Why not go all out?

Why not?

She sounds like a total BITCH to me :o

THAT'S not nice.

She didn't mean it, Mary...

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Walked into a bar, sat down across from a sketchy-looking fellow who goes by the name of "Griff." I didn't like the look of him and I could tell he felt the same way about me. This time we stopped at sizing each other up from across the bar...until next time...

Griff:

Run 800m

Run 400m backward

Run 800m

Run 400m backward

Time = 12:16

Quads were smoked, but I could have pushed harder on the 800m intervals. Mental note to self on that one.

Followed up with some training for the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge Test:

Shuttle sprint: start prone on ground, sprint 10m, around a cone, and back to the start, lie down and clap behind your back, repeat 5 times, after the 5th round, sprint the final 10m past the cone one more time (total distance = 110m, time = 38s)

Flexed arm hang: hang from a pull-up bar (with hands facing yourself) as long as possible = 48s, should be better next time since I did 120 pull-ups yesterday

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

This morning ran around 2.4 miles with a couple sizable hills in 18:29

This evening did 1x 20 back squat at 225# cue headache and hamstrings seizing up. First time ever going for 20 :P

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

What do you think about the backward running? We do shorter backward running intervals on the track sometimes. I can't decide if it's worth it or not.

I like it for that workout because it gives me a rest from the cardiovascular-intensive aspect, while still smoking my quads. I think it's useful when employed in a complementary fashion.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Today:

5x1 shoulder press: 155#, 155, 155, 155, 155

Followed by 50 burpees for time because, well, burpees.

Time = 2:31

First time doing singles for shoulder press (OHP) in about 8 months, so I'm going to have to work my way back up. Burpees have fallen off a bit, my previous time was 2:26, but this was also right after shoulder press, so I'm not too unhappy with it.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Morning:

Ascending and descending ladder of pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, and squats, with a 100m shuttle run (25m intervals) between each round, also, round 1 = 1x pull-up, 2x push-up, 3x sit-up, 4x squat.

Each round, I multiplied the round number by those numbers (round 2 = 2x pull-up, 4x push-up, 6x sit-up, 8x squat)

Totals = 64 pull-ups, 128 push-ups, 192 sit-ups, 256 squats, and 1500m of shuttle runs

Evening:

CrossFit Open workout 14.3

8 minutes to complete as many reps as possible of:

10x 135# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

15x 185# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

20x 225# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

25x 275# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

30x 315# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

35x 365# deadlift

15x 24" box jump

Got to 103 reps, 13 reps into the 275# deadlifts. My back is angry.

I have a lot going on in upcoming weeks, between a research paper for my Advanced Seminar as well as homework and studying for my last month of class. Balancing work, family time, workouts, and sleep is going to be tough. Wish me luck.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Well it's looking like the unsupported HSPU and the snatch PR probably will not happen this challenge, but I still have hope for the 5k. That said, I will, of course, continue snatch and handstand practice.

Today:

Snatch work:

7x1 snatch - 155#, 155, 155, 165, 165, 155, 155

Better than last session, but still not nearly where I was back in September. Made some improvements in technique though (I think, based on feel), so that's progress.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I've been reading through your thread. What you do is impressive. I don't have any other words for your work. Impressive.

Congrats!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Thanks, guys :)

Today I ran a treadmill 5k. Time was 21:34. I should've been able to gut out a better time though. Will try again soon. Running at 4900 ft is definitely more of a challenge...

Followed it up with 3x3 weighted pull-ups (+35#) and handstand practice.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Today:

5x3 one-and-a-quarter pause squats (squat butt-to-ground, pause 2-3 seconds, come up just past parallel, go back down, come all the way up) at 225#

Followed up with some pool time. Decided I need to swim more.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Rest day yesterday, played some football, but nothing more.

Today completed workout 14.4 of the CrossFit Open:

14 minute AMRAP of:

60 calorie row

50x toes to bar

40x wall ball shot (20# med ball, 10 ft target)

30x 135# clean

20x muscle up

Managed to get through 180 reps (completed all but the muscle ups).

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Doubled up today, snatch work followed by some push jerks:

Snatch: 135#, 145, 155, 165, 170, 175

Cheated on the last two (dropped my left knee to the ground and basically did an overhead lunge to get them up), but on the positive side, it's the heaviest I've snatched since September.

Push jerk rep scheme: 5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1

175-175-185-185-185-200-200-200-200-200

Bothered my chest and shoulder a bit...going to have to figure out how to fix those issues at some point.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Thanks, Ms. Warrior Princess!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

You ran your 5k in 4min 10 sec faster than me!  Granted that is the first time I have run that far in years.  But good job non the less!  

Thanks, and well done yourself!

Busy morning this morning:

5x5 deadlift - 275#, 275, 275, 295, 295 (I tend to suffer form breakdowns on deadlifts for reps, so I have to keep the weight relatively low)

"Jack"

20 min AMRAP of...

10x 115# push press

10x 2 pood (70#) kettlebell swing (was supposed to be 1.5 pood, but someone had taken that one already)

10x 24" box jump

Result:

7 rounds + 10 push press + 10 KB swing + 5 box jump

Swam 100m with clothes on in 2:46

I've added a new goal for two weeks from now: earn the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge in gold. I will have to do the following: 110m shuttle run (drop to the ground and clap behind your back every 20m) in 43s, flexed arm hang for 65s, run 1000m in 3:45, swim 100m in uniform in 4:00, take off uniform while treading water, score 6/6 on pistol marksmanship at 25m, ruck march 12km in 2 hours with a 35# pack.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Game recognize game, Army. /hattip

Edit: I'm half tempted to steal borrow the goals of the gold badge for my next challenge.

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines