Questions Thread!

bigm141414

Thanks ^^ I thought maybe if it was something like, if you don't meet your goals all six weeks, you don't get to level. Giving up is not an option! 

Nope, as long as you complete the challenge (whether you were largely successful or suffered a bit through it), you get to level up.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hi, I have just signed up and am about to post my first challenge.  I have a few questions first:

1. Can you link the most recent sign up sheet for the challenges? I know I am a week late but I read somewhere you can sign up within 2 weeks of the start.

2. How do you do the progress bar in bbcode?  I have figured out [progress][/progress] but I am not sure where to put my value?

3. Are there any rules about linking to personal blogs?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Level 0 Hobbit Scout

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Epic Quest: 30kg weight loss

"Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"

By sign up I mean signed up to the website, not the challenge. And the things that came out as a huge progress bar is [ progress ] [ /progress ]

Level 0 Hobbit Scout

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Epic Quest: 30kg weight loss

"Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"

Hi, I'm quite new here, I've created my first challenge topic (after filling the sign up sheet), but I have some questions.

Why has my topic died? Everybody seems to get many replies, while my topic fell to the depths of page 2, and I thought maybe I need to wait for a mod to approve my topic, or maybe I haven't fulfiled some sort of requirement, or I'm just unpopular (?) My question is, do I need to do something specific?

Also, can I post twice in a row in my own topic? I used to go to some forums in which people didn't like double-posting because you can always edit your previous post to add information. I was thinking about keeping the second post to keep track of my progress, and then post daily/weekly a larger comment about what I've been doing. Since I haven't read anything about double-posting in the forum rules, I'm assuming it's ok, but since I haven't seen anybody doing it, I prefered to ask before.

Can you link the most recent sign up sheet for the challenges?

Do you mean this?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tEe--iTzpqqJFICOZsYu5t2witXPLP7KzTlAQ-AYrtI/viewform

Hope it helps!

Hi, I'm quite new here, I've created my first challenge topic (after filling the sign up sheet), but I have some questions.

Why has my topic died? Everybody seems to get many replies, while my topic fell to the depths of page 2, and I thought maybe I need to wait for a mod to approve my topic, or maybe I haven't fulfiled some sort of requirement, or I'm just unpopular (?) My question is, do I need to do something specific?

Also, can I post twice in a row in my own topic? I used to go to some forums in which people didn't like double-posting because you can always edit your previous post to add information. I was thinking about keeping the second post to keep track of my progress, and then post daily/weekly a larger comment about what I've been doing. Since I haven't read anything about double-posting in the forum rules, I'm assuming it's ok, but since I haven't seen anybody doing it, I prefered to ask before.

Do you mean this?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tEe--iTzpqqJFICOZsYu5t2witXPLP7KzTlAQ-AYrtI/viewform

Hope it helps!

Sorry you've been overlooked! Sometimes after the challenge has started people don't pick up new threads because they've already followed as many as they're going to, but I'll check yours out momentarily. Thanks for making yourself known! You don't need to do anything specific, it's something just a matter of building a friend base.

You are more than welcome to double-post in your own thread. That happens a lot around here, especially with battle logs. Keep us updated! Even if people aren't responding often, someone might be reading!

• Like 1

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Sorry you've been overlooked! Sometimes after the challenge has started people don't pick up new threads because they've already followed as many as they're going to, but I'll check yours out momentarily. Thanks for making yourself known! You don't need to do anything specific, it's something just a matter of building a friend base.

You are more than welcome to double-post in your own thread. That happens a lot around here, especially with battle logs. Keep us updated! Even if people aren't responding often, someone might be reading!

Thank you for the answers! I'll start posting in my topic, and in other places on the forums so I can get people to know me (:

• Like 2

Thank you for the answers! I'll start posting in my topic, and in other places on the forums so I can get people to know me (:

Maybe also join an accountability group and make some friends there :)

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

What do you do when your first week has been largely unsuccessful? Dock stat points at the end, or come back next challenge?

When I struggle through a week I get really demotivated. But don't think that way, just try to be better tomorrow! You definitely can still rock this challenge, and as has been said it doesn't matter level wise. :) It's actually a great learning experience, so try to find out why it didn't work!

I double post sometimes. I write a daily summary, and if noone replied since my last one well then there's two. :P Sometimes it's just difficult because many people follow many topics already, and then simply don't have time to go through new ones. I'm guilty of that aswell. I try to keep up to date with everyone but it's impossible when I have life getting in the way too! But a great way is to find people doing similar things and commenting a lot on their topic. They will get to know you and get curious about your challenge! :) 

• Like 2

Does anyone know how this works for late starters?

I have just finished my first full week, but it is week three for everyone else.  Am I supposed to wait for my own week three before levelling and such or was my first week so magnificent that it counts as week three even for me?  If I wait for my own week three, does that mean I end on a different date to the pack?

Please help!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

So quick question we all just finished week 3 does that mean it's time for a massive level up time? If so what shall we do and is the same a usual (i.e. the 15 xp spread out through everything?) or different? I just could use some help on my first level up I should get the idea after that!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

STR |5.5| DEX|4| STA|4| CON|6| WIS|5| CHA|0|

Previous Challenge: Level 1 RebelRangersRangersMonks Current Challenge: Monks

Track Calories with MyFitnessPal (4.5% per comp)

9%
9%

MOSSA Power and Fight (5% per comp)

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

Bed by 10:30 awake by 6:30 (2.25% per each per comp)

0%
0%

So quick question we all just finished week 3 does that mean it's time for a massive level up time? If so what shall we do and is the same a usual (i.e. the 15 xp spread out through everything?) or different? I just could use some help on my first level up I should get the idea after that!

I'm interested in that too!

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

I'm interested in that too!

So once you finish 3 weeks, you get to Level 1 and 10 points to allocate. 

Once you finish your first 6 week challenge, you get Level 2 and another 15 points to allocate for the next challenge. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Does anyone know how this works for late starters?

I have just finished my first full week, but it is week three for everyone else.  Am I supposed to wait for my own week three before levelling and such or was my first week so magnificent that it counts as week three even for me?  If I wait for my own week three, does that mean I end on a different date to the pack?

Please help!

M x

If you've started a few weeks late that's fine. You can follow the level up rules at week 3 as well. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Hello all,

First post and it seems like I sort of missed the deadline for this challenge. However, I am super excited about the possibilities presented by this thread, who knows, this may be the starting point where I actually achieve the goals I have had for years and never finished.

I have been doing so skimming around and created my character through the character generator deal so I sort of assigned stats even though I wasn't supposed to. (Sorry Spezzy!) I suppose  I need to do some further research as I still don't quite have a grasp on things but since I will be starting my first challenge on Apr 6, that means I am in this guild correct? I was thinking I would start as an adventurer but it sounds like this is the starting gate for new members.

Finally, I am not terribly accustomed to forums so do I generally surf the topics, find an interesting one, and begin chatting with people that way?

Thanks!

Eager to be starting with NF!!

Shaoda

• Like 1
Yes, I'm a troll... but only because I prefer forests to mountains! :P Besides... I am here so I can downgrade my race to something healthier. :)

nerd fitness character card

Hey. I read the the leveling system here, and I just wanted to clarify if it works this way.

Leveling up = 10 AP (Attibute points)

Main quest = 1 AP

Side quest(s) = 1 AP/side quest

*Life goal = 1 AP

*What is Life goal? Is it basically something we want to do in real life, travelling to certain places?

NOTE: I posted this question on another FAQ. But, I think I may have put it on the wrong FAQ section. Hopefully, I posted on the right one this time.

• Like 1

The Fool - LV.2
Race: Forsaken
Class: Assassin

STATS
STR 5.5
DEX 1
STA 5
CON 4.25
WIS 6
CHA 1

Quest

"It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

Basically as a first timer we get 10 points to spread out in our stats for completing 3 weeks of this first challenge. What you do with that is you look at your quests and you determine if that works on Strength or Stamina or Wisdom etc. and you then decide how well you've done at that one. Then you give however many of the 10 you think you deserve for those attributes that connect to your quests. Your side quests always tie into your main quest. You may not achieve your main quest this challenge but the side quests work toward that goal and so you award yourself Attribute Points for that.

Once we complete the full 6 weeks we go to level 2 and receive 15 AP to spread out in the same way.

After that every level (ever 6 week challenge) we get another 15. This is just a fun way to keep track of your progress on paper which you may not yet see in real life. 

The Life Quest is anything that you want to accomplish to level up your life that doesn't have to directly tie into your Main Quest. So it could be asking that girl (or guy) out that you really like finally. It could be passing the bar exam, it could be traveling to a certain country. It could be spending more time with your children or spouse. Anything that you want to accomplish but that might not be fitness related. Now it can be fitness related (i.e. climb Mount Everest) but it doesn't have to be. It's like a bonus quest that gives you that really cool thing in a game that you don't need to complete the Main Quest but, come on, it's super cool and worth going for! 

• Like 2

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

If you need any more clarification feel free to ask and I (or any of the other awesome people here) will try our best to help you out!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

9%
9%

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

0%
0%

Can u give me a link to more info about grading ourselves? I think I've seened it somewhere here before, but I forgot which section it was in.

Thanks for the information.

The Fool - LV.2

STATS
STR 5.5
DEX 1
STA 5
CON 4.25
WIS 6
CHA 1

Quest

"It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

Can u give me a link to more info about grading ourselves? I think I've seened it somewhere here before, but I forgot which section it was in.

Thanks for the information.

It should be this thread I guess:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33334-real-life-role-playing-stat-points-and-levelling-up/

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Once you complete your first challenge, you move up to level 2 and get one extra point for each goal completed.  You decide what attribute each goal contributes to.  That's an extra four points (one for each diet/fitness goal that supports your main quest, and one for your life goal)

Therefore, you have the possibility of starting your second challenge, at Level 2 with 14 attribute points.

After you have reached Level 2, you have the potential of obtaining 15 attribute points per challenge. These will be split up between your goals.

Just so I have this straight: at the end of level 1 week 6 we get 4 points to add onto our 10 from week 3; after the end of level 2 we get 15 to distribute?

This is why I'm bad at tabletop RPGs :tongue:

• Like 1

If I get it right, this is how it goes:

Starting at LV.0: No attributes

LV.1 (3 weeks): 10 AP

LV.2 (+3 weeks (6th week):  15 AP

*The first challenge

LV.3+ (6 weeks /challenge): 15 AP

Other quests (Life quests, side quests): +1 AP

The Fool - LV.2

STATS
STR 5.5
DEX 1
STA 5
CON 4.25
WIS 6
CHA 1

Quest

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines