MyLittlePony's on the road to Iceland

Paisley

It's hard to even have a calorie ballpark without tracking, which is super annoying! Tomorrow will be better!!! Fingers crossed for no snow for you and no freezing rain for us!!!

Yep - today seems to be a bit better.  Let see how we go with the tracking.  Today is looking good so far - nice blue sky - but its still only 18degF out there - hopefully it warms up a little bit so I can out.

Well done on stopping at 3 cookies. I know how hard this is to do. You are strong and awesome!

Yeah I was actually happy with that - I wanted to keep going and didn't so yeah me!

I'm right there with you on an exhausted night. That sounds a lot like my Thursday. I know my iron fluctuates/drops like crazy around shark week, so is that a possibility for you? (Though I'm guessing this isn't a new thing if you were taking iron)

Yeah shark week definitely has an impact on my iron levels, but it shouldn't be an issue right now.  I'm right in the middle of my cycle so usually this is my best time.

Week 1 Day 5 - updated throughout the day

goal 1 - Running/cardio - The goal 5km 2x /week.

nope

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Planks, Handstands, Squats

Push ups -9 done

Pull Ups - 9 done.

Hollow body Hold - 2 mins 5 sec done.

Handstands - 5 mins done

Squats - 8 mins - done

goal 3 - food.

Breakfast - yoghurt, cocoa, blueberries, granola

Lunch - chili w/ guacamole, red and green peppers tomato

afternoon tea - banana, cookies from blood bank

Dinner - chili w/guacamole

dessert - red wine

•No food after 7:30 pm - done (I'm not counting wine - that's drinking not eating!)

so the final tally for today is.

cal,      carb     fat      protein   iron    sugar

Totals   1,320    135      43         75        67      55

Goal    1,240      93      41        124      100     47

slightly over calories for today due to the packet of cookies I ate after giving blood.  I knew I should have bought along my own food but I wasn't organized enough for that so had to snack on what they had - crap....  would have like to see more protein but otherwise I'm happy enough with todays food.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - spent ages again tonight on the sweater - unfortunately most of it was spent taking it apart again and redoing a couple of rows - that'll teach me to try and knit whilst I'm tired....

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks -

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic.- nothing today.

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

With the handstands, are you doing Chris Salvato's progression? Just curious because I know he recommends 5 mins/day.

I'm not actually following anything at the moment I'm just trying to work on my balance - I can do the handstands no problem I'm just working on holding it longer than 5 or 6 sec which is my record at the moment. One day I'd like to be able to hold it for a full 10 sec or more. 

I am in awe of the length of your hollow body hold...that crap is hard!!!

That isn't jut one hold by the way - it took my about 3 or 4 attempts to get to that length of time so between 20 and 40 sec each hold.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

OK so I'm happy with today.  I ended up slightly over on calories simply because I wasn't prepared.  I went back to try and give blood again - my body obviously has no idea what its doing.  Yesterday my iron level were 12.3 - today over 13....go figure.  But because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to give I didn't bother packing snacks etc for afterwards so I had to snack on the stuff they provided - which of course is all packaged junk foods. I thought about skipping food all together but the last thing I wanted was to faint on the drive home so I just chose the best option available and accepted the 200 calorie hit.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

OK so I'm happy with today.  I ended up slightly over on calories simply because I wasn't prepared.  I went back to try and give blood again - my body obviously has no idea what its doing.  Yesterday my iron level were 12.3 - today over 13....go figure.  But because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to give I didn't bother packing snacks etc for afterwards so I had to snack on the stuff they provided - which of course is all packaged junk foods. I thought about skipping food all together but the last thing I wanted was to faint on the drive home so I just chose the best option available and accepted the 200 calorie hit.

Looks like things were still pretty close! And those protein numbers are awesome!!!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Week 1 Day 6

nope - was hoping to run but had a lazy day instead - tomorrow!

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Planks, Handstands, Squats

Push ups -10 done
Pull Ups - 10 done.
Hollow body Hold - 2 mins 10 sec done.
Handstands - 1:40 mins done - will try and finish the rest tonight
Squats - 30 mins - done

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - done (I'm not counting wine - that's drinking not eating!)

So assuming a glass of sparking red wine for tonight the final tally for today is:

cal       carbs   fat   protein  iron   sugar
Totals                1,345     113      31     70       54      39
Goal                  1,240       93      41     124    100     47

Its only the wine that takes me over my calories and I know I shouldn't have it but.....too bad

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - spent some time working on the sweater
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks -
•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic.- didn't learn any Icelandic but did spend the morning sorting out booking etc.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 1 Day 7

Yeah I finally got out for a run today. It got up to 40degF today so I figured I had to - its supposed to snow again tomorrow. I was a bit worried at first about running in the cold in my vibrams (and I refuse to wear real shoes if I can at all help it), but it turned out OK. I found a pair of toes socks to wear with them and really had no issues with my toes getting cold. So for a first run back after 6 months of no running it was certainly hard work. I managed to jog the entire 5km but it was pretty slow. I managed a time of 36 mins all up which isn't terrible, I'm more than willing to accept that for a first attempt.

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups -0 done
Pull Ups - 0 done.
Hollow body Hold - 0sec done.
Handstands - 0 mins done -
Squats - 0 mins - done

I took the day as a day of rest today - will get back to these tomorrow.

goal 3 - food.

So assuming a glass of sparking wine plus two small glass of red wine for tonight the final tally for today is:

cal    carbs     fat    protein    iron   sugar
Totals   1,465    96        63       88         51     38
Goal     1,564   117       52      156       100    59

I'm happy with that.  I'm under calories, protein is relatively high (yeah pork crackling had lots of protein - yes it has more fat but you have to take the bad with the good).  Fat was over - that was the pork crackling again - you don't seriously expect me to not eat the beautifully crisp crackling do you? but sugar was low.  Happy enough.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - spent some time working on the sweater
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - nothing
•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 1 summary

I'm going to accept the elliptical work out as a cardio workout which mean I got two workouts for the week for an A grade.

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups - 6 days done - A grade
Pull Ups - 6 done done - A grade
Hollow body Hold - 6 days done - A grade
Handstands - 5.25 days done (only did 1:40 one day) - B grade
Squats - 140 min done - A grade

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm -  7 days done - A grade

calorie wise I'm grading subjectively.  I was happy with my eating Monday and Tuesday, Wed and Thursday were fails, Fri Sat and Sun I'm considering as pass, that's 5/7 -71% which puts me in C grade category.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - 7 days done - A grade
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - one job done - A grade
•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - only 3 days - 42% F grade - need to do more on this.

A - 95-100%

B - 80-95 %

C - 75-80%

D - 60-75%

F < 60%

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Glad to see you are shaking off winter and getting back to running as well. Keep it up...

Yeah I quite enjoyed it - glad to be back at it. Hopefully I can keep it going.

Wow, looks like a great week. Keep up that momentum!

Thanks - will try to.

Good week, and a great start to the challenge!!! For perspective, your slow 5k jog is 5 minutes faster than my best 5k jog. Definitely a good starting place!

thanks - I was happy with that time - 40 mins is what I was aiming for actually I was quite surprised that I managed it in 36.

Week 2 Day 1

nothing today

Push ups - 11 done

Pull Ups - 11 done.

Hollow body Hold - 2 min 15 sec done.

Handstands - 5 mins done -

Squats - 30 mins - done

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - done

The final tally for today is:

cal       carbs         fat         protein     iron    sugar

Totals 1,105      66           49             92          40        27

Goal   1,240       93          41            124         100      47

Happy with today - Fat was slightly over but I can live with that.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - spent some time working on the sweater

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Yeah, I don't sweat my macros as long as they're within about 10g...I figure that my measuring is not always super precise, so having a margin of error is probably a good thing. 

I forget...is there a certain system you used to come up with your macro breakdown? Or did you just use MFPs goals?

Current Challenge

Week 2 Day 2 - better late than never

nothing on this front yesterday.

Push ups - 12 done
Pull Ups - 12 done.
Hollow body Hold - 2 min 20 sec done.
Handstands - 5 mins done -
Squats - 20 mins - done

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - not done....but on the plus side what I did eat was thought about, planned, put into MFP to make sure it fitted into my points for the day so I'm OK with this today.

cal      carbs   fat   protein    iron   sugar
Totals 1,234    116     54      70         34     78
Goal   1,240      93     41      124      100    47

not such great numbers but I did stay within calories.  The pancakes for dinner were a bad idea though.  I promised the kids we could do it for pancake Tuesday (not in any way religious but hey who isn't going to celebrate a day that makes you eat pancakes).   But I found that even with a bunch of bacon it was in no way a satisfying dinner - hence the after dinner snack was required. Also pushed my macros way over for carbs, fat and sugar and reduced my protein for the day.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - spent some time working on the sweater but I also tried my hand at fusing together plastic shopping bags to create a reusable bag.  Was fun and the bag is pretty cool, I may have to try another one - it did get rid of a lot of those plastic bags I had lying around that's for sure.

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing - but I did order an Icelandic phrase book from the library on Monday I'm now waiting for it to arrive.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

So this morning I had planned to do another run - on the treadmill at the gym this time....Can I just say FAIL!  I managed 10 mins then gave up.  My ankles and knees and heels were hurting, I felt like I was about to throw up - yeah it just wan't working today.  I wonder if its because of the big breakfast I had this morning.  Cooked up eggs, pork, tomatoes and mushrooms and ate that about 1 hour before running and I think it was a really bad idea.

So instead of running I went and did some weight type workouts instead. 

Bench press, 45x5, 50x5, 55x5, 65x5, 75x2, 75x2.  It was sad to see just how much strength I've lost in the last two week - I used to be about to get 80lb, today I couldn't even do a full set at 75.  Grrrrrrrr.

also did my pull ups for the day, plus added in some inverted rows. Did my normal pushups, plus and extra 2 sets.  my Hollow man, plus a 30 sec plank and got in my 5 mins of handstands so at least I achieved something today.

The stopped at 2 different fish stores on the way home (well not really on the way - drove about an half an hour out of the way and then back) to try and find some sushi grade tuna and salmon.  Kids have requested sushi for dinner tonight!  yum!

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Yeah, I don't sweat my macros as long as they're within about 10g...I figure that my measuring is not always super precise, so having a margin of error is probably a good thing. 

I forget...is there a certain system you used to come up with your macro breakdown? Or did you just use MFPs goals?

Yeah I'm an engineer so 10% fudge factor is common for everything, as long as its close I'm usually happy - its not like your going to hit the exact numbers every day!

As for system I used two different web sites to calculate my macros.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

and

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

then averaged them and used the closest numbers I could manually insert into MFP.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Yeah, I usually try to run mostly fasted, or with just a small snack for energy (fruit+nuts or similar). I feel really nauseated if I run on a full stomach. Good for you for getting your workout in anyway!

I keep thinking I should try sushi, but every time I've had a chance to in the past, I've been pregnant and paranoid about it. Need to try it...although I'm not usually a fish person, so not sure if that will change. 

Current Challenge

Week 2 Day 3

As stated above I attempted this this morning but wimped out after 10 minutes.

Push ups - 13 done
Pull Ups - 13 done.
Hollow body Hold - 2 min 25 sec done.
Handstands - 5 mins done -
Squats - 11 mins - done

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - done

cal    carbs    fat    protein    iron   sugar
Totals  1,330   104     49      115        53      34
 Goal    1,526   114    50      153       100      58

ALl good today.  Carbs low - fat on point, protein nice and high and sugar low.  Happy Happy.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - I made a bunch of produce bags today, tulle bags that I can use instead of using all those plastic bags for produce when shopping.  Now I just need to remember to take them with me when I go shopping.  Alos knitted a new dishcloth this evening after all my olds ones got thrown out due to grottiness.

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines