-Hollow body rocks

10 Shuttle Runs ~ 40 yds

10-8-6-4-2 Super Set

-BW Squats

-Pushups

-HollowBody Rocks

10 Shuttle Runs ~ 40 yds

My team of 3 did it in about 22:10

It was actually quite beautiful I think. The three of us in my team did the last 10-8-6-4-2 sets in unison. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

Ahh group workouts. I get so self-conscious. It'd be cool to do them in unison.

Group workouts should foster healthy competition while providing support. The best group sessions I've had are where I'm competing with the entire group, but when each person gets done with their part they begin cheering on the remaining ones. 

If that's not happening, it's just a whole bunch of people doing the same thing in the same room at the same time. meh. :)

• Like 1

I know I said I don't want to use NF for my brain dump, but this one doesn't fit on my blog. Feel free to move right along.

I'm a big picture person. I don't like getting entwined in nitty gritty details any more than is necessary for the big picture to occur. At the same time I've been successful because I fill voids. At Time Warner Cable, this was troubleshooting their phone product. No one could do it well, so I learned and then taught the others. That has been my modis operandi for as long as I can remember. I also don't tolerate drama well because it does not help the big picture.

In October I took a new job in Nebraska and for the first time began working with someone like me. There weren't any voids to fill, he'd already filled them. That person was my boss, now former. These last 6 months have been almost a vacation for me because I really haven't had to step up. At the same time, they've been rather dull in regards to work. Thursday and Friday have been spent making sure the remaining team has all the pieces they need to continue on, Friday was his last day. A decision had already been made that I would/will be stepping out of the Engineering side of things to focus on the Project Management side, specifically ensuring circuits get completed in a timely fashion. Friday morning was a discussion with regards to the entire network and where to go moving forwards, what problems we face, how to address them etc. 

Normally I would think this would fall under the Engineering aspect, especially considering my friend/co-worker really lauds the idea of helping to build the network for future growth. Said Co-Worker is also the Transport Engineer for the company. Instead of this discussion being a conversation between my former boss, future boss and the Transport Engineer; it was a conversation between my former boss, my future boss and myself with said co-worker only chiming in 3 times through a 4 hour discussion. Throughout the conversation both bosses were looking towards him trying to get him to jump in, but he didn't. I rationalized saying "It's okay, this is a big picture thing. He's a nitty gritty details kind of guy."

We have manufacturer trainers coming in to give an in-depth training of their equipment that we use next week. As it will not cost anything extra, pretty much anyone who is remotely close to the equipment is getting trained. My rationalization imploded when after the meeting the Transport Engineer leaned over to Future Boss and said "Why is Wufkar going to be a part of this training? She's not going to be doing any network engineering any more." 

This is not the first sign that my Co-Worker has gone into "Job protection" mode and is attempting to degrade those around him to his benefit. This is the first time I've seen it first hand. 

He is not going to step up to take those responsibilities. There will be a void now.

I'm used to being in the position where someone is attempting to throw me under the bus. I'm used to facing an uphill battle with co-workers. 

Quite honestly, I like the organized chaos that happens with these situations. I'm a big picture person, I can't sit back and just watch something collapse.  It's time to get back in the groove and let it ride. I may well be short one friend when I come out the other side, but to be frank he is not the friend I thought he was from 800 miles away. 

Also, sunset on the blueridge parkway will leave you awestruck.

I can amen to that one... that's my home :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Group workouts should foster healthy competition while providing support. The best group sessions I've had are where I'm competing with the entire group, but when each person gets done with their part they begin cheering on the remaining ones. 

If that's not happening, it's just a whole bunch of people doing the same thing in the same room at the same time. meh. :)

Meh indeed.

Sounds like you've got a bunch of work coming to you. Too bad your coworker has turned uncooperativ.

Man girly.   Wait, let me try that again with better punctuation.

Man, girly.    Sounds like a bit of a mess.  I, being a more frantic worrier sort of person, look at what you've shared and see a woman wrapping her hands and getting the gloves on.  And it is so damn cool.  You brain things so sensibly, then mount up and get ready for battle.       I really admire that.  Hell, I'm in awe of it haha.   Makes me want to try it at my job! 

I hope things settle into a Wufkar approved groove for you.   And don't worry about brain dumping here.   We like your brain!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Man girly.   Wait, let me try that again with better punctuation.

Man, girly.    Sounds like a bit of a mess.  I, being a more frantic worrier sort of person, look at what you've shared and see a woman wrapping her hands and getting the gloves on.  And it is so damn cool.  You brain things so sensibly, then mount up and get ready for battle.       I really admire that.  Hell, I'm in awe of it haha.   Makes me want to try it at my job! 

I hope things settle into a Wufkar approved groove for you.   And don't worry about brain dumping here.   We like your brain!

Be careful what you wish for, there's more up there.

Also, I just saw my Google+ 2013 re-wind and it reads like a cheap Nat Geo commercial. Also, you can't see my face. The only person in it is my mother and then me squatting next to my car.

2013 by Google +

Be careful what you wish for, there's more up there.

Also, I just saw my Google+ 2013 re-wind and it reads like a cheap Nat Geo commercial. Also, you can't see my face. The only person in it is my mother and then me squatting next to my car.

2013 by Google +

well of you posted pictures of more than just the one trip....

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

** Warning: Hippie style brain dump ahead **

When my mind becomes cluttered or clouded I usually go find a quiet spot in nature to just sit and exist. Specifically around something that makes me realize "This too shall pass and we will still be here." It lets me know that whatever I'm dealing with, it's not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Growing up in South West Ohio and living in Columbus, I was really never that far away from the luscious Ohio River Valley. The smell of clay wet from the streams or creeks running faster after a spring thaw, or the metallic tinge coming off the rocks from the water in a morning dew. Raw pine sharp in your nostrils as a reminder that winter is over but the pine trees are still here. The cold unyielding feeling you get beneath you when you sit and let your feet dangle off a small bluff. All these things have served to scale whatever problems I'm facing into a more realistic scenario.

Lincoln, Nebraska has none of those things. So far as I've gone, I have yet to see a tree over 80 years old or really an outcropping of trees that you could even get lost in. The wind is constantly blowing as if to say "I may be different tomorrow, just wait and see!" At the same time the wind is whistling in your ears drowning out the sounds of any other life or creature. It's an incredibly isolating feeling. "No one knows you're here and never will." 

I feel no connection with this land, it feels lifeless, used up and tired. I can't fix it, I can only watch as people migrate to these parks looking for solace but have forgotten what it means. I can almost see it on their faces "Oh, is this what they talk about? This is bland and mundane."

I do not think I'm long for Nebraska, at least not this section of it. I need to find a place where I can go outside and simply breathe in the land and get lost in it. I've been told that North West Nebraska is "God's Country". One of these weekends, I may just have to go and see if there is a reset button for me there.

** Hippie style brain dump concluded **

• Like 1

Match 10, 2014 Workout log
Back squats
1x10x45
2x4x65
2x4x75
2x4x85

5 rounds for time
-5 hang cleans 30#
-10 front squats 30#
-15 box steps 20" (right leg 8, left 7)

Time: 10:35

Lots of extra hang cleans because I kept forgetting I needed the bar in the rack position for front squats. Pretty sure I did 7 hang cleans twice, or thrice.

Disparity in reps on box steps was intentional, well, putting them all on the right leg was intentional. Right glute is weaker than the left.

Also, first time doing any cleans. The hip drive needs work, I keep landing with my hips further forwards.

Challenge Week 2 Recap

Goal: Run 1.5Mi Non-stop

Plan: Couch to 5k program 3x per week

Actual: I’m gonna have to adjust this plan me thinks. Again, only did C25k once this week.. but Alex claimed two of my cardio days and he’s not a distance guy. I’m going with 100% for week 1 and 2 on this

Goal: 2 Freestanding Handstand

Plan: 5min 3x a week

Actual: 1/3 :S

Goal 3: Eat to my Macros

Plan: Cal/C/P/F  1500 / 150g / 113g/ 50g

Actual: 5/7 is what I would go with. Thursday and Friday were destroyed. Totally.

Side Quests

Remedial Spanish 3x/week 0/3 ß k if this is going to happen, I’m going to have to do it in one lump on the way to Ice Skating

Cleaner home: 5/7 ß Tis cleaner than last week, but not 5min a day.

Stretch Daily/Meditate: 4/7 ß really? This isn’t that hard Wuf. Get it together.

Write my Childhood story book: 0/1 ß I don’t consider this a fail. I needed to have some reset time this weekend where I didn’t have anything I HAD to do. Tally wise though, it’s a 0

Tally for the week

6 Workouts

·         3 Strength

·         2 Cardio (1 LSD, one Metcon)

·         1 HIIT

Ice Skating – Successful! Might be level 3 this week!

Eating – Could be better, needs to be better. Focus Wuf, Focus. J

And Gif-age, because it's been lacking on my part.

WpgzKkU.gif

yzYSRQt.gif

"King of the mountain!!!! Dammit.. guys we can't all be here together! It's my turn!"

Your workouts sound like they're becoming more structured and crossfitish - how are you enjoying it so far?

They definitely are, but that's what I get for locking the crossfit guy as my trainer.

I'm liking it to be honest. It's challenging me enough that I'm not usually looking for more to do

Please excuse any errors. The monkeys are slacking

Ahhh I hate office politics.  In my old office some people were CONSTANTLY throwing each other under the bus.  It makes for such a stressful and unproductive work environment.  Glad you're not feeling too stressed about it :)  And don't worry about the brain dumps, brains are good.

I want one of those goat toys for my back yard. 

Also good job last week :) Here comes week 3!

tumblr_n1z0lbc7WF1qdb83ao1_250.gif

• Like 1

I like your hippy place.   I travel, a lot, or try to  (19 of 58 NP's in the last 7 years!)  And I'm a mountain girl trapped in a suburb body.    The winters wreak especial havoc on me because I can't find those moments, ever.   So I think I get what you mean.   I need to learn how to figure it out.  Because I think then, I could be unstoppable.

Please keep more braining.   I, like Raxie, enjoy it.

tumblr_inline_mqrm3eO0R51qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

.. I love you guys. You're awesome.
1ViBlW7.gif
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for getting rid of a super sore throat, I'm all..eyes.

I didn't go running with Sammy today because of it. Swollen lymph nodes and all that. I took a hot bath and feel somewhat better but like there's a weight in my throat. :/

Depending on how I feel later, I may try to run this evening. Idk.

Phv9yQO.gif

I think I'm going to work from home to be nearer my hot teas. 

I like your hippy place.   I travel, a lot, or try to  (19 of 58 NP's in the last 7 years!)  And I'm a mountain girl trapped in a suburb body.    The winters wreak especial havoc on me because I can't find those moments, ever.   So I think I get what you mean.   I need to learn how to figure it out.  Because I think then, I could be unstoppable.

Please keep more braining.   I, like Raxie, enjoy it.

tumblr_inline_mqrm3eO0R51qz4rgp.gif

We need to figure this out, then we can be ninjabear level

zYCeDMB.gif

Ahhh I hate office politics.  In my old office some people were CONSTANTLY throwing each other under the bus.  It makes for such a stressful and unproductive work environment.  Glad you're not feeling too stressed about it :)  And don't worry about the brain dumps, brains are good.

I want one of those goat toys for my back yard. 

Also good job last week :) Here comes week 3!

tumblr_n1z0lbc7WF1qdb83ao1_250.gif

Honestly, yesterday I was quite stressed about the new decision where we're all self-managed. Which to me says "Oh yay.. I get to do more work and have no one notice. fantastic."

SYimyqy.gif

Sammy dragged me out and I completely ate up her evening. She made me feel better though and I appreciate it :)

My Sore Throat Remedy: Gargle with salt water several times, as much as you can tolerate, several times per day.  800mg Motrin every 6-8 hours. Hot toddy before bedtime.  If the hot toddy isn't available, hot tea with honey and lemon.  Always makes me feel better anyway.  

Human Warrior

Non nobis, Domine. Sed nomine tuo da gloriam.

Warrior: Battle Log | Old Battle Log | #1, #2, #3, #4

First Warrior/Ranger Battle Log

Benny!!   Love Benny.

I agree with Cort.   Luke warm salt water gargle.   Also hot tea and lemon.  Yup yup.

Feel better Wufkar!  

Hmm.  Since you are feeling under the weather, I will be Gold Star enough for BOTH of us tomorrow?  Ok?  

Because honestly I am still tumbling down the hill with this last slide, and it's no bueno.

the-princess-bride14.jpg

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

You best be my gold star.. Cus I'm clearly death warmed over here.

Benny is awesome. Best facial expressions ever!

3/12/14 workout log

Bench press

1x10x45

5x5x75

3RFT

- 15 push press 40#

-20 Kb swings 30#

-40 bw squats

Time: 14:57

S5Sji5J.gif

I actually stepped down the Kb weight cus of how I'm feeling but even then I got very light headed half way through round two of the push presses. I did get every rep, but gah, damn near torture. Salt water gargled this morning and bringing hot teas to work. 

Awwwww Wuf!   Fight those germs, fight 'em, fight 'em!    I will gold star for you today.   Promise promise.

Try to take it easy and get lots of rest.  Better to go easy now, recover, and be back on track, than to try and push through it too hard and extend the down time!

Also - I might try My Fitness Pal again.   What breakdown on macros you think I should aim for?  Just loosely?

(Also also, F U MFP.  I should NOT weight 127lbs.  Helllloo.  I have muscle.)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines