nightlight does... life.

nightlight

I want your chicken bowl right meow. 

I somehow missed that you updated your first post. Love the new goals and may take a leaf out of your book and get in the cleaning zone with some music later tonight. Music makes all things better. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Day 1 update (Monday)

Side Quest Diet/Lifestyle: Eat to Perform

1,462/ 1,974 calories
P: 145/ 155g
C: 115/ 170g
F: 53/ 75g

** specific tracking here: http://www.myfitness...needanightlight

Given that it was a rest day, I'm not too concerned being that short on calories. I am however going to watch that fat. It's too low, even for a rest day. I would have liked my carbs to be at or below 100 on rest days, but I'm not going to sweat it. I really wanted those squares of chocolate. Pretty psyched about my protein consumption. I would have had more fat if the guacamole that I like wasn't bad. I made up a 1/4 of a cup into a bowl. dipped a carrot, and had to spit it out. It was just past good. So i opened up a tetra pack of a different kind of guac. It was tasty, but very spicy, so I ate considerably less than I thought. Also, guac is tasty on carrots, but not really. I mean, on chips, i can eat it. The WHOLE thing. I think to make my carrots more like chips, I'll add a little garlic salt. I'll give that a try tonight. 

Here's what dinner looked like, including the "bad" guac:
1489201_10151978909716274_1593825823_n.j

Side Quest/Life: UFYL

Had a crazy day at work. completely busy. Decided that as soon as I got home, I should spend a half hour cleaning up the apartment as it was bothering me Sunday night BEFORE I ate my dinner and sat down. I literally took off my coat and hat, put on a record (yes, vinyl) and set my timer for a half hour. I ended up taking out the recycling, picking up anything trash related, gathering up any "bathroom" items (make up, hair stuff. nail polish) and putting them back where they belong and doing the dishes. Then sat down for dinner. Accomplishment!

That food looks awesome.  Now I Want guac.

And incredibly jealous of your record player.  And impressed about the efficiency of cleaning in a 30 minute span.  I don't think I'd get all that accomplished, even with a timer going.  Way to go!

Also subbed.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Yeah, guac just isn't the same without chips. It just isn't. But great job on your nutrition and getting the cleaning done. 

I'm still struggling about signing up for the open. But I've realized after some introspection that it's mostly because I don't think I deserve it. Who am I to be taking up the judges' time with my pitiful WOD? If I can't be superlative at this, why even try? And that's the kind of bullshit thinking that kept me sedentary for over half my life. I'm going to do it. I'm going to. If I want this, I deserve to do it.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Yay music and tidying after a crummy day of work! <3

seriously.

I saw the coolest record player at the antique shop. I almost bought it. Then realized I have no records. I wish I were as cool as you so I had records. Then I'd also have the record player.

Lesson learned: Focus on being more like NL. 

ha! well. coolest might not equal good. if you are ever in the market, let me know, and i'll help you.

I want your chicken bowl right meow. 

I somehow missed that you updated your first post. Love the new goals and may take a leaf out of your book and get in the cleaning zone with some music later tonight. Music makes all things better. 

the chicken was good. chicken, green salsa, and spinach.

That food looks awesome.  Now I Want guac.

And incredibly jealous of your record player.  And impressed about the efficiency of cleaning in a 30 minute span.  I don't think I'd get all that accomplished, even with a timer going.  Way to go!

Also subbed.

hiiiiiii :) 

Yeah, guac just isn't the same without chips. It just isn't. But great job on your nutrition and getting the cleaning done. 

I'm still struggling about signing up for the open. But I've realized after some introspection that it's mostly because I don't think I deserve it. Who am I to be taking up the judges' time with my pitiful WOD? If I can't be superlative at this, why even try? And that's the kind of bullshit thinking that kept me sedentary for over half my life. I'm going to do it. I'm going to. If I want this, I deserve to do it.

DO IT. just sign up. 

you deserve to do it. you deserve to give it your all. 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 2 update (Tuesday)

Goal 1: WL

Coached 6/7/8am.  Then started my workout at 9am.

Hip Snatch: 

33x3

53x3

63x5x5

I was really having a hard time with these today. not he weight. it was really mental. the snatches were beyond easy, but it just felt...heavy. i don't know how to explain it. 

Hip Clean:

53x3

77x5x5

these felt ok. the blocks were an inch too high, and i receive the bar so low that i had to shorten my squat a touch to get the bar in the right place so it didn't bounce off the blocks. note to self: next time, lose the blocks for cleans.

Snatch Deadlift

5x5 at 99.8lbs (stupid kilo plates!)

these were good. next week, i'll do 110lbs.

Barbell Row:

78x3x5

these were awful. i need to lower the weight. i made all of the reps, but they were NOT pretty. i knew i was sacrificing form, but like an asshole, i kept going because i just wanted to finish my workout. 

3x10 v-ups

programmed v-ups. ended up doing sit ups on the GHD, but only to parallel. 

3x5 ring dips w/ box

these were effing hard. i remembered while doing them that i need to edit my accessory work to do dips on the horns. i can't get full extension yet with the rings and my feet on a box. i have no problem with a band, but even with the thinnest band it's now too easy, so.. square one. 

Goal 2: THE OPEN

WOD will either be done Thursday, or Sunday.

Goal 3: Ruck.

Not yet. 

1,635/ 1,974 calories

P: 135/ 155g

C: 144/ 170g

F: 61/ 75g

food wasn't bad yesterday. i would have like to have had more protein, but after dinner i just wasn't hungry. so i'm not going to stress. or, try not to stress.

had a long hard day at work. i am glad i thought to go to chipotle for dinner, else i would have been stupid and said "Screw it" and ordered something bad for me. or even marginally ok, but felt bad about it. I didn't do any life unfucking yesterday. i got home at 7:30pm, and went to bed at 10. i slept like a rock straight through to 8am. i should have done dishes. (spoiler alert, i didn't do them tonight.) but the big thing i took away, is that tuesdays are hard days, and long. i coach, then work 11-7. cooking will never happen. so i either need to find take-out choices that fit my macros, or just allow tuesday nights to be a "whatever" night. i'm really not happy right now, so i'm going to stop this before i start spewing. sigh. (second spoiler alert, i overheard a group director and an account manager badmouthing me.) 

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

also. p.s. sorry i haven't been up in y'alls threads lately. you can tell when i'm busy at work because i'm not on the forums or in chat. :(

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Sorry Tuesdays are hard...must be something about Tuesdays, cause they kinda suck here too. Glad you figured out part of why they're hard so you can not beat yourself up about making accommodations. 

And since you're not able to get around much on the forums, I signed up. Thanks for the gentle nudges! I know I'll be much more aggressive about the WODs if it's "official"

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Hi lady. Love you much.

hug.jpg

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Blasphemy! Kilo plates are the best plates! (But seriously, so much easier.)

ha. not when it comes to 99.29380139284710234 lbs. 

but generally, they are good.

Sorry Tuesdays are hard...must be something about Tuesdays, cause they kinda suck here too. Glad you figured out part of why they're hard so you can not beat yourself up about making accommodations. 

And since you're not able to get around much on the forums, I signed up. Thanks for the gentle nudges! I know I'll be much more aggressive about the WODs if it's "official"

YAY you are signed up! that makes me happy.

Hi lady. Love you much.

hug.jpg

love you!

401AYam.gif

RD0Jzp7.gif

omg. lulu has gifs. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 3 update (Wednesday)

rest day

WOD will either be done Sunday.

Not yet. 

1,785/ 1,974 calories

P: 119/ 155g

C: 111/ 170g

F: 98/ 75g

food was ok. low on protein. but, yay fat! i had a REALLY bad day. i'm surprised i didn't eat an entire pizza.

awful awful awful day, wednesday was. 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

ku-xlarge.png

I saw these and thought of you.  So I hope they brighten up your day!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Those are some pretty decent food numbers for it being a terrible horrible no good very bad day. Good for you for not face-planting into a pizza. Just keep your head above water!!!

tarepanda11.gif

this is adorable. it may have to be my new avatar.

It.... it's a new thing that's happening...

hahah

ku-xlarge.png

I saw these and thought of you.  So I hope they brighten up your day!

i don't know if these are so ugly, or so ugly they are cute?

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 4 update (Thursday)

Split Jerks:

33x4

53x4

73x5x4

light day, really worked on technique here. i also have a weird bruise on the palm of my hand i need to look after that i keep aggravating it when i'm doing jerks.

OHP

33x3

65x3x5

Front Squats

63x5

83x5

105x5

123x6x2

these felt stronger than saturday, which is nice. need to try and get closer to the proper percentages i programmed for this cycle. 

Banded good mornings, blue band

5 sets of 10 

WOD will either be done Sunday.

Not yet. 

1,784/ 1,974 calories

P: 173/ 155g

C: 128/ 170g

F: 76/ 75g

YAY lots of protein. i was stressing out about food yesterday. big time. glad i was able to make fairly good choices that fit my macros. i do need to watch the sodium content of chipotle lunches/dinners though...

thursday was long. full work day, then workout, then 2 hours at the box for judging 14.1. i got home and passed out.
  • Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

sofaking tired. 

but here's something.

forgive my early pull on all but one of these. sigh.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines