Ravnos' Remotivation Challenge

ravnos

Trying something new this challenge. As the intro song suggests, I've been having trouble seeing the forest through the trees lately, and it's time for me to refocus and remotivate myself - remind myself why I'm doing what I do and get back on track for my goals. Lately it's just been a struggle to care about some things.

So this challenge we are going to kick the Caring back into gear and remind ourself what it is we do the things that we do for.

Main Quest: Drop to 8% BF, 32" waist.

This continues to be my overarching body goal. I'm getting pretty close, but this challenge I am adding an addition to it. I also adjusted the BF% goal from 6 to 8 percent... just because. The addition is - Squat 1.5x Bodyweight, Deadlift 2x bodyweight. OHP, Bench and Row 1x bodyweight.

In order to hit this goal I am driving forward with several sub goals, which will be worked into this challenge.

• Steadily increase my Squat, Deadlift and Pull Ups in weight and number.
  • Do Salmon Ladder Pull-Ups. Because... seriously.
  • I also want to, eventually, get my mile-run speed down to 7 minutes solid.

arrow-2a-arrowgifs.gif

Two things to keep in mind as we go into this challenge: PAX East happens during the break after this challenge and the snow should be melting/warmer weather occurring. To this end I need to work more outdoor training in as the challenge progresses.

Quest 1: Strength of the waterfall [sTR]

Continue Stronglifts 5x5. I made some impressive progress last challenge, I need to keep it up. Possible 3/3 points each week. Starting lifts:

• Squat: 130 lb
  • Bench: 110 lb
  • OHP: 90 lb
  • Row: 110 lb
  • Deadlift: 185 lb

Lifting goals by end of Challenge:

• Squat: 215 lb
  • Bench: 150 lb
  • OHP: 130 lb
  • Row: 150 lb
  • Deadlift: 265 lb

Quest 2: Steady as the mountain, Flexible as the sapling [CON + DEX]

Strength has to be build on a solid foundation, or there is no true power behind it. In order to develop my foundation, I need to focus on two things: Health and Mobility. This is a two-fold quest to focus on both my diet and my flexibility. This means maintaining my primal diet throughout the challenge (7/7 possible points each week), and performing 10 minutes of yoga each workout day (3/3 points per week).

In addition, I also have to eat enough calories to continue building strength. Minimum of 1850 calories a day.

Quest 3: Calm as the lake [WIS]

Last challenge I focused on writing more often and meditating. I succeeded with writing but failed miserably with the meditation, so I'm simplifying this challenge and focusing solely on the meditation. Meditate twice a week, that's it.

Side Quest: Visit and attend the Greater Boston Zen Center once a week - No points lost if I don't achieve this. +1 if I do for at least half the challenge (3 out of 6 weeks).

Life Quest: Return to my roots [CHA]

I've always been a musical person. I find a lot of my center in listening to and performing music. I've been neglecting songwriting for my band lately in favor of other things (one of them being fitness). I need to get back into. Plus my bandmates are giving my shit for not writing lyrics to a song that has been finished for 3 months now, haha. I need to finish two songs before the end of the challenge.

Bonus: +1 point if I have them both finished by the end of week 3, another +1 if I write more than two by the end of the challenge.

Bonus Quest: Defeat the demon [ALL]

Participating in a dungeon-crawl style side quest with my accountabilibuddies, I will need to participate in each week's side-quest, and will award points based on those goals for this part of my own challenge. I will update this with a link when it becomes available.

In addition to these quests that I will be undertaking over the next six weeks, I'm also going to revisit and present myself with a weekly goal at the start of each week. This will keep my focused and help me adjust my efforts for maximum benefit.

Let the games begin.

• Like 3

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Hey there friend! Can't wait to see all your progress! This looks like a great challenge for you! 

And those Salmon Ladder Pull Ups...nuts...totally nuts!! Kudos to you for the goal! Can't wait to see how you do with those! 

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Ongoing Battle Log: My Quest for PRs and Endorphins

Hey there friend! Can't wait to see all your progress! This looks like a great challenge for you! 

And those Salmon Ladder Pull Ups...nuts...totally nuts!! Kudos to you for the goal! Can't wait to see how you do with those! 

My plan is to build a couple pieces of gym equipment in my backyard this summer. A salmon ladder setup is part of that plan.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

My plan is to build a couple pieces of gym equipment in my backyard this summer. A salmon ladder setup is part of that plan.

Very nice! We've talked about building an outdoor gym in our backyard too (we have a HUGE backyard that we really aren't using). I'd love to get some battling ropes, giant tires & other random stuff back there. That salmon ladder is daunting though - we've seen the guy do them on Arrow....that guy is a beast! 

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Very nice! We've talked about building an outdoor gym in our backyard too (we have a HUGE backyard that we really aren't using). I'd love to get some battling ropes, giant tires & other random stuff back there. That salmon ladder is daunting though - we've seen the guy do them on Arrow....that guy is a beast! 

That's my plan as well.

And yeah, he's my inspiration haha.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

That's my plan as well.

And yeah, he's my inspiration haha.

Awesome! Definitely post pics as your backyard develops! I'm hoping to find the time to attack ours this year, but with work & school full time I'm not sure it will happen  :grumpy:

And I can see why he's an inspiration....he's definitely awesome! His acrobatics make me want to try out a local parkour gym as well...the way he flips around & over stuff is just super cool!

arrow-stephen-amell-pilot_article_story_

• Like 1

Salmon ladder pull ups look....insane.

Good luck with all your goals, they sound awesome :D

Also, so jealous. I would LOVE to go to PAX...living in England however, not so easy, but one day...one day I'll get there :D

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Ah, I see you are in the Forest of Doubts.

Followed again. I gotta get my thread up and going.

internet SUCKS!

That sounds ominously like something I may have to battle during the RPG mini challenge...

Salmon ladder pull ups look....insane.

Good luck with all your goals, they sound awesome :D

Also, so jealous. I would LOVE to go to PAX...living in England however, not so easy, but one day...one day I'll get there :D

PAX is so fucking worth it. Europe will probably be the next place they expand to honestly, now that PAX AUS has taken off...

I am now going to have to watch Arrow!

Do it.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

I am here for you mate. Those Salmon ladder pull ups look insane. Links to your music?

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I am here for you mate. Those Salmon ladder pull ups look insane. Links to your music?

We don't have anything online yet. Trust me, I will post it here when we do (which should be soonish).

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Excellent.  Arrow is definitely worth watching - but I saw those salmon ladders for the first time on American Ninja Warriors - wow!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Man, this looks like a fantastic challenge! I'll be excited to see your progress to Arrow-level awesomeness! Stephen Amell inspired one of my goals this challenge, too.

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Excellent.  Arrow is definitely worth watching - but I saw those salmon ladders for the first time on American Ninja Warriors - wow!!

Agreed - Ninja Warrior is crazy! All those guys make those courses look SO easy!! They totally make me think "I can totally do that" :playful:  

Awesome set of goals!  Will you post a video of you doing those salmon ladders? =)  That is freaking epic looking!

When I can do them, I definitely will. Because I'm like that, I'll probably post some fail videos too haha.

Man, this looks like a fantastic challenge! I'll be excited to see your progress to Arrow-level awesomeness! Stephen Amell inspired one of my goals this challenge, too.

I'm going to focus on pull up progressions between this and next challenge, so hopefully I'll be doing some Arrow-style workouts by the summer!

Agreed - Ninja Warrior is crazy! All those guys make those courses look SO easy!! They totally make me think "I can totally do that" :playful:  

Hahaha I know... Some of it I know I could do, other bits... not so much.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Hahaha I know... Some of it I know I could do, other bits... not so much.

HAHA! I totally agree! I think I could do some of it - but definitely not all.

Do you find yourself screaming at the TV telling the Ninja Warriors what to do?? I yell at them like I'm an expert even though they're total beasts and I can't do most of what they're doing  :playful:

• Like 2

Yeah, I can jump on the trampoline and then fall trying to grab the spider walk wall. That's about it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can jump on the trampoline and then fall trying to grab the spider walk wall. That's about it.

HAHA - yeah, I know I can climb the giant cargo nets because I did it in the Warrior Dash...but other than that, I'd probably kill myself in the attempt  :playful:

• Like 1

Started the first season of Arrow. Kinds feel like a dirty old lady drooling over his abs. I'll get over it. My step son and I had dreams of building a course like American Ninja. Maybe we can do a couple things this summer. I think I will work on doing a single pull up instead of a salmon ladder!

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines