AlexCold's Epic Quest for Badassitude Level 4 - Choose My Adventure!!!

AlexCold

Choose my challenge!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should my goals be? (TOP 3 WIN!!) Please elaborate on your choices and how I should quantify.

Dude your DL number is amazing! I just started doing dead lifts and haven't really gotten to go heavy yet, we are just working on my form and stuff...but my trainer said when we hit 300 he would probably throw me in a show...you're close..have you ever thought about training for that??

Your weight loss is awesome! I want to catch up to you...It's going to feel awesome when you see that 1 as your first number...that will just motivate you even more...

Keep at it bro! We've got 5.5 weeks of kick ass and debauchery left!

KickAss1-lg.jpg

Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

Thanks Kid! I'm getting there! 

The DL number is nice, but they aren't pretty just yet As for competitions, I'm not really interested in them. I would compete in a friendly challenge, but I'm too competitive to really get into powerlifting. 

The weightloss is great. I've been fairly stagnant the last few weeks, then I started lowering my carbs, and the weight has been coming off. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I was all proud of my 50 pound squats and 70 pound deadlifts this morning. I'm not worthy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a bigger fish. There are guys and gals at my gym that can squat more than me (though some of the girls can't deadlift near as much). I do think that my numbers are less due to the fact I have to pick up an extra 30-40lbs of flab. 

#2 reason I'm motivated to lose body fat is so that my squat and DL numbers can be bigger!

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Holy shit dude. I totally want footage of your deadlifts. =D I battled my form (and lower back misconfiguration) for years on that shit. 275 was a recent PR of mine as well. =)

And way to go on the weight loss. Them's real numbers there! Haha.

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Loving all the awesome Alex!!  :D  lol 

Wow, you are more flexible than I am.  ;)  And a big WOOOOT on the weight loss and raises!!!  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Have a fantastic weekend!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Holy shit dude. I totally want footage of your deadlifts. =D I battled my form (and lower back misconfiguration) for years on that shit. 275 was a recent PR of mine as well. =)

And way to go on the weight loss. Them's real numbers there! Haha.

Thanks man! I don't think they are video worthy. Form is everything, and I'm still working on it with the heavy weights. I hope those weightloss numbers stick!

Loving all the awesome Alex!!  :D  lol 

Wow, you are more flexible than I am.  ;)  And a big WOOOOT on the weight loss and raises!!!  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Have a fantastic weekend!

Thanks friend! More flexible than you? I'm not sure I believe that!

They're some great sitting bow poses, Alex - such class and poise :tongue:

And basically woot for everything on this thread - you're killing it, Alex!

Yes, thank you! Definitely full of class and poise! haha!

Challenge:

tumblr_n1r9zjG6RM1rwkbauo1_500.gif

Squat a tree.

tumblr_m5irg79l601qhbpk8.gif

tumblr_mhy99gFYve1rg8ypco1_400.gif

State the timeframe!

You're doing great with your lifts and I love the yoga challenge, it made me giggle!

Haha! I did it for the laughs. 

If you do this, pics or it didn't happen.

I wouldn't do it any other way.

Now I have to do this next time I happen across a log...probably when working on stuff for Ren Faire.

Ren Faire?! I wish we had a really cool one with jousting and such.

Week 1 Day 6 - Saturday

Started the day off with the gym!

BENCH - 145lbsx5x3

BB Row - 95lbsx5x3

RDL - 185lbsx5x3 

GM - 75lbsx5x3

Assisted Dips - 70lbsx5x5

DB Curl - 25lbsx6x3

Hammer DB Curl - 25lbsx5x3

Had a nice bit of advice from a bro at the gym. Helped my form on the RDL's and GM. I needed to bend my knees a little more on the RDL's and keep my head up on the GM. Definitely helped the impact on the hamstrings, which is the whole point of these exercises.

THEN, ROBOTS!! We finally have it 96% there. It all works, just fine tuning now. The competition is in 3 weeks! I'll take vid at our next meeting.

It was my nieces birthday yesterday so we had the 1st birthday party for her at the park. It was nice to see her, but it's a 1 year olds party. Not that crazy. 

Spent the rest of the day with the family and Netflix. Fed the boy some rice cereal! So crazy that he's eating already!

• Like 1

Woot for gym day! Also, you should come visit my Ren Faire - it has jousting and is full of awesome!

Have a thing I think  you might enjoy.  I'm archive binging on this guy's blog right now because he says great things about writing, but he's got a toddler and occasionally posts very amusing anecdotes about raising small children.

Transmissions from Baby Town

Warning: NSFW language and erm ... colourful metaphors.

I laughed until I cried, literally. 

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Woot for gym day! Also, you should come visit my Ren Faire - it has jousting and is full of awesome!

That is so cool! I didn't realize they had one in OK! Sooooooo want to go see one some day!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

You are doing so well!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Have a thing I think  you might enjoy.  I'm archive binging on this guy's blog right now because he says great things about writing, but he's got a toddler and occasionally posts very amusing anecdotes about raising small children.

Transmissions from Baby Town

Warning: NSFW language and erm ... colourful metaphors.

Thank you for that...it's all true. 

Can't decide which one is my favorite: 

"His one hand grabs for the spoon. The other hand floats in the air like he’s conducting some kind of baby-food symphony. And his head bobs and weaves like he’s a drunken Stevie Wonder."

or

"All my years of video game training have led me to this.

Sure, there’s a technique — food on the end of the spoon, go in high, use his upper lip to kind ofshear the food into his mouth, let him suck off the rest, then use the spoon to scrape the remaining goo off his lips.

But he keeps it interesting. He’ll open up reaaaaal biiiiig and just as you get close — BOOM — the hangar doors slam shut and the airplane crashes and the food is a casualty crammed against his face.

Or he’ll pivot to look at the dog.

Or he’ll try to be an active eater and lunge for the food.

You can’t fall asleep on this job. No automatic behaviors will do.

The kid, he’s squirrelly" 

Ooooooo...looks fun.

I don't think I can put a time frame. I will be impressed by someone squatting a tree... all of the times.

Must find tree. There's a 30ft telephone pole that we have along our property walking path that I try to deadlift (only the end of it) every once in a while. I've got about an inch or more off the ground.

You are doing so well!!!

Thank you! Glad you stopped by!

That is a good way to start off the day (gym on Saturday)!  I don't think I could do the yoga pose... but it does look funny.

Yeah, I like accomplishing things while other people sleep! And it wasn't that hard, I'm sure you can do it.

Double post... I don't know whether to be happy or sad that it finally happened to me... I guess that is what happens on Mondays...

It happens to everyone.....it doesn't mean you can't change. 

CHALLENGE GOALS

1) Pushups!! (+5 STR)

I will get a baseline number of pushups performed in one set. I will then try to improve that by 25% by the end of the challenge. If I exceed that before the end of the 5 weeks, I will then at 10% per week.

2) Planks!! (+5 CON)

Same with the pushups. I'll try to improve plank time by 25%. Exceeding that value before hand will add 10% per week.

3) Sprints!! (+3 DEX, +2 STA)

I will shoot for 8 runs. I will either do it after the gym or while the gym. Never done sprints on a treadmill, but I will try. I like keeping my workouts concentrated since I don't have much time to workout as it is.

• Like 1

The goals look great.  Can't wait to see you crush these.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines