Never Tell Me The Odds: Today = +245 & hit more than 3x10 DB Pushups

Fuzzball: 5 Minutes Handstand Practice on the grass outside

Today = +2.5 points

Going to post a full write up of the week tomorrow. So far I've logged 7.54 Km of my targeted 12 Km, so after pulling a 5K tomorrow I should be well past it. I just hope that we don't get the rain we've been having the last couple of days again tomorrow. Either way I'm running. Not going to scrap this challenge just because of some rain.

Didn't think that the hardest part of this challenge would be finding time to work on my life quest (Be Creative) and logging my results here. Seriously, those are the hardest parts!

When I got to day 1, I thought about changing the Fuzzball quest, as it seemed kinda dumb and more of a fun quest than a challenging one. Now after several days of it, I can feel myself getting stronger, and drawing on that new strength more and more. Plus I'm really enjoying it, and it's something interesting to talk about with friends. Hopefully they don't call me out and make me do it on the spot. I'm not one for public displays...yet.

• Like 2

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Week 1 summary (March 2nd) Strong enough to pull the ears of a Gundark!

Main Quest:

I am currently at 224.2 lbs (as of 3/2/14)

That's 34.95 % to goal. 24.2 lbs left to loose.

Mini Quests:

Never tell me the odds
470 / 3,720 reps of Squats/Push-Ups/Lunges/Row
Bonus: 1 Set Dumbbell Row Push-Ups (3x10 w/ 10lb weights)
+2 points

Kessel Run
Ran 12.56 K / 12K
Bonus: 3 Runs before work MWF
+5 points

Laugh it up, Fuzzball!
6 / 7 Days of handstand practice (5 mins)
+3 points

Life Quest:
5 / 7 Days of Creativity
+2.5 points

Grade
I earned 12.5 points this week. Going to give myself a B-.

I know that I need to work on my time management, but that was largely out of my hands due to craziness at work. Skipped a workout on Thursday for this reason. Not happy with some of the diet choices I made (rice and bread were had several times), but overall I'm pushing forward towards my Master quest successfully.

Adding to my BBWW on Saturday is really being felt today, and I need to keep adding to my sets/reps/weights. Probably time to move onto the ABWW soon, but I'll need to get a box for the Step Ups and a pull up bar.

250px-Gundark_NEGAS.jpg
  • Like 3

Mangostrike

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

good first week!

you pull those ears off

• Like 1

Race: Dwarf. Class: Warrior. Level: 4 STR: 9 DEX: 4 STA: 5 CON: 7 WIS: 8 CHA: 2

Daily Quest Battle Log

Challenge 1: BBWW will be my bitch Browncoat

Challenge 2: Calling in the Cavalry Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 3: K.I.S.S. Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 4: Back in Black  C25K & Zombies, Run! Champions

Challenge 5: It's my Strong Hand

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

Had a rough day yesterday, but I'm back at it.

Hit the 600 mark today on Never tell me the odds and managed a full 3 sets of Dumbbell Push-Ups. Bonus points.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Passed 900 in Never tell me the odds.

Consistently succeeding with 3x10 sets of dumbbell push-ups. Thinking about stepping up to my adjustable dumbbells for more weight. Since they're not a fixed handle, they're much more likely to roll, meaning I'll need to be much more aware while I'm doing them so I don't fall.

Trying not to burn out too much, so I've put Laugh it up Fuzzball to the bottom of my priorities right now. Plus I doubled over on Tuesday and hurt my back a little. I guess I pushed a little too hard and went head over heels. Woops!

Since I skipped my Kessel Run on Monday, I'm only 2.45K towards the 12K. If I can't drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning I'm going to need to hit a 10K over the weekend, which is going to be real rough. Hey, It's not my fault!

• Like 3

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Haven't looked in a few days. You're doing awesome! Your potential 10k weekend could get intense though... :P

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Maybe run to somewhere and back as motivation? Like, run to a park a few miles away, chill out, run back.

There is a park nearby that I want to run to and do pull ups (if they have equipment). Unfortunately it's only a mile away.

Posting from mobile.

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Haven't looked in a few days. You're doing awesome! Your potential 10k weekend could get intense though... :P

Don't worry, I managed to get up today so it's only about a 7K. Which I think is just under twice around the reservoir. Planning on doing that Sunday if it stays dry.

Posting from mobile.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Week 2 summary (March 9th) Hear Me Baby, Hold Together.

Main Quest:

I am currently at 221.4 lbs (as of 3/9/14).

That's 42.47 % to goal. 21.4 lbs left to loose.

Mini Quests:

Never tell me the odds
950 / 3,720 reps of Squats/Push-Ups/Lunges/Row
(Hit the 600 & 900 marks this week)
Bonus: 2 Set Dumbbell Row Push-Ups (3x10 w/ 10lb weights)
+4 points

Kessel Run
Ran 13.84 K / 12K
Bonus: 2 Runs before work WF
+4 points

Laugh it up, Fuzzball!
2 / 7 Days of handstand practice (5 mins)
+1 points

Life Quest:
5 / 7 Days of Creativity
+2.5 points

Grade
Week 1: 12.5 Points.
Week 2: 11.5 Points. Going to give myself a C-.

Points to date: 24 Points

I only got in 2 BBWW workouts. Skipped running one morning (but made up for that on Sunday. Completely dropped the Handstands for much of the week.

Might try and get my handstand practice in first thing in the morning while my wife is showering. Then I don't have so much to get to in the evening.

Next weekend is going to be an on call weekend, so I need to get my miles in before then!

I tried adding in the PvP Reverse Squat Challenge for the GSPC acountabilibuddies, and also 4 "Get Low, Push Yourself" workouts for the Rangers Mini-Quest. I think the added focus took away from some of what I'm doing in my own challenge.

Regardless of the above, I'm still loosing weight at a consistent pace, so I'm right on track with my Master Quest! Rewards coming in 2 more pounds.

207968.jpg
  • Like 3

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

nice week two! looks like you're tracking good on heaps of things. having too much to do is something i realised last week when i struggled to finish it off.

Daily Quest Battle Log

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

Yahoo!

Today I managed to transition from Headstand-Tripod with my knees on my elbows, to knees in the air, and then held it for a while.

I can feel myself getting stronger, and now that the days are getting longer, it's more and more likely that I'll get outside during the week to practice.

I also managed to squeeze in a short jog this morning before work. That added to my long run yesterday and I'm hurting!

I'm feeling much better about myself and this challenge.

You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.

• Like 6

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Wahoo!! Congrats on your awesomeness.

I love the days when something that was hard is suddenly easy

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Awesome work! You're making some great progress!

Thanks!

The weather is improving here too. It is sooo nice! Good job :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing better for your mood than the sun shining! Gotta remember that Sunscreen though, I got a little burned on Sunday.

Wahoo!! Congrats on your awesomeness.

I love the days when something that was hard is suddenly easy

Definitely, I used to struggle with regular push-ups, but now I'm going really deep into them. I think it's the difference between doing them on your hands and doing them on dumbbells.

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

I've moved up to doing the Dumbbell Push-ups on my adjustable DBs rather than the fixed ones. It means that I'll be able to keep adding weight, but it also means that I need to concentrate SO much more if I don't want to fall on my face (like I almost did at the end of my 3rd set today).

I added Burpees into my workout, and I'm going to count them towards Never Tell Me The Odds since they're squats/push-ups combined. But I'll only count them once! Thanks to this, I passed 1200 today, I need to do at least 2 more workouts this week to stay on track for this goal.

Since I've got a more relaxed work schedule tomorrow I'm going to try for a slightly longer run in the morning, but as I'm already very sore, I don't know how that's going to work out...we will see.

• Like 3

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

NIce handstand progress. What is your plan for the coffee table build?

I'm using some plans that I got from Ana-White.com that I thought weren't too difficult.

Right now I'm trying to make sure that the table top comes out correctly, and that's taking more time than I thought. Plus my weekend's haven't exactly been empty lately.

To go:

Attach all 2x4 table top boards with pocket holes.

Cut to uniform edge & attach the breadboard ends.

Attach the base to the table top.

Sand properly.

Stain.

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines