Waanie's challenge to build confidence

Waanie

Thanks pattycake! The meds make HUGE difference, I feel much better every day and I recover from being tired much faster now. I'm definitely not there yet, but I believe that I will get better now.

I ought to do the BBWW now, since I've only done it Tuesday this week. I suppose working out in the morning is still much easier for me than in the afternoon or evening, so I have to keep that in mind in the future. I will add chair dips to my BBWW today, so that I can progress a bit every time. The BBWW is very doable for me now, and I'm feeling better mentally, so I really must add a small adaption every time.

I want to thank everyone that supported me in the past few weeks, you guys and my challenge really helped me to pull through!

• Like 1

Blargh, my knee seems to be injured. It hurts wen I'm near the 90 degrees in a squat or lunge, so I skipped those exercises today. My arms though! I did not think that adding 5 chair dips and a shorter recovery time would leave me with arms that are so sore. Next time, I'll add 5s in my planks, making it 20s instead of 15s :).

• Like 2

It's always nice to have a bag of peas in the freezer, it works amazingly well for cooling :). Today my left knee still hurt a little during the squats and lunges, so I did not a full set of them, but I stopped when my knee started to hurt.

Anyway, I did it, I completed the first half of my challenge and I'll turn lvl 1 by midnight :). I baked a Jewish egg bread from a recipe from pattycake, and it turned out wonderful, a crispy outside and a very soft inside. I love it. I could do my yoga from the 30 day challenge at my sofa today, which is weird but also kinda cool. It did not really feel like yoga, but I took 10 minutes to concentrate on my body only, so it counts for me.

I'm glad I manage to stay positive, it is not nearly as easy as it seems ;).

• Like 1

Today I started tracking my food and exercise with MyFitnessPal. Although I have not even completed 1 day, I can already draw some conclusions:

- There's a lot of calories in chocolate. Of course, I knew this, but actually seeing the numbers makes it easier to eat not all the chocolate at once. Getting half of my calories out of chocolate is maybe not very healthy ^^.

- It is easier to clean if I get some "points" (aka kcal) for it. Cleaning gives me 4 kcal per minute, so I know I may eat more if I clean more. Of course, there are more efficient ways to earn these kcal, but cleaning 5-10 minutes several times a day costs almost no time, gives me points and results in a cleaner house, which is good for my and my bf's mood.

- There's many ways to score some kcal, so it feels like a game to earn a lot of kcal every day. Unfortunately, it does not compute the amount of kcal burned resulting from strength training.

- Searching for activities/food is easier in english than in my mother tongue. I just can't find some activities when I search in dutch, but they pop up (even in dutch) if I search in english. Weird, but okay. My english vocabulary is big enough, and there's always google translate.

That's it for now. I must be careful to not become obsessed, but I think that will be alright. It's likely I'll drop this after a few days or maybe weeks, but even for a few days it is good to see what I'm eating and to have fun with the activity-points. As long as I have fun with it, it is good for me :).

• Like 2

You can add me on there if you like! My name is Naaria :)

So great to see you trying out new things and testing what works and what doesn't. I find it a lot of fun, actually, to fill in the MFP stuff. I hope you have fun with it too! Keep it up <3

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

Thanks! I like filling it in and it is funny to see that it is quite easy to "earn" 700 kcal a day, while my basic value is only 1660. Apparently, my lifestyle includes exercising a lot :).

This afternoon I'm going to do the adapted BBWW again, this time I'm going from 5 to 7 chair-dips. I hope my knee is healed and I can do all the leg-stuff again, but we'll see. I have not had any pain in daily life, so at least I stopped exercising in time.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I could still not do squats and lunges. Does anyone know some quad exercises that do not involve bending the knee 90 degrees (pi/2 for the math-nerds here)? I bike a lot, but I still think it is good thing to have some explosive exercises instead of an exercise that is more cardio than strength.

Looking at my first results at myfitnesspal, I'm not surprised anymore that it's not very difficult for me to have a constant weight. Apparently I burn a lot of calories with lifestyle-only and my normal meals are not very dense in calories. If I'd eat as I think I should, without snacks, I should lose weight easily. However, since I love my snacks, not every day is a day with a calorie-deficit for me.

http://yogadoctors.com/DrEdenGoldmanBlog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/8_24_YJ-CHAIR-POSE-LONG-HOLD.jpg ?! With less knee-bendage? If you hold it long even with only-slightly-bent-knees you'll really feel the burn!! You can also get some extra stretching on by doing this!

http://www.onlineyogaguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/118-yoga.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

I love snacks too! If you learn how to live without them, please share your knowledge!

Likewise! At the moment, all snacks in the house are eaten, so today was my first day without snacking again. It will be hard to not buy any chocolate or cookies tomorrow, but I think I'll manage.

This week was a crappy week for working out. I had a lot of lady-cramps and my knees still hurt. I skipped one workout and did easy yoga this week. I'm also getting demotivated, so it is very hard for me to keep going. I hope next week will be better!

I'm also getting demotivated, so it is very hard for me to keep going. I hope next week will be better!

Oh no! I hope things pick up as well. Hopefully your knee is healing well. Take it slow, and work on your upper body strength and cardio (eg shadow boxing) for now.

• Like 1

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Do something new, fun and exciting to get you motivated again! Spring is a lazy time.. it gets all comfortable and whatnot. But I totally feel ya.. I can feel myself slipping and it's a little worriesome, but it happens to everyone I'm sure and we just have to chug along and get through it!

You've been doing great so far! Keep it up!

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Thanks! I updated my strength routine, I now do chair pose instead of squats, shoulder bridges instead of lunges and crow-pose instead of bridge. So I have still 5 exercises, most of which are for several muscle groups. I like my current routine, I think I'll stay with the 5 exercises for the rest of this challenge. It does not require a lot of will power to get started and I can still see progression.

Also, my bf told me today that I seem more tight and muscular to him, so my workouts are paying off :). I'm still fully on track this week, so I'm back again!

• Like 2

Likewise! At the moment, all snacks in the house are eaten, so today was my first day without snacking again. It will be hard to not buy any chocolate or cookies tomorrow, but I think I'll manage.

This week was a crappy week for working out. I had a lot of lady-cramps and my knees still hurt. I skipped one workout and did easy yoga this week. I'm also getting demotivated, so it is very hard for me to keep going. I hope next week will be better!

You definitely will have a better week coming!

I experienced knee pains too (doing squats and lunges), it will get better leaving the squats for now. Getting injured is not the goal.

You've done great, so don't give up! Just keep thinking of how awesome and proud you will feel once you've reached your goals. Every little step takes you in the right direction. :)

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Looks like you are doing great so far. :D I understand wanting to do more exercise than your joints will allow. You made a good decision, by not overworking your joints now you can actually go farther in your strength training later.

I like the idea of baking your own bread as a goal. You know every ingredient that went in it. Plus, it tastes better than the stuff you buy from the grocery store.

Keep the updates coming. You're doing awesome!

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines