Vengefulpear Eats Senzu Beans in the Medi-Chamber!

vengefulpear

Vengefulpear Eats Senzu Beans in the Medi-Chamber!

Welcome back to another awesome challenge my Assassin friends :D

i4NdWkH.jpg

Some of you may know that my shoulder is all messed up right now (well not that badly, but it's still on the mend) so this time around my challenge is going to be based around recovery, the final stages of slimming down and life goals!

This year was supposed to be the Year of the Dragon, so I went with a Dragon Ball Z theme for this! Rather than just kicking some dragon bottom... 

Damn you shoulder!

qvH8dnT.jpg

My main quest for this challenge (hopefully it wont last any longer than this challenge) is to fully recover and slowly build myself back up so I don't do myself further harm. 

Anyway! Onto the goals!

Goal 1: Eat Senzu Beans (Like a good Assassin)

Lose 6lbs  

+2 CON +1 DEX

Starting Weight: 152lbs

ceMgq4n.gif

Last time I had the same goal and managed to smash it! Yay! So this time I figure I'll do the same, as 6lbs is a good amount to lose in 6 weeks. I am getting close to where I'd like to be I think, I'm certainly nearing where my lean body mass used to be. I know that I will have lost muscle whilst not being able to workout as much as I want because of the stupid efficient body. Damn you shoulder! *shakes fist*

Now that I have successfully eaten a certain amount for a challenge, I'm going to add on to that to eat right. That's right, upping it to Hard difficulty! So here's what my dietary goals to achieve my 6lb weight loss are this time: 

• Eat 1850-1950 calories per day average (see calorie PVP)
  • Eat 80% paleo (Minimum 5 days per week)
  • Bonus Objective: Eat 100g protein per day

The bonus objective is there to hopefully minimize any more muscle loss that might occur. Hopefully with paleo that will happen anyway but we shall see!

As per usual, I'm going to throw out the calorie PVP for anyone who wants to track their calories :) The rules are simple, track your calories and see if you meet your target as an average for the week, whoever does or is the closest is declared the winner. And the overall awesome-person/winner is whoever had the most weekly wins! So I'd be honoured if anyone wants to join me :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmtRMwoMwJORdG9zYkU1TVAtSkduTXhMUHZkaFdZYXc&usp=sharing

Goal 2: Run Snake Way

+2 STA +1 DEX +1 CON

Run 650,000 miles, kidding! Actually; Run 2-3 times per week and do interval/sprint training 1-2 times per week

621282-dbz.jpg

Again this will be building on the success of my running goal from last challenge, although I do realise that some of that was down to be not being able to do strength training on its own so I just went running instead. 

I went running 3-4 times per week last challenge, mainly going for 5km runs and then some longer ones at the weekends. Now I want to add in speed training to help my stamina, fat loss and speed. To make sure I don't feel like I have to go out all the time and just run, I'm lowering the goal of normal slower runs to 2-3 instead of 3-4 and then adding in the interval training at 1-2 times per week. If I keep up with what I was doing in the last challenge then I should be able to achieve that no problemo. 

Goal 3: Stretchy Stretchy

Stretch or practice yoga every day

+3 DEX +1 STR

This goal is subject to change. But I will stretch and/or start yoga to try and keep myself limber and help along the recovery of my shoulder. Also if my shoulder keeps giving my grief after a couple of weeks of the challenge then I will be off to the doctor so this goal may change to reflect what they say. 

I'm pretty new to yoga and things so any suggestions on this front would be appreciated :D

Goal 4: Study like Gohan

Work on life goals at least 1 hour per day

+2 CHA +2 WIS

KidGohanDoingHomework.gif

Maybe not just like Gohan, but the boy did study hard! I want to add in this because I do want to kick my writing up a notch this year and we've all got loads of things we want to be able to do but never seem to get around to (right... Right?!). So I want to do them rather than just diddling time away on my computer of an evening not doing a lot. 

Life goals include but are not limited to: Writing, learning a language, researching for writing, studying on writing, practicing my guitar, meditation

And to be clear for my own benefit, practicing Smite does not count as a life goal. 

Bonus points for hitting 50,000 words written towards the book (I'm on about 8,500 now so that might be a stretch but if I actually sit down and write instead of just splooping paragraphs out every now and again I should be able to do it)

That's my challenge, then! I wish everyone the best of luck, I'm sure we can support each other and make sure that everyone achieves the very best they can :) I look forward to it :D

• Like 3

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Ooh, very similar goals to mine. Based on how well you did last challenge, I'm just going to keep trying to one up you in everything to keep myself amused and motivated. :tongue:

Good luck!

haha sounds good to me! I will take that as a challenge too! 

Level 1

High Score:

Thanks, yay I get a cheerleader squad :D I think us assassins just throw ourselves into it too much! We're too enthusiastic! 

I just checked my old thread (I do love that about posting up on these challenges that you can see what happened and when :) ) and it looks like I saw the nurse on the 10th January. She said to rest it until it's completely better, but also to ask a gym instructor because she didn't really know, my gym instructor friend said to rest it for at least 6 weeks. 

SO! 6 weeks should be up by the start of the challenge, so what I might do it slowly test it beginning with absolutely basic exercises a couple of weeks into the challenge. Like wall push ups instead of push ups, and inverted rows instead of pull ups. I think i'll leave it for a week or two extra because my shoulder still feels a bit tight. Not painful as such anymore, but like it's cramped sometimes. 

Sorry that was a bit of a wall of text :P But hopefully soon!

Level 1

High Score:

A good quest. Listen to your body and be careful with that shoulder. Rather take it slow and make steady progress - that's what makes your goals seem awesome. Good luck!

Level 3 Viking Explorer

"It's not about the goal but the journey"

Exploring the world by a little of everything and the secret weapon of... beets... and beats

STR 4 | DEX 6 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 7 | CHA 3

Current challenge: Arild goes beserk (3)

Past challenges: Going the distance (2), New adventures (1), Getting through the holiday season (0)

My daily battlelog (movescount.com)

Just make sure you don't push it TOO hard (as we apparently are all prone to do here) and slowly rehab it back! And then you'll be stealthy fit again soon :D

Glad you're almost back to full health though. Injuries are the worst. 

They really are! I am going to be really careful :) especially as I technically injured my shoulder in November and set it off again with a workout in january, so very careful this time around! 

Woo, arms! Glad to hear you should be able to start working a bit with your arms again. And if you take it slowly enough, you'll be better in no time. Well, metaphorically speaking, anyway. ;)

Absolutely :P I did see some videos of 70 year old and over bodybuilders the other day, so that actually helped put things in perspective that I can wait a few weeks, if they can start lifting at 40 and look that good!

A good quest. Listen to your body and be careful with that shoulder. Rather take it slow and make steady progress - that's what makes your goals seem awesome. Good luck!

Thank you :D Definitely, I'd rather make slow progress than quickly injure myself! Oh by the way, you have one of the best classifications! "Viking Explorer"!

Level 1

High Score:

I found you!

I need to be more involved with the Assassin's this challenge.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Wouldn't it be great if we were like starfish and we could snap something off and grow it back... but like faster than starfish. Sort of like super starfish. We would all be so lucky to be super starfish.

*batgrapple and woosh!*

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I found you!

I need to be more involved with the Assassin's this challenge.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Wouldn't it be great if we were like starfish and we could snap something off and grow it back... but like faster than starfish. Sort of like super starfish. We would all be so lucky to be super starfish.

*batgrapple and woosh!*

Man that would be awesome, kind of like a starfish wolverine? We would all be able to get so fit and healthy so quickly! :D

I love that you are writing a book! I did NaNoWriMo three times (finished once out of the three). What is your book about?

Thanks :D and that's awesome, well done! I have yet to attempt a NaNoWriMo because i'd never gotten all my notes in order in time! It's a fantasy story kind of like Redwall in that the characters are all anthropomorphic animals, but I guess I'm trying to go along the lines of the titans vs olympians thematically, but instead of titans having molten dinosaurs. You know, angry ancient evil type things, against a backdrop of a red panda emperor trying to harness said dinosaurs to hold together a splitting empire (bad idea). I'm kind of going for Redwall mixed with Malazan with titans vs olympians mixed in. So we'll see how it goes :P

Your challenge looks fantastic! I hope your recovery goes well :) Following!

Thank you Goddess :) Hopefully it will, I think I need to get more sleep and protein so I'll definitely try and work that into the challenge too!

Challenge looks great, I look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks Andador :) I look forward to seeing yours too :D

Level 1

High Score:

Alrighty then! (I watched Ace Ventura 2 last night, it was awesome) 

I weighed myself this morning, and got a whopping 152lbs, so I'm surprised I've managed to put on like 5lbs since the end of the last challenge (i've not being paying attention to food this week) but c'est la vie!

I'm hoping like last time I'll end up losing more than the 6lbs if some of it is just being bloated from poor diet or what have you. 

But now I'm all raring to go! I bought a load of courgettes today so I can make courgette noodles for dinners, which is one of the most awesome things about my spiralizer! 

Level 1

High Score:

Thanks KB Girl :) 

Vegeta is by far my favourite character! But I just didn't think he'd sit still long enough to let me base a challenge on him :P I was tempted to put this image for my food goal, but figured senzu beans were better for healing :P 

Vegeta_saiyan_eating_habits_by_mtlpwr-1-

Level 1

High Score:

ahhhhh... zucchini. I was wondering what a courgette was. Thought it might have something to do with a corgi. Then the rest of your post just sounded barbaric.

I too need a spiralizer. To the internet!

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Had a little crush om vegeta when I was young(er) ;)

Who didn't?! Rocking that pink shirt like he did :P 

ahhhhh... zucchini. I was wondering what a courgette was. Thought it might have something to do with a corgi. Then the rest of your post just sounded barbaric.

I too need a spiralizer. To the internet!

I would never do something so barbaric to the corgi! I would have the wrath of the assassins on my hands! Damn my British ways! (Don't, british ways are awesome)

I love my spiralizer so much. Homemade Sweet potato curly fries? Done. Homemade zuchinni noodles? Done. Vegetable Crisps? Done. 

Level 1

High Score:

challenge is looking awesome Pear ^^ must read everything but i just love the DB theme :D ready to watch you kick ass ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Yay for team courgette :D I actually had some courgette noodles tonight, it was awesome! 

challenge is looking awesome Pear ^^ must read everything but i just love the DB theme :D ready to watch you kick ass ^^

Level 1

High Score:

Update for Day One! 

All goals complete! Pshhhhhow! Well, as much as they can be! 

My calories came in at about 1500 (giving me some leeway for a party this weekend), I went for a nice run after which I did some stretches as per the mini-challenge and spent an hour on life tasks (about an hour of writing, a job application and doing an online writing course) 

So day 1 success! 

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines