Why not go all out?

Why not?

So the grandparents were visiting over the weekend...got zero workouts in and ate lots of dessert. Then today had a LOUSY workout. Managed one snatch rep at a weight I used to use during my warm-up. Gave up on snatch work and did CrossFit Open workout 14.1. Have I ever mentioned how much I revile double unders? Only threw my rope once and I consider that a minor victory.

Grouchy now.

Figuring out how to punish my body tomorrow for letting me down today. Christina might do the trick...

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I can't remember if you guys follow LoD's thread, but she's grouchy about the double unders these days too! I don't really jump rope but you guys don't make me want to start :-)  Going to have to watch a lot of Rocky before it will seem cool again.

I get totally annoyed when life interferes with my exercise plans, but hopefully you got to spend some good time with your grandparents.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I get totally annoyed when life interferes with my exercise plans, but hopefully you got to spend some good time with your grandparents.

I agree and yes I did. It was good to see them.

For today...you know that one ex-girlfriend you have? You know the one, you always knew something was off, but couldn't put your finger on it until she ran off with your dad, leaving you and your mom wondering what just happened. That's Christina.

Christina:

20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of

9x pull-up

9x 135# squat clean

9x 53# (1.5 pood) kettlebell swing

9x toes-to-bar

9x 135# push press

9x burpee

3 rounds + everything except burpees in the 4th

By the end I was, as one of my CrossFit instructors once put it, breathing out of both ends.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

That sounds intense!!  Nicely done!  I don't blame you for leaving off the burpees at the end...

Oh I didn't intentionally leave them off, the time ran out.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Go all out! Today's WOD at my box:

EMOM 10x double-unders

10x bears@95 lbs.

20x burpee-box-jumps@30" box

30x wall-ball@30 lbs.

40x pull-ups

Wow, my coach is an evil fitness genius.

My time: 18:30. Brutal.

Level 5 Half-Dwarf Ranger

STR 15 - DEX 11 - STA 5 - CON 13 - WIS 13 - CHA 10

Attack Your Weaknesses!!!

Challenges: 1 (c&j) | 2 (c2b) | 3 (DU) | 4 (OHS) | 5 (DU+OHS) | Fitness Goals 2014

History...

• Started CrossFit in April 2013: 205 lbs., 0 pull-ups, 10-minute mile, 2:00 500m row, could barely air squat
  • November 2013: 175 lbs., 15 pull-ups, 8-minute mile, 1:34 row 500m, 235-lb. squat
  • December 2013: 19 rounds of Cindy, Fran 9:09
  • February 2014: DL 315, clean 175, c&j 155, snatch 125
  • March 2014: 25+ double-unders, 95-lb. overhead squat 1RM
  • April 2014: 47 DU; c&j BW@175
  • May 2014: 4x OHS@95
  • June 2014: 1:30 row 500m
  • July 2014: first muscle-up, first HSPU
  • Before and After Photos

Go all out! Today's WOD at my box:

EMOM 10x double-unders

10x bears@95 lbs.

20x burpee-box-jumps@30" box

30x wall-ball@30 lbs.

40x pull-ups

Wow, my coach is an evil fitness genius.

My time: 18:30. Brutal.

Nope. Has DUs. I'm so bad at DUs that I don't even waste my time on them.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

This morning:

5x5 back squat: 245#, 255, 255, 265, 265

5x3 weighted pull-up: +25#, +35, +45, +35, +35

3x10 GHD sit-up w/10#med ball overhead

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I'm so bad at DUs that I don't even waste my time on them.

Same here!

Looks like you're knocking out this challenge pretty well, keep it up!!

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

Last night did a set of 50 hollow rocks to finish up this weeks Ranger challenge.

Today was 14.2:

3 minutes to complete 2 sets of 10x 95# overhead squat and 10 chest to bar pull-up, if successful, 3 additional minutes to complete 2 sets of 12x each, if successful, 3 additional minutes to complete 14x each, and so on until failure.

Total reps - 110 (2 full sets, 14x OHS, 8x C2B pull-up)

Afterward, swam 100m. Wow, I am in nothing that remotely resembles swimming shape.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Today was 14.2:

3 minutes to complete 2 sets of 10x 95# overhead squat and 10 chest to bar pull-up, if successful, 3 additional minutes to complete 2 sets of 12x each, if successful, 3 additional minutes to complete 14x each, and so on until failure.

Total reps - 110 (2 full sets, 14x OHS, 8x C2B pull-up)

Well done!

Level 5 Half-Dwarf Ranger

STR 15 - DEX 11 - STA 5 - CON 13 - WIS 13 - CHA 10

Attack Your Weaknesses!!!

Challenges: 1 (c&j) | 2 (c2b) | 3 (DU) | 4 (OHS) | 5 (DU+OHS) | Fitness Goals 2014

History...

• Started CrossFit in April 2013: 205 lbs., 0 pull-ups, 10-minute mile, 2:00 500m row, could barely air squat
  • November 2013: 175 lbs., 15 pull-ups, 8-minute mile, 1:34 row 500m, 235-lb. squat
  • December 2013: 19 rounds of Cindy, Fran 9:09
  • February 2014: DL 315, clean 175, c&j 155, snatch 125
  • March 2014: 25+ double-unders, 95-lb. overhead squat 1RM
  • April 2014: 47 DU; c&j BW@175
  • May 2014: 4x OHS@95
  • June 2014: 1:30 row 500m
  • July 2014: first muscle-up, first HSPU
  • Before and After Photos

Thanks!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Had staff duty yesterday, basically involves sitting at a desk for 24 hours. Managed to get away for a little bit to do some snatch work and handstand practice.

Also read two books, including First - What it Takes to Win by Rich Froning, so that goal is now complete.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Excellent work sir!  Glad to see you progressing so well :D

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

Ooooh... I've been thinking of getting that off Amazon. Any good?

I really enjoyed it. It offers some great insight into what makes him tick. It also made me want to go work out...so I did.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Thank you, gentlemen!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Today:

3 RFT:

5x 135# sumo deadlift high-pull

5x 135# push press

5x 135# power clean

5x 135# overhead squat

Time = 8:45

followed by a flexed arm hang (fail at 41 seconds) - training for the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge

It was supposed to be 5 rounds instead of 3, but I weanied out. That means I'll have to kick my butt tomorrow.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

This morning I met Mary. Mary is a fun gal...

Mary = 20 minute AMRAP of:

5x handstand push-up

10x alternating pistol squat

15x pull-up

8 rounds + 5x HSPU + 6x pistol

Totals:

45 HSPU

86 pistols

120 pull-ups

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines