Super Destroyer's Battle Log

I am adding a battle log at this point to help my accountability. I made the decision about 5 weeks ago to stop trying to lose weight and focus on strength gains. I am up from a low of 219 to 223 as of this morning. I am okay with this because of the strength gains I made. I just want to keep the gain to less than a pound per week.

I started SL 5x5 on November 4, 2013, and am now switched over to 3x5. My working weights are squats, 195, OHP, 95, BP, 160, DL, 265, and row, 125. (Lbs) My 1RM are squats, 220, bench, 180, and DL, 285.

I have two goals for this battle log: 1) Record everything I eat for better accountability, and 2) record my workouts and gains.

Tuesday, 2/18

Breakfast: 3 overeasy eggs

Snack: small apple

Lunch: Pork chop with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots

Snack: Peanut butter

Dinner: Stir fry with chicken breast, spinach, cabbage, broccoli slaw, olive oil and a little mustard.(having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, awesome!)

I did have a cheat today, 2 Reese's peanut butter cups (ugh)

Not bad, but could have been better. Off day from lifting, but tomorrow is lifting day. 195 lbs squats 3x5!

I'm in on this one AND your new Challenge log!!! Can't wait to see all the awesome progress you make!!! 

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Ongoing Battle Log: My Quest for PRs and Endorphins

Yesterday was a little rough, both workout and diet wise. First, I only got three of my 2nd set of squats at 195 lbs. I did finish the third set, but I will do 3x5x195 again on Saturday. I also failed at bench press after 3 on the first set of 160. That is 89% of my 1RM, so I will try again on next Tuesday. 125 on the row didn't go well either. I did not feel like I was getting it all the way up. Not sure whether to try it again, or drop back.

I usually eat really well right up to evening, and that was true yesterday. However, being bummed out about lifting, and having access to some sweets, made it easier than usual to give in. So I am trying to do better today.

Thursday, 2/20/14

B/3 over easy eggs

S/ Banana

L? Pork chop stir fry with broccoli slaw, spinach, and a little mustard

Pre-W/O Banana

Post-W/O: Banana

D/ 4 Chicken thighs w/bbq sauce

broccoli w/cheese

2 brownies

1 piece of b-day cake

Carb heaven....? Well, at least it was lifting day.

Squats 2x5 bar, 1x5 75, 1x5 105, 1x5 135, 1x3 165, 1x3 155 (trying to get depth), 1x2 180, 1x5 195, 1x3 195, 1x5 195

Bench 2x5 bar, 1x5 75, 1x5 105, 1x3 135, 1x3 160, 1x1 160, 1x1 165

Row 3x5 125

Overall, it seems like your day wasn't so bad - but I can understand the temptation to eat more when you're already feeling crappy. I really hope today goes better for you  :joyous:

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Thanks, stardust. Good start so far!

For sure! I've got a head cold, so I'm gonna take the next few days to recover & then hit the ground running on Monday!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend!

Saturday, 2/22/14

Pre-Workout: Bowl of Maple and brown sugar oatmeal

Post workout: Banana

B/ 2 scrambled eggs w/2 bratwursts

S/ cookie dough

L/ 2 chicken thighs w/BBQ

S/ peanut butter w/milk

D/ 2 chicken thighs

Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots

1 cup Chocolate milk

4 pieces of chocolate with milk

Squats: 2x5xbar, 1x5x75, 1x5x105, 1x3x135, 1x2x165, 3x5x195

OHP: 2x5xbar, 1x5x75, 3x5x95

Dead lift: 1x5x265

Sunday, 2/23/14

B/ 3 overeasy eggs

L/ Pork butt

Green beans

S/ Apple

Peanut butter w/milk

D/ Cubed steak, fried

Fried sweet potato chips

1 cup of chocolate milk

cookie dough w/milk

Really hated I was going to have to report some of the "crap" I ate, but now that I know I only gained 1/2 of a lb, I don't feel as bad. :).

Tuesday, 2/25/14

B/ 3 scrambled eggs with pork loin, spinach, and broccoli slaw

S/ Apple

L/ Stir fry with pork loin, broccoli slaw, spinach, and mustard

Pre workout/ Maple and brown sugar oatmeal and 1 cup of fat free chocolate milk

Post workout/ Large Muscle Milk

D/ Stir fry with pork butt, spinach, broccoli slaw, mustard, balsamic vinegar

Pork butt w/mayo

3 hot mustard wings

peanut butter with milk

LOTS of protein.

Workout/ Squats; 2x5xbar, 1x5x85, 1x5x115, 1x3x145, 1x2x175, 1x5x200, 1x10x115, 1x8x135, 1x3x165, 1x6x135, 1x8x115 (Two guys were in the power rack for a long time. 1x5x200 looked terrible, so I changed it up. I will try 3x5x200 again Thursday.

Bench Press: 2x5xbar, 1x5x75, 1x5x105, 1x3x135, 1x4, 1x2, and 1x3 of 160. Better than last time.

Row: Dropped back to 3x5x115, sonce 125 was really bad. Will do 120 next time.

Overall, good workout, although I am not happy with my bench press. Shoulders are very sore. May download and work back up. Not sure.

Looks like you had a really great day!!! Keep up the fabulous work!! I think its a good idea to de-load on the bench press and then try again - you don't want to over-fatigue yourself and then risk causing frustration or injury  :joyous:

I may video an attempt at 160 and see if anyone has form tips.

I think that's a good plan for sure - maybe we can see something that might be tweaking on your lifts  :joyous:

Wednesday, 2/26/14

B/ 4 overeasy eggs

S/ Cheese stick

L/ Spicy chicken sandwich with mayo and tomato

brocolli

D/ Stir fry with pork loin, broccoli slaw, spinach, and mustard

3 slices pizza

peanut butter with milk

2 choc. chip cookies

Not too bad. The spicy chicken sandwich was in the school cafeteria. It is soooo hot, but so good. This is always served on Wednesdays, and it was the first I have eaten since last April.

No workout yesterday. I am lifting weights tonight.

Looks like you had a great day yesterday! Hope your lifting today is fabulous as well!!!  :joyous:

• Like 1

Sweet Jesus, how did I not see this epic daily log before? I'm so jelly of all your delicious evening snacks. And feel slightly less bad about my equally not-clean evening eating extravaganzas (E-cubed).

Maybe I need to get into this business of reporting daily food consumptions. Like in the movie Pink Flamingos directed by John Waters, we can battle for the epic title of Filthiest Person Alive. Experienced, I am, however, for in battles, Super Destroyer conquers all.

Now I will click the Follow button.

• Like 1

I think the first 2/3's eating fairly clean balances out the dirty dinner destruction. (D cubed) :)

Sweet Jesus, how did I not see this epic daily log before? I'm so jelly of all your delicious evening snacks. And feel slightly less bad about my equally not-clean evening eating extravaganzas (E-cubed)

Mmmmmm, jelly. With peanut butter.......

• Like 1

Happy Friday my friend!! Hope you have a fabulous day!! As always, keep up the great work!  :highly_amused:

Thursday, 2/27/14

B/ 3 overeasy eggs w/2 small link sausages

S/ cheese stick

L/ stir fry w/pork butt, broccoli slaw, spinach, mustard, balsamic vinegar

D/ pork butt w/mayo

Slice of pizza

Piece of cube steak

Pre workout/ pack of oatmeal with sugar

Cup of chocolate milk

Post workout/ 2 sweet and salty protein bars

Banana

Peanut butter

Workout: squats 2x5xbar, 1x5x85, 1x5x115, 1x3x135, 1x3x155, 1x2x175,1x1x195, 3x5x200. OHP 2x5xbar, 1x5x75, 1x3x100, 2x5x195. Dead lift 1x5x275. Also did bench press some to work on technique. Going for 160 one more time Saturday.

Friday, 2/28/14

B/ 3scrambled eggs with piece of bacon and pork butt stir fry

S/ sweet and salty protein bar

L/ salad w/cheese, egg, and balsamic vinaigrette

Pimento cheese

2 scoops ice cream

Clam chowder

D/ pork butt w/mayo

Peanut butter w/ milk

Cookie dough