MyLittlePony's on the road to Iceland

Paisley

week 5 day 2

goal 1 - Running/cardio - The goal 5km 2x /week.
nothing

goal 2 - specific execises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups - 28 done
Pull Ups - 24 done
Hollow body hold - 3 min 35 sec
Handstands - 5 min
Squats -16 min

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - done

•tracking

Calories    Carbs   Fat   Protein   Iron   Sugar
Totals      1,305        101     65       77        23      48
Goal        1,240         93      41      124       100    47

very low on protein today - I really thought that pork chop was bigger than it was but once I chopped of the fat and the bone it only ended up 3oz...gipped! - and the sausage was obviously more fat than meat......oh well better tomorrow.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - made a mitten for L to go with the hat and neck warmer.  Not happy with it, may have to try again tomorrow.
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - painting painting and more painting
•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing today.

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

It's really hard to gauge how much protein you're getting from something before weighing. I was afraid weighing my food would make me obsessive, but so far I think I'm doing okay. Great work on the painting!

It is - I'm a lot better at it after weighing on and off for a couple of years now but every now and then something surprises me.

So yesterday was a pretty good day. Did a run on the treadmill whilst my son was in his sports class. I tried to push myself for the first 2 miles and ran it in 18 min so 9 min/ mile (5.6 min/km), which whilst not my best time is pretty close ( the best I've been able to do 1 km in 5 min - I'm getting closer to getting there), then took it a bit easy and just said however far I get by 9:50am is how far I'm going. In the end it ended up 3.2 miles (5km) in 30min and a few secs.

week 5 Day 3

yep - see above for details

goal 2 - specific execises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups - 29 done

Pull Ups - 25 done

Hollow body hold - 3 min 40 sec

Handstands - 5 min

Squats -14 min

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - so close, then I had a peanut butter ball before bed....

•tracking

Calories   Carbs  Fat Protein Iron Sugar

Totals         1,540       145    52    109     37    75

Goal          1,560        117   52    156    100    59

good on protein and fat, but over on carbs (mainly sugars)

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - remade the mittens for L.

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - not today.

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing today.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Hmmm I think I may have made a tactical error today.  I decided I should do a trial pack for Iceland to see just how much room we're going to need and whether we're going to need to buy extra bags.....the boy got really into it and spent the entire day begging to go out and buy him his own suitcase.  I ended up packing all his clothes into an old suitcase that needs to be thrown out just to check for size, and he now reckons he's packed - too bad that he need all those clothes to wear for the next two weeks before we leave, he's packed and packed he's going to stay....except we still need to go and buy him a new suitcase......NOW mummy NOW!

week 5 Day 4

Nothing today

Push ups - 30 done
Pull Ups - 26 done
Hollow body hold - 3 min 45 sec
Handstands - 5 min
Squats -31 min

so a couple of notes on these. 

Today I realized for the first time that I'm actually getting a couple of actual pull ups in.  Usually the first one of the day and then the first in the next couple of sets too (my sets are generally only 2-3 pull ups each).  Today I did what I keep saying I'm going to do and I spread them out over the length of the day.  2 here, 3 there, rather than having to do them all at once, it was so much better, as I said I got in a full pull up for the first of each of the first 2 or three sets, and for that first set the second one was very close to being a full pull up too, so that's close to two in a row - I reckon by the end of the challenge I'll be able to do two in a row without a problem.  Yeahhh progress!

Squats are also getting a lot better.  I've noticed that I can get my heels a lot closer to the ground when doing a easy squat, and hold a real, feet flat squat a lot longer.  Though the hips and ankles are still really tight I think it's really helping.

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - I don't know, technically I ate after 7:30 but only because I didn't want to eat my dessert in front of the kids (I didn't have enough to share with them), so it was planned, just a bit later than I had hoped....

•tracking

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Iron Sugar
Totals             1,621    107    88      87      39    74
Goal               1,240     93     41      124    100   47

well over on calories today, I had a bit of a chocolate binge this afternoon - need to get that back under control...Then had my planned dessert as well!  so high in carbs (sugar) and fat.  Protein was low - breakfast was a problem - I tried something with scrambled eggs the morning and it was disgusting, only ate half  then had a slice of toast instead, so ended up with very little in the way of protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner were pretty standard - not bad but not great, 30 and 40g so it all added up to a very low day protein wise.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - took a lot of time doing my exercises tonight and ran out of time to craft.
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - not today.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Great work on the run and the pullups! And I loled at your story about the boy...I can totally hear my almost-3 doing that.

I'm excited about the pull ups - hopefully by the end of the week I can string two together.

So I went out and bought each of the kids a small suitcase on Friday and packed everything up to check htat it'd all fit.....and the bags are still packed two days later. Both kids refuse to let me unpack them. Ahh its going to be a long two weeks before we leave!

So I'm a couple of days behind on my write ups, but not a lots been happening. Friday and Saturday we normal days. No runs but I started knitting a new tank top type shirt, Lots of cables so its taking longer than I had hoped to make, but hopefully it turns out OK. No more work on the house, or on my Icelandic.

Sunday was again a rest day. No exercises at all, Didn't track foods, but did make good food choices (well except those strawberry choc chip cream cheese cookies that the kids asked to bake - I did indulge in a couple of those).

week 5 Day 5, 6 and 7

Nothing on any day

Push ups -                 31 Friday,                 32 Saturday,                  0 Sunday

Pull Ups -                  27 Friday,                  28 Saturday,                  0 Sunday

Hollow body hold - 3 min 50 sec Friday,     0 Saturday,                    0  Sunday

Handstands -           5 min Friday,            5 mins Saturday,              0 Sunday

Squats -                   5 min Friday,              0 Saturday                     0 Sunday

goal 3 - food.

Friday

I did have an evening snack, but it was only a 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter so I could stay within calories and on target

Calories    Carbs   Fat    Protein   Iron   Sugar

Totals        1,224         82      55       100       41      32

Goal         1,240         93      41       124      100     47

Happy with this - got 100g protein and only a little over on Fat.

Saturday

Again some peanut butter in the evening

Totals       1,306      82     68      91     65     23

Goal          1,240     93     41     124    100   47

happy enough - a bit above calories and a bit high in Fat.

Sunday

No tracking but I did stay with mainly healthy food.  As stated above I indulged in a few of the cookies we baked, but at least my evening snacking was kept to a frozen banana and a couple of glasses of wine.  all three meals were good.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. -  On Friday evening I found an old project that I'd started and abandoned and picked it back up again.  A cotton shirt for me with a cable neckline.  I worked on it for about and hour or two, then tried it on and realized there was a reason I had abandoned it - It just didn't fit at all well, so I spent the rest of the night taking it all apart.  Saturday I spent looking for a new project for the cotton yarn, finally decided on this pattern and started it.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/athena-tunic

Worked on it Sunday too, have about 5in done so far.

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - nothing on any of the three days.

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - nothing.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 5 summary

Got in one 5km run on Wednesday but that was the only one this week  But I'm still up to 11 workouts for the challenge so still on track for an  A grade.

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups - 28 days done - B grade
Pull Ups - 26 done done - B grade
Hollow body Hold - 26 days done - B grade
Handstands - 26 days done - B grade
Squats - 507 min done - dropped to C grade

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - 24 days done - 68.5% - D grade
•Tracking - 25 days done - 71% - D grade

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - 32 days done - 91% B grade
•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - three jobs done - A grade
•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - 14 day done - 40% F grade.

A - 95-100%
B - 80-95 %
C - 75-80%
D - 60-75%
F < 60%

Whilst the grades are dropping - I'm still pretty happy with how this challenge is going. 

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Your challenge has been going very well! I'm curious about your grading scale...most people go with A = 90-100%, B = 80-89%, etc. Did you just decide to do the harder "grad school" scale? :D

totally random - I just made it up at the start of the challenge - I meant to go back and check the standards but never got around to it.

SO the start to week 6 has been pretty horrible. Monday was good. No exercise but I did get more painting done. But the girl was home sick from school having been sick just about all weekend, then Tuesday the boy had it and Wednesday was my turn.

week 6 Day 1, 2 and 3

Nothing on any day

Push ups - 33 Monday, 32 tuesday, 0 Wednesday

Pull Ups - 29 Monday, 14 tuesday, 0 Wednesday

Hollow body hold - 3:55 Monday, 0 tuesday, 0 Wednesday

Handstands - 5 Monday, 0 tuesday, 0 Wednesday

Squats - 13 Monday, 0 tuesday, 0 Wednesday

goal 3 - food.

Monday was good.  No evening snacking and under calories

Totals       1,150      103   50    72       30   55

Goal         1,240        93   41    124   100   47

Tuesday - started off really well - meals were all good was at 107g protein but then the evening I started feeling a bit off and found that food actually felt better than no food and had tonnes of bad food after dinner.

Wednesday - was bad all day.  Again I felt better when I had food in me.  It started off as good food but soon disintegrated.  no tracking at all.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - still getting this in everyday - sitting and knitting works well.

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - Monday I did more painting.  Another wall in the lounge and one wall in Js room.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Week 6 Day 4
Nothing yet

Push ups - 34
Pull Ups - 30
Hollow body hold - 4 min
Handstands - 5 min
Squats - 0 mins - need to get back into these

goal 3 - food.
Was pretty good yesterday, but I did go beyond the 7:30 limit,  Had some yoghurt and a slice of bread after dinner - all within calories.  I was very low on protein again which is why I added the yoghurt in as a snack.

Totals        1,207    102   53     80       34    33
Goal          1,240     93    41    124     100   47

goal 4 - Lifestyle.

•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - bit more work done on the shirt

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - nothing

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

urghhhhh - so week 6 was probably the worst week of the challenge.  The in-laws arrived on Thursday night and pretty much everything just went straight out the window.  N exercise, not good food.  Oh well.  The challenge was going pretty well up till the last week, then it all just fell apart - I will try and do the wrap up and see what the final results are to see if I can sall this a completed challenge.

Week 6 summary

Nothing at all this week - closest I got this week was scootering with a 50lb lump (otherwise known as my son) on my back for half a mile.  The running total was 11 workouts over the 6 week period.  That gives me a B+ grade (12 was an A grade 8 a B grade so I think 11 workouts definitely counts as a B+ grade).

goal 2 - specific exercises - Push Ups, Pulls Ups, Hollow Body, Handstands, Squats

Push ups - 30 days done - B grade
Pull Ups - 28 done done - C grade
Hollow body Hold - 28 days done - C grade
Handstands - 28 days done - C grade
Squats - 519 min done - C grade

So it looks like an average of C grade overall, but since I was A or B grade up till the last week I'm going to accept that as a pass.

goal 3 - food.

•No food after 7:30 pm - 26 days done - 62% - Not the greatest grade, but I was doing quite well with this.  I will definitely try and keep up with this one....
•Tracking - 27 days done - 64% - the last week really killed me on this one.  Was doing OK till then.

goal 4 - Lifestyle.
•spend at least 1/2 hour every day doing something crafty. - 39 days done - 93% - This was probably my best - maybe a bit too easy.  Will skip this one next time as its a bit too easy...though having said that, knowing I was tracking did make me get onto the next job as soon as I finished the first rather than just forgetting all about it.

•do at least one job around the house every two weeks - 5 days done - I feel like this was a real win.  I spent a full 5 days working on my house and definitely feel like I've accomplished something good this challenge  I'm really enjoying the new lighter looking house (and the praise from the inlaws on how much lighter the house is looking is a nice bonus)

•spend at least 10 mins each day learning some basic Icelandic. - 14 days done  - OK this is now a great number.... but I feel like I accomplished what I set out to, I know the basic thank you please etc I never wanted to be able to converse fluently, just feel like I can start a conversation in their language and not expect them to always speak mine....

So whilst the final numbers were not that great I'm still pretty happy with how this challenge went. 

I'm going to take this week off a bit and enjoy my visit with the inlaws, then enjoy my vacation in Iceland and I will pick up halfway through the next challenge once we get back.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines