Why not go all out?

Why not?

The wife bought me a new mountain bike today :D it feels SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD ONE!

• Like 3

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Today = least satisfying PR of all time.

Hit 180# in the snatch, so that takes care of another goal just in time. Strangely, couldn't hit a single other snatch. Might be related to shifting my grip slightly wider.

Did 5x1 200# power clean because I had to feel like I did something. Why 200? That's all the plates I had out and I didn't feel like going to get more :P

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Thank you for the drills. I'll play with these a bit and see what I can figure out. 

I read about the kipping pull-ups and am very interested. I think they might really help me progress to being able to do one...eventually :-) Thanks for talking about them.

Happy to be of assistance, hope it helps!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Today was parts 1 and 2 of the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge test.

Part 1, Basic Fitness Test: 110m shuttle run, flexed arm hang, 1k run

Gold standards: shuttle run - 42s, flexed arm hang - 65s, 1k - 3:45

My scores: 37.4s, 66s, 3:40

Result: on track for gold

Part 2, swim test: completed the 100m swim (in uniform) in 3:15, max time was 4:00, then completed the stripping off of said uniform in the pool while treading water

Result: "go", still on track for gold

Friday = 7.5 mile ruck march with 15kg pack in 2 hours or less required for gold

Saturday = pistol marksmanship, 25m targets, 6/6 required for gold

• Like 3

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Nice work! It's been forever since I had to swim n full clothes but from the way I recall it, that sounds especially difficult. Assuming you're decent with a pistol, you can nail this.

Shot 28/30 on my last qualification with a pistol, but I've never fired from the kneel or prone before, so that will be an adventure.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Continuing this until Saturday, when I'll complete the GAFB testing.

Yesterday: "Jackie"

1000m row

50x 45# thruster

30x pull-up

Time = 7:40

Tomorrow is my GAFB ruck march: 7.5 miles in under 2 hours. Our goal is 1.75 hrs.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Ruck completed in 1:25, 35 minutes faster than gold standard. Averaged just over 11 minutes per mile.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Shot 6/6 today. The gold is mine!

Also pulled off an unsupported handstand pushup earlier this week, but I can't get it consistently yet, so I'm not sure if I want to count it.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines