Any geocaching nerds out there?

I've done some casually with some friends just to have another thing to do outside during the nicer months. I find that many of the places we've found them in are places we already frequent, which makes us look at them in a whole new way. It's very fun to realize that soemthing's been hiding under a bridge the million times you've walked over it! 

I think the most touching one I've found was a memorial dedicated to a couple killed in a car crash. It had a photo album of them and letters from their loved ones. Very unique, and I think an awesome way to keep the memory of a loved one alive.

I'm certainly not hardcore like some people who go out and buy a gps unit and make clubs though. That strikes me as a little too obssessed. :P

• Like 1

Moralitea, Level 2 Flind Assassin
{STR 3|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 4WIS 2|CHA 2}

Incepto Ne Desistam.

Previous Challenges: 1,

Love it! Hubby and I are avid geocachers. I have found lots of new parks and trails while searching for caches. It is a fun way to get out and hike. Hoping the weather is decent enough we can get some caching in this weekend.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

My hubby just bought me a GPS for my birthday, for geocaching!  Of course my birthday is in January and everything around here is covered in about 3 feet of snow, with more on the way, so I have to wait until better weather.  But I have been researching a lot online.  I found a listing of several caches in my area and I have been getting email updates when people find them, so I know they're still active.  Can't wait to get outside this spring and put my GPS to use.  :)

• Like 1

I've done some casually with some friends just to have another thing to do outside during the nicer months. I find that many of the places we've found them in are places we already frequent, which makes us look at them in a whole new way. It's very fun to realize that soemthing's been hiding under a bridge the million times you've walked over it! 

I think the most touching one I've found was a memorial dedicated to a couple killed in a car crash. It had a photo album of them and letters from their loved ones. Very unique, and I think an awesome way to keep the memory of a loved one alive.

I'm certainly not hardcore like some people who go out and buy a gps unit and make clubs though. That strikes me as a little too obssessed. :tongue:

Wow that is a great idea. I've never found a geocache that touching. 

Check out my weight-loss blog

http://www.fitterbritter.wordpress.com

I've done it a few times and it was really fun, but I got out of the habit as the GPS on my phone isn't very reliable and I didn't find a whole lot even though I looked. I'm hoping to get back into it again.

Get back into it and even with a sucky GPS use previous finders logs to help. They almost always leave some sort of clues, just make sure you don't give up too easily! 

Love it! Hubby and I are avid geocachers. I have found lots of new parks and trails while searching for caches. It is a fun way to get out and hike. Hoping the weather is decent enough we can get some caching in this weekend.

That is one of the many reasons I love geocaching. There have been so many different parks, trails and scenic places I would have otherwise never found had it not been for geocaching!