Ravnos' Remotivation Challenge

ravnos

Mmmm MS Paint color swapping...

Tonight is normal, 4th edition D&D, in which I play a Tiefling Warlock, we're playing Tomb of Horrors as a bit of a side quest from our normal campaign. We're level 22 though >.> My Warlock is more or less unkillable and I deal damage in the hundreds on crits... it's a little broken. But you have to be broken when you're fighting against the avatars of gods.

you play a tiefling warlock! I used to play a Tiefling ShadowDancer! hahahaha Tieflings are the shit, especially when you don't have to worry about charisma (or you can be vane...like me, and take the ability (Perk?) that allows you to use your exotic lineage to increase your charisma instead of decrease) like I said, Tiefling shadowdancer prestige for a ranger/rogue hybrid with spiked chain profriciency? my awesome broke your campaign

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Tonight is normal, 4th edition D&D, in which I play a Tiefling Warlock, we're playing Tomb of Horrors as a bit of a side quest from our normal campaign. We're level 22 though >.> My Warlock is more or less unkillable and I deal damage in the hundreds on crits... it's a little broken. But you have to be broken when you're fighting against the avatars of gods.

I miss play D&D, I need to find a group here in the city that I live now...

I start to watch Arrow before I saw yours goals, and now I'm addicted to it! The best part is that he is a kind of hero without superpowers!

• Like 2

Very impressive goals you've got there! Especially the BF% and salmon ladders :P

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Amazing Challenge you have here, Ravnos! If you do wind up building a Ninja Warrior Obstacle course in your home, I'm moving in with you!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I am always commenting on how big of wusses kids are now a days.  LOL I feel so old when I say it.  Some of the things we did as kids.... I am shocked we didnt like blow up out house or something.  We always found ways to entertain ourselves instead of expecting things to entertain us.  I am always telling my kids they need to go outside more and do stuff!

Sounds fun!!  Tonight's one of the few nights when I will be home.  Going to watch Almost Human and groom the dog.  Exciting life!! ;-)

I hardly ever see kids out playing anymore.  And we have lots in the neighborhood.  Sad really.  Of course, both I and my younger brother nearly drowned in the pond behind our house back in the day, but ..... I didn't have a weight problem until a developer came in and 'dozed all the trees (and our clubhouse in the trees), the ponds, and our baseball/softball/kickball diamond. 

Gotta play more!!

I know... it's getting ridiculous. For example... we didn't have cable TV when I was growing up until I was 5 or 6, so I never got the opportunity to "just sit in front of the TV." My mother was always engaging me, reading to me (until i could read, which was at around age 4...), playing games, etc. And once we got a TV it was in her bedroom, not a common room in the house, so I still rarely watched it.

That's one thing I kind of regret, actually... I watch a good 2 hours of TV every day now... I should cut that out. Perhaps that will be a goal for next challenge.... hmmmm.

you play a tiefling warlock! I used to play a Tiefling ShadowDancer! hahahaha Tieflings are the shit, especially when you don't have to worry about charisma (or you can be vane...like me, and take the ability (Perk?) that allows you to use your exotic lineage to increase your charisma instead of decrease) like I said, Tiefling shadowdancer prestige for a ranger/rogue hybrid with spiked chain profriciency? my awesome broke your campaign

Awesome. I looooved the shadowdancer class, I'd mix it with the Dervish class from Complete Warrior, then blend in half the Complete Scoundrel book (which I swear by in 3.5).

I actually play 4E now, and they changed it so Tieflings get a +2 to Charisma by default, not a negative. It's fantastic.

I miss play D&D, I need to find a group here in the city that I live now...

I start to watch Arrow before I saw yours goals, and now I'm addicted to it! The best part is that he is a kind of hero without superpowers!

I know. It's why I like Batman as well.

Very impressive goals you've got there! Especially the BF% and salmon ladders :tongue:

Amazing Challenge you have here, Ravnos! If you do wind up building a Ninja Warrior Obstacle course in your home, I'm moving in with you!

I love your goals, you inspire me. I look forward to reading you

Thanks all!

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Alright so... Day one!

Yesterday went well. I ate way too many carbs, but it was from healthy sources, so I'll live. My workout went great, lifting more than ever. Walked the 5-ish miles to and from D&D, so I got a great slow-pace walk in. Pretty happy with my results overall from day one.

Being a Monday, I took my measurements. Weight is down, which I actually don't want anymore, so... I need to eat more foods. Fat is down a bit all over and most inch measurements stayed the same, other than waist, which is what I want, so good there.

Going to spend some time consider my eating habits and supplements, and make some changes if I can afford to, going through the rest of the week. I need to eat more, overall, but that's a struggle for me because I already eat till I'm full most days. Maybe I need to snack? We'll see... I feel like that would just make me eat less at meal times. Yesterday's food intake was about 2400 calories. My TDEE on the average day is 2374, and I'm still trying to burn fat, so I eat closer to 1900. Maybe I should push closer to 2000... but I don't know how without feeling overly full at every meal... hmmm. Will contemplate.

If anyone has suggestions here is my average daily intake of food:

• 3 eggs, half a bell pepper, a carrot, (generally 2 servings of vegetables, about) some coffee, half an avocado for breakfast.
  • mid-morning snack of greek yogurt (usually coconut), an apple or a banana (fruit, basically)
  • can of tuna with 2 tbsp of EVOO or some sausages or chicken for lunch with 3-4 servings of more veggies (usually another carrot, the other half the bell pepper I ate that morning, some olives and/or half a cucumber)
  • mid-afternoon snack - handful of cashews or almonds or some cottage cheese
  • dinner - 1/2 to a 3/4 pound of meat, be it chicken, beef, pork or fish, 4-5 servings of steamed vegetables, 1/2-1 tbsp of grassfed butter, sometimes some wild rice or 1/2 a sweet potato if it's a gym day.
  • Sometimes I'll eat a sweeter snack after dinner - some cashew butter with raisins mixed in or some organic dark chocolate.

Keep in mind, I'm full after every meal.

I also always have a protein shake immediately after my workouts 3-days a week - 1.5 scoops of whey with 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of coconut milk.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

I'd mix it with the Dervish class

I know. It's why I like Batman as well.

There's a Dervish class? Only Dervish I know is from Guild Wars.  Those hooded freaks with their scythes and shapeshifting!  Wish they were better than they are.

BatmanIceCream.jpg

He was only helping that man. He's lactose-intolerant.

nom-batman-pinkie-pie_zps8d2ed28b.gif

• Like 2

Today devolved into ignoring work and listening to viking/folk metal... and taking a nap.

Sharing is caring: Vikings Spotify Playlist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggIqAJKllXM

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Did have an interesting conversation with my mother today, however. Was explaining some fitness research I was doing to her and she asked me if I had considered getting certified and becoming a trainer/nutritionist. It came as a surprise because as soon as she mentioned it I realized how much I would enjoy getting into this field...

Time to do some research.

• Like 2

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Did have an interesting conversation with my mother today, however. Was explaining some fitness research I was doing to her and she asked me if I had considered getting certified and becoming a trainer/nutritionist. It came as a surprise because as soon as she mentioned it I realized how much I would enjoy getting into this field...

That is a genius idea since you enjoy it so much!  Hopefully turning it in to work doesnt take away the enjoyment though.

OMG poor Pinky Pie!!! =(

• Like 1

You know, the same thing happened to me several years ago! During a road trip, I was going on and on about the stuff from a Michio Kaku book I had just finished reading (Physics of the Impossible). After I finally finished, my friend was like "So... what, you're wanting to work for NASA or something?"

Up until then, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life or what I wanted out of school or anything. As soon as he made that simple comment, it was like a lightbulb instantly went off and I knew what I wanted to do.

Good luck, if that's what you decide to do. :)

• Like 2

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

That is a genius idea since you enjoy it so much!  Hopefully turning it in to work doesnt take away the enjoyment though.

OMG poor Pinky Pie!!! =(

If you do what you care about, then it doesn't seem like work.  If you feel that's what you wanna do, then got for it man.

You know, the same thing happened to me several years ago! During a road trip, I was going on and on about the stuff from a Michio Kaku book I had just finished reading (Physics of the Impossible). After I finally finished, my friend was like "So... what, you're wanting to work for NASA or something?"

Up until then, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life or what I wanted out of school or anything. As soon as he made that simple comment, it was like a lightbulb instantly went off and I knew what I wanted to do.

I've always wanted to go back to school and get my doctorate in Philosophy and teach... or write. But the former is... difficult to achieve and the latter is basically dumb luck. I think going into fitness would be a good stable thing that I'd enjoy for a really long time... and give my the foundation/time to work on the other two. We'll see. I have some looking into it to do. Basically just bookmarked a bunch of certification programs today. I'll look into them all and look into what some of the fitness people I respect have done.

• Like 2

Level 5 Viking Berserker

I don't know where that Batman/Pinkie Pie gif came from or who made it, but that was just plain funny!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

To throw an Australian quote at you; 'Have a go, ya mug!'

Check it out, see if it is going to work for you, then if it fits have a go.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hey my friend! Definitely lots of good things going on in here! I have been in your position before - someone said the exact same thing to me & it lit a fire. I've been an NCSF Certified Personal Trainer for almost 4 years now and its awesome. Unfortunately, I live in an area where its really hard to make it as an independent trainer, but I've had some amazing experiences from it. If you have any questions, I can definitely try to help you out  :highly_amused:

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Ongoing Battle Log: My Quest for PRs and Endorphins

Love Michio Kaku. Only he can go from a head to head challenge on quantum physics and relativity to why we have Déjà Vu.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I've always wanted to go back to school and get my doctorate in Philosophy and teach... or write. But the former is... difficult to achieve and the latter is basically dumb luck. I think going into fitness would be a good stable thing that I'd enjoy for a really long time... and give my the foundation/time to work on the other two. We'll see. I have some looking into it to do. Basically just bookmarked a bunch of certification programs today. I'll look into them all and look into what some of the fitness people I respect have done.

If you ever need someone to practice on..... *raises hand* pick me pick me!  =)

• Like 1

we should all watch Arrow, it's amazing, and Almost Human, we can't have Almost Human getting Fireflyed now can we? OH and Marvel Agents of S.HI.E.L.D. because Coulson is dreamy

• Like 2

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

OH and Marvel Agents of S.HI.E.L.D. because Coulson is dreamy

If only anyone besides him and Ming-Na could act on the show...

• Like 3

Level 5 Viking Berserker

If only anyone besides him and Ming-Na could act on the show...

touche....they tried to make it about the team....but it's the Coulson show....and I'm ok with that, they should just embrace it

tumblr_mbupkwcSg21qatvc7.gif

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines