy stomach :(

Supporting Goal #3: Confront entitlements and keep my promises! 9/12 (75%)

• As needed, identify when I feel entitled and, if necessary, write out why that is not true in my journal.  If once per week I write about this in my journal, then this goal is met.
  • Redeem Loot Rewards within 48 hours of earning it.  I have trouble following-through with promises to myself, which results in a lot of self-sabotage.  No doing the Saboteurs work for him!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Challenge Wrap-up

Goal 1: Body Weight Circuit (+5 STR)

A total of 21 days (i.e. every other day) of doing this circuit. To begin it will be as follows, but once 3 sets of 20 reps each are achieved the difficulty will need to be increased, which may occur slowly with one item at a time as opposed to all at once.

12/21 days despite relaxing the regulations on non-consecutive days and only doing it as a circuit.

57%
57%

Goal 2: Study 6 hours a week (36h) (+5 WIS)

This goal is back for a third challenge, not yet fully successful. Points are awarded based on hours per week average without partial points. This can include driving practice and certification classes if they will be possible around work. (Side Note: The earliest I could try to get a driving license is February which I was tempted to make a goal but is heavily reliant upon others and nature.)

60.75/36

169%

I did not get nearly as far as anticipated, but I have reviewed pre-calc and begun to review infinitesimal calculus.

Goal 3: Write or read 4 hours a week (24h) (+2 CHA)

This includes a diary-like log, stories, or letters. This is to look at lesser goals without allowing them to overshadow studying by merging them. I included reading (non-text book) because well-written book can help my writing that has degraded significantly. News reading is a not mentioned goal, but not to be used for this goal as it would be too broad.

32.5/24

135%

Completed the first two novels of Sherlock Holmes and 10/12 of the first book of short stories.

Read 2/5 of the "Five Equations that Changed the World"

Goal 4: Drawing 1 page a week (6 total) (+2 STA)

Anything, I have a comic book idea though that I am sure my nephews would love to read and color. Each page must be complete, including color if desired, paper or tablet. 

3/6 I started alright, but it soon slowed to a stop.

50%
50%

Goal 5: Craft (+1 DEX)

Okay, finger dexterity, but still mildly relevant. I did this without a challenge goal last go and I really want to make a corset, mostly to force better posture but if it looks nice then I could possibly pair it with a long skirt as an outfit. Any completed project will do for this goal.

Incomplete

Additionally: I plan to continue with chores, cooking a dinner (defined as largest/primary meal of the day) on occasion, applying to more graduate programs, and clearing out my old about-to-be-turned-off e-mail address.

I cleaned out that e-mail account, sent one graduate application, and did meals and chores far more sparsely than I intended but none of the items listed were completely neglected.

------------------

Overall:

3/5 Goals were not met

2/5 Goals were exceeded

Final Grade: C

Level up

+5WIS

+2CHA

Mini-Challenges:

+1 CHA Tutorial/Creative

+1 CHA Support New Rebels

+1 WIS Prepare for the Next Challenge

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Final Challenge Report:

tumblr_mip6ibjwnh1qhov6yo1_500.jpg

Okay, okay, fine.

My goal was to compete on February 15, 2014. I failed in that goal -- I put in a really solid 4 weeks of work and a kind of shitty 2 weeks post-ankle sprain, but it was just not in the cards for me. I could have handled the injury better, but I let it put me off the course on all of my other goals leading up to competition and did not do all I could have done to hasten my recovery and to continue working hard despite it.

However, I did go to 6 gymnastics practices with the sprain, focused a bit more on upper body work, put time in on uneven bars, ordered brand new grips, finalized my floor music, created a beam routine I feel relatively confident about, and cheered on my teammates. During the course of this challenge, I've also registered for Nationals on APRIL 4, signed up for the GoRuck in Boston on May 23, confirmed registration for a meet at MIT on March 8, performed my big three lifts at a competition (4T totally counts), met a bunch of amazing nerds in person, created a beam routine, started working on floor choreography, mastered a few gymnasts skills I hadn't tried in ages, and generally did alright.

We'll give it a pass.

Next challenge, though... lines right up with the NAIGC Nationals.

tumblr_mzzab9ZyXD1qhy4dgo1_500.png

All in, mofuckers.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

MAIN QUEST: Same old, same old

My main quest hasn't changed since last challenge and I highly doubt it ever will. I want to be the best me I can be! Short, simple and to the point rather vague, I know. But to be honest I just have no idea where I'm going to end up right now. I just want to do what I feel like doing for each challenge and not work towards one specific goal. I don't have one. Other than a vague idea of what I would like to be able to do/be. Which is part of the problem I had last time.

Well I definitely improved myself during this challenge. :D

GOAL 1: will you finally listen to your body?

I've been experimenting with my diet for a while now and have come to the following conclusions:

I'm a sugar addict.

I have some rather unfriendly bacteria living in my gut.

Those guys love throwing sugar parties! And they don't tire of it one bit, they always want more. Which makes me want more.

So for this challenge at least I'll follow a mixture of SCD and NSNG.

All my meals were legal with SCD and NSNG with the few exceptions I had during our hospital stay. :D

GOAL 2: get moving again

All through my first and my second challenge I did the BBWW at least three times a week. Since then the fact that I didn't take part in the last challenge and the holidays conspired against me and I didn't do more than the occasional half hearted stretching exercise.

I really enjoyed doing the BBWW and getting better and stronger at it but after a while (three months +) it gets kinda boring, which doesn't help with the sticking to it part.

For this challenge I'm going to follow the Strong Curves bodyweight program. I tweaked it a little bit but want to follow it for the next twelve weeks. That means doing the stong curves workouts 3-4 times a week and ballet, stretching or going for a walk on the active rest days. These active rest days will also be used for some handstand training. Since my wrist seems to be doing better after resting it and doing wrist exercises, I hope I can get back into practicing regularly.

I did the strong curves program until we had to go to the hospital. To be honest I wasn't a big fan of the exercises and probably just used it as an excuse to stop. But I did work out at least three times a week except for the hospital week. I went to all the ballet classes unless me or the kid were sick. Long story short, I did what I could under the given circumstances. :D

GOAL 3: adding some daily goodness

Goal 1 and goal 2 cover most of what I want to do diet and exercise wise. But since there are three goals to be made, here we go.

I'm going to eat lots of nutrient dense foods, preferably one each day. Doesn't have to be one each day, doesn't have to be a different one each day but at least five times a week. If I eat six one week and four the next, that's fine as well. Enjoying the process here, not forcing myself into resistance again.

By nutrient dense foods I mean stuff like organ meats, fish, bone broth etc. (I'm sure there's more but can't think of anything else right now)

I nailed this one. At least once a day (the last two weeks even twice a day) I treated myself to some daily goodness. (Not counting the hospital week again) :D

LIFE GOAL: off to bed you go

I'm going to make a point of going to bed early this challenge. I did that during my last challenge for about four weeks and really felt a difference during the day. Less cravings, more motivation to exercise and generally a happier person were some of the results. During the week this means 10pm. On the weekends I'm a little more flexible but will probably stick around that time as well. The first challenge week is the last week my hubbie is home plus I'm on vacation so I'm not going to be to strict. This goal activates come Saturday.

I was in bed between 8:00pm and 10:30pm every night except for two nights on the weekend when I went out with my sister. This one definitely needs revisiting next challenge! :)

TRACKING SYSTEM: there is no tracking system

I don't particularly care how many points in what area I have/should have/could have. I'm a book nerd! I know that puts in a minority on here but it is what it is. Again, I'm focusing on the process and not on the reward points I could get from doing something.

I will keep track of what I eat and what I did during my workouts. I also took measurements yesterday and will take some more at the three week mark and at the end. I haven't decided yet if I'll post them or not. Maybe I will, maybe I won't, we'll see!

I took my measurements at every first this far. I plan on doing that throughout the whole year and than make a nice little spreadsheet/overview thingy. All I can say for this challenge is: I lost 4kg!

Over all rating:

:D :D :D:) -> :D

I really did enjoy the process! Even though life threw some curveballs!

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Here's the summary of my challenge:

Goals:

1. One Typewriter Pull-up: http://s23.photobuck...181738.mp4.html I still struggled having my chin go up past the bar, and I felt that this was much more difficult than my last attempt a few weeks ago. I think this is because I haven't been doing pull-ups since I went to the gym, and partially due to my being sick for the last week. Partial completion gives me partial points:  Points Awarded: Str +2, Sta +1
  2. Five Typewriter Push-ups: http://s23.photobuck...181851.mp4.html I apologize for the horribly dark video, I really had no where else to put my phone while doing the Push-ups, but I at least knocked them out!  Points Awarded: Str +2, Sta +2
  3. Running: Up until the final Week, I was running every time I went to the gym, this goal was only hindered by illness, so outside of that, I think I completed this goal well. Points Awarded: Sta +3
  4. Reading: 241 Pages were read, and any pages that were missed were always caught up, I think I did this one pretty well as well. Points Awarded: Wis +3

The actual post is here

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Challenge Wrap Up.

Fitness Goal 1Maintain my gains from previous challenges. Grade: E

I thought I could not possibly fail this goal. My maintenance routine was so easy to do, and it was already a habit.

I didn't think about what would happen if I injured myself. Stupid shoulder dislocation - it completely blew my plan out of the water.

I gave myself an E rather than an F since I managed to fight my way back to improvement in 2 categories - horizontal pull and horizontal push. But all other movements are still behind where I was at the start of the challenge. I did however manage to reach the same 'tier' of exercises... which I'm rather pleased about.

Fitness Goal 2: Aim to progress on one arm chins, but avoid tendonitis. Grade: F

No sugar coating this one. At the start of the challenge I was close to doing 5x5 (per side) sets of assisted one arm chins with just my index finger assisting.

I am currently doing 3x5 (per side) assisted OACS mainly using 2 finger assists (but using 1 finger for the 1 or 2 reps).

My vertical pull is definitely weaker. But I'm also on a much more maintainable routine that isn't going to end in my left elbow getting medial epicondylitis.

Fitness Goal 3: Full depth wall HSPU 5x5. Grade: F

I was doing 4 reps fairly easily at the start of the challenge.

I just got back to doing a 3 rep set at the end of the challenge. I'm back in the same 'tier', but I'm certainly weaker than I was 6 weeks ago.

Main Goal: Grow old but stay fit. 

Life Goal: Maintain a balance between family, work and personal health. Grade: A

My wife is 19 weeks pregnant. We both couldn't be happier! Work is going great - it is fun, challenging, pays well and is not too stressful (compared to what I'm used to). And my health while not at the peak of when I was in my early 20s, is getting better and better - and more importantly seems to be in a very sustainable state.

Overall Grade: E

Final Challenge Report:

However, I did go to 6 gymnastics practices with the sprain, focused a bit more on upper body work, put time in on uneven bars, ordered brand new grips, finalized my floor music, created a beam routine I feel relatively confident about, and cheered on my teammates. During the course of this challenge, I've also registered for Nationals on APRIL 4, signed up for the GoRuck in Boston on May 23, confirmed registration for a meet at MIT on March 8, performed my big three lifts at a competition (4T totally counts), met a bunch of amazing nerds in person, created a beam routine, started working on floor choreography, mastered a few gymnasts skills I hadn't tried in ages, and generally did alright.

We'll give it a pass.

Next challenge, though... lines right up with the NAIGC Nationals.

Way to focus on what you managed to do despite the circumstances and your own mistakes, and focusing on you next set of competitions.

Challenge Wrap Up.

Main Goal: Grow old but stay fit. 

Life Goal: Maintain a balance between family, work and personal health. Grade: A

My wife is 19 weeks pregnant. We both couldn't be happier! Work is going great - it is fun, challenging, pays well and is not too stressful (compared to what I'm used to). And my health while not at the peak of when I was in my early 20s, is getting better and better - and more importantly seems to be in a very sustainable state.

Overall Grade: E

You may not be where you started this challenge, but you found better ways to workout without tending toward injury so that your progress will be easier to maintain in the future. 

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'm at work right now, so I can't open the spreadsheet for some reason, but I can give my update! 

1.  4 Workouts per Week (+2 Str, +1 Sta)

Nailed this.  Most weeks it was 5 workouts, as well as casual pullups/pushups in the evenings.  If I could give myself an S-rank in this, I would. 

2.  80/20 Paleo Diet (+2 Con, +2 Cha)

Likewise rocked this goal out.  It was far easier than I expected and while I had a few "less than paleo days" here and there, the overall average is well above 80.  I'm extremely proud and happy with this one. 

3.  Skateboard 3 times per Week (+2 Dex, +2 Sta)

This one...   not so much lol I failed at this.  This was a missed treasure chest with juicy materia waiting to be equipped.  No points awarded. 

Side Quest: Complete Weekly To-Do List (+2 Wis, +2 Cha)

This has been rough.  I may have bitten off more than I could chew with my weekly lists, but with a few elixers and a phoenix down or two, we made it out alive.  Good progress was made, just not nearly as much as I would have liked.  Overall, I give this a C-rating.  It's passing, but theres plenty of room for improvement.  My main focus going forward is time discipline.  If I'd managed my time more efficiently, I'd have gotten a LOT more done.  Live and learn. 

Level 2 Human Ex-SOLDIER - Ranger/Assassin

| Str: 12 | Dex: 4 | Con: 7 | Sta: 13 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 13 |

"Steel your mind and the body will follow."

Jan- Feb CHALLENGE WRAP UP:

STATS:

height: 5'3"

weight: from 134 on jan 6th to 138 feb 16th (I'm convinced that this is muscle weight because I know I look way better than when I started)

body fat percentage: from 20.97% on jan 9th to 19.64% Feb 17th (likely to be inaccurate but I look better at least!)

waistline: 80-85 cm jan 6th to 79-83cm (this is flexed-relaxed measurements)

My goal is to be able to be able to base (in acrobatics this is the person supporting the person in the air) for my acrobatics partner for a fairly unique routine in which we play both flying and basing roles. 
         we have practiced basing and flying in all of our routines extensively and we've both gotten stronger and more capable in all of our moves.
Reduce my body fat percentage

I've lost  approximately 1%? I used the skinfold method so it could be inaccurate...

Be able to lift my partner's goal weight (135) and then some for safety

this goal is going to be an overarching quest for the next few challenges... it's hard and I've made progress towards it but I"m not going to say I failed because I didn't achieve that ability yet.

prepare choreography for the Acrobatics routine

I wish i could post a video of the stuff we did! it's way cool now and we're continually adding stuff to it.

Goals:

1. Go to the gym and lift

77% C

I have been getting way stronger over the course of this challenge and I'm very happy with the visual results as well. I'm starting to get compliments from people on my strength which is very refreshing.

2. Practice Acrobatics

100% A

this was a piece of cake. I don't think I should make this a goal again. it's too easy because I love it so much!

3. Reduce intake of foods that fall outside of the Paleo diet to 3x week at most

97% A-

this was a hard earned one!

I'm very happy to see anything above a 90 in this category and I'm rather impressed with myself for the discipline I DID exercise. granted I wasn't perfect, but I did a dang good job if i do say so myself.

Life Quest: Finish at least one verse of spoken word each day

81% C+

there were days when this fell off as an unimportant thing on my to do list, but I'm happy with what I accomplished  :)

*side thing that was a goal but not a graded thing* perform at a poetry slam on February 8th.

yup 100%

entire challenge grade!

DRUM ROLLLLLLLL

88%! B+!!

the entire workout and scoring results are posted here

Motivation success: I can say honestly and with confidence the following about myself...
I feel strong 
I am able to assess my limits 
I am confident in my ability to accomplish and perform

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

Apologies in advance for the long post:

Challenge wrap-up

All in all I feel like this has been my best challenge so far. I'm getting a lot better at setting myself manageable goals that still push me. The last half of the final week has been a write-off as I've been sick so that has messed up my score a little but that's all just part of life.

Goal 1: workout 6 days a week.

I started off strong with this one for the first three weeks. If I missed a morning workout I either tried to do something in the evening or worked extra hard on the next day to compensate. I only managed 5 workouts for weeks 4 and 5 and week 6 inevitably suffered due to illness. In total I managed 31 out of the 36 workouts giving me a b grade and STR+ 1 1/2 and Sta 1 1/2.

Although working out 6 days a week is quite intense, I find it easier to maintain that schedule and as my time exercising is shorter, I get to have an extra 15-30 minutes in bed in the morning so I'm going to carry on with this for at least the next challenge.

As for progress in individual exercises, I've added 3 pull-ups, 2 chin-ups, 2 minutes to head stands (!) and gone from sets of 14, 10 for push-ups to 20, 15 so I'm very happy with that.

Goal 2: daily handstand and crow stand practice.

Like the workouts, this started strong but did tail off as the weeks progressed. I ended up doing slightly more crow stands than handstands but the big problem was that trying two different hand balancing positions everyday is a little bit too much on the arms and wrists so whichever position was attempted second was invariably a disaster for the day. I ended up doing 29 out of 42 for handstands and 30 for crow stands. Although I'm only going to give myself +1 DEX for the handstands, I think my 59 second crow stand does deserve the whole +2 DEX.

For the next challenge, I'm going to carry on the daily handstands (I'm not sure if it'll be part of a goal yet) but I'm going to be less strict on the crow stands and just incorporate them into my workouts a couple of times of the week so I don't get rusty. A 15 second freestanding handstand is one of my long term goals for the year so I'm going to prioritise it over any other kind of balancing until I feel that I'm really on top of it.

Goal 3- healthy eating.

It's a bit hard to judge this one. My original goal was to be very hard line on this- no alcohol, junk food or chocolate but I didn't manage a single week without either having a drink or some bad food. On the other hand, I did certainly massively cut down on these things so it wasn't a disaster and my diet on the whole was very healthy. I'm currently doing the Coursera nutrition, health and lifestyle course and part of that was to monitor and grade my eating habits. Aside from having a higher protein intake than is generally recommended (I am eating for muscle gain after all!) my diet was pretty much as good as it could be.

As for my actual weight, over the six weeks I've ended up putting on 0.3 of a pound but my body fat has gone from 19.1% to 16.9% so that's a drop of 2.2%. Whilst I'm not expecting it to carry on at this rate for ever, my long term goal of reaching 15% or lower by the end of the year is looking good so I'm going to give myself +2 CON.

GOAL 4- read the haiku book and write 3 haiku per week.

Whilst I didn't manage to write 3 per week, I did end up writing 15 in total out of the 18 required, although, having read the book, most of them don't technically count as haiku but I'm going to overlook that for the sake of my score! WIS +2 and CHA +0.75.

I'm not sure if forcing myself to be creative is a particularly good goal for these challenges as it became to feel more like a chore rather than something fun to do. I think in future challenges, I may well opt for a goal with a definite end to accomplish in 6 weeks rather than trying to do x amount of it each week. With handstands and crow stands to fit in every day, trying to do even more things on a daily basis really became strained so I'm going to go lighter on myself in future and try not to spread myself to thin.

I also partook in mini-challenges 2, 4 and 5 so I also get stat increase of CHA +2 and WIS +1 so my final scores are:

STR +1.5

STA + 1.5

DEX + 3

CON +2

WIS +3

CHA +2.75

So, along with my third "most wanted" in three challenges, all in all I'm pretty happy with my progress. On to the next challenge!

• Like 1

Challenge Summary "Reaching Higher Heights"

Goal 1: Workout

I did 28 out of 30 workouts this challenge. So my grade is B.

Goal 2: Climbing Skill Practice

I did 25 out of 24 skill practices, and many times on one day two skill practices (which still counts as one) so this one is definitely A+

Goal3: Walking

100%
100%

3.3%
3.3%

I walked more than I had to - so A+

Overal grade:

If A = 6 points, B = 5 points, C = 4 points and so on, the average between the three is 5,6 which would mean its a B+, or an A if you make it a round number again. I'm going for B+, because I didn't make a lot of progress towards my epic challenge (I did have some binge attacks :( )

But I'm very happy with it! This was a fun challenge! I loved climbing a lot and I am so much better than I started! I am practicing routes for bouldering that are a grade higher (the grade I started out with I only have problems with some overhang routes) so that's great! Toprope I didn't get a grade higher, but that's because the lowest grades are still really difficult. However, I managed to complete way more routes and I did one route that was higher than something I ever tried before!

I'm going to up my game (in a very self-confronting way) for the next challenge so stay tuned for more!

And how does it fare with our little kitten? Well, she made the entire litter jealous by being able to climb on top the tallest shelve in the kitchen and eat all the kitten treats there!

ih7UxrdoOu636.gif

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines