(Re)Learning how to fly...

RES

Hooray for being able to do stuff again! That's exciting :) And your goals look awesome. 

(I totally didn't stalk you here. Nope, not at all.)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thanks for the comment my post best of luck. About the BF testing you could get some calipers off the internet and measure yourself which could work as long as you do it in exactly the same place each time. Maybe check the gyms in your area to see if they can do it for you my old gym used to do it for free if your a  member but i don't think they would object if i paid them a few quid once a month do it for you.

Also good luck with the color me race thats how I started just signed up to a 5K to see if I could do it now I'm moving onto a half marathon this year!

• Like 1

BBWW is the beginner body weight workout, found here

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

One day I really need to figure out how to hyperlink things properly in these forums...

Also, Red, what's up with this? You aren't at 17 3/4 pages yet.

• Like 1

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

BBWW is the beginner body weight workout, found here

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

One day I really need to figure out how to hyperlink things properly in these forums...

Also, Red, what's up with this? You aren't at 17 3/4 pages yet.

If you're on a computer (not tapatalk) you highlight the text you want to add the link to and hit the little link button (with the green "+") in the editor bar. Then you get a little pop-up box that you can paste the link into. Easy peasy.

Carved with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given me by Svenge.

• Like 1

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Oh wow what a week....not only is this the first week of the challenge but I went back to work this week as well after being off since my surgery! I missed Monday's workout, which was to be BBWW, because it was my first day back to work, had to go across town to sign papers for my son to join the Navy, and had a paper due for school....something had to give! Tues and today we did c25k, yesterday we did BBWW, wow, that was way more than this former couch potato was expecting! LOL...we've determined that for this six weeks we're going to take it in stages, first two weeks it's one rep, second is 2, and the last 2 is 3...working on proper form and not overdoing it of course :)

Paleo is about second nature by now, we haven't been out to eat since we did the Whole30 and we don't buy anything not 'paleo approved' LOL

hopefully I'll have a bit of time to catch up on everyone else's week soon....

oh, and I may have a new job!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

So many things!

Hurray for getting started! Good call easing back into exercise, I often over do it at the start of something new and burn myself out. Slow and steady is the advice I have a hard time listening too. 

Yaaay (?) Maybe new job! (Maybe?) This would be a good thing, right?

• Like 1

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

I feel like all I did today was sleep...trip to the farmers market, bought a guitar (I have wanted to learn how to play for over 30 years now...lol) and a few other errands...was so sore yesterday that I did not do the BBWW (again) that is going to cost me I know but between that and being so tired I just could not do it...

New job would be a good thing...I think...would be for a non-profit hospital, which right now I work for a global corporation, which has plenty of opportunity for advancement and relocation, I'm just frustrated with my direct manager not keeping his promises involving my pay scale in my current position! I am in Mississippi so the concern over how many rural hospitals are shutting down in this state does concern me (due to the lack of medicaid expansion...goddess knows we have to remain the poorest and unhealthiness state in the union!) so I am kind of torn...

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Sometimes sleeping all day is exactly what you need to do, but that's a good list of errands there. And you bought a guitar so you can learn to play it, that's exciting. An avalanche closed the highway I live on, so I had a bit of a snow day yesterday. Besides the two hours of shoveling snow, I spent the entire day in bed watching Netflix. Some days are more productive than others, and I'm working on being ok with that. 

“Today, I feel stronger, learning to live within the natural cycles of a day and to not expect too much of myself. As women, we hold the moon in our bellies. It is too much to ask to operate on full-moon energy three hundred and sixty-five days a year. I am in a crescent phase.†- Terry Tempest Williams, Refuge

Good luck with the new job potential. It's so important for your work environment to be a positive one. For me, the people I work with, their attitudes etc. have the biggest impact on the work environment. If you have to make a choice, go with the opportunity you will feel most supported in. I've had really great and really terrible experiences doing work I cared deeply about with non profits. It's all about the folks in organization, and it starts at the top. A caring, engaged Executive Director/Board/Admin team makes a world of difference. 

• Like 1

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Remember, the world always needs accountants. We're here to tell you how much money you're making, how much money you're losing, and any mysterious avenue inbetween.

If your body says that you shouldn't do the BBWW today, it probably knows something. You're smart enough to know the difference between "ouch, I don't want to work out" and "danger, wil robinson! danger!" Maybe you should try subbing in yoga/stretching/chainsaw juggling for the bbww on days you don't feel up for it.

And remember, wherever, whenever there's a race to the bottom and Mississippi is in the running, the great state of Louisiana will be right there with you, just ahead or just behind.

...Shakira is stuck in my head again. The first step is admitting I have a problem.

• Like 1

Level 1-2ish Assassin

...Shakira is stuck in my head again. The first step is admitting I have a problem.

It took me a minute to figure out why... 

And remember, wherever, whenever there's a race to the bottom and Mississippi is in the running, the great state of Louisiana will be right there with you, just ahead or just behind.

Now that I've seen it, I can't un-hear it!!!! 

• Like 1

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

LOL..I love me some Shakira.

Well I was offered the job, haven't really made up my mind if I'm taking it or not...while it's a good opportunity, the company I'm with now is global and lots of room for advancement (if I relocate, which wouldn't break my heart) but 10,000 more a year is hard to overlook...I do enjoy the people I work with...the money could be better, but that is always the case...*sighs*

I had to rework my workout plan...there simply are not enough hours in the day, especially with being back to work now, for me to do it all...and the fact that we're still getting freezing rain and my southern behind is NOT going out in that mess, and I do not have a gym membership...so I am going to use my 'ski' machine or the elliptical for days I am unable to go outside.

T, T, & S are c25k, W & F are BBWW, Sunday and Monday I have to have for school and recuperating, gardening when the weather gets nicer, and stuff like that!

Even with reworking the workout, I missed two days last week :( I really did not consider how tired I was going to be starting back to work and the factor my body is still doing some healing. 

Avalanche? yikes....though the day in bed with netflix sounds pretty good! ;)

Spoiler

Maybe it's a sign I've been watching too much "Queer as Folk" lately, but I could not read "gym membership" as anything except "gay membership". In my head I was like "Damn, Mississippi is more f*cked up than I thought, queers need a membership to go outside?"  Then I read it a 4th time and I got it. hahah dyslexia can be fun sometimes :) 

Good luck deciding on the job offer. I hate it when I've got two good options and can only choose one. But then again I'm a Libra and hate choosing in any situation. 

Sounds like a good balance for your reworked workout plan. Try not to get too down on yourself about missed workouts, especially when your body is still healing. You made really good progress just with the diet change alone during your Whole30. Even if it's not as much activity as you would like it to be, adding in some regular exercise is going to make a noticeable difference. Stick with it, the dress will be worth it ;) 

• Like 1

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

-Hello"

--Hi, this is capitalism calling.

Politely and respectfully inform your current job that someone else has offered you a position that will compensate you significantly better. Specific disclosure is up to you. If your current employer is genuinely interested in advancing you and investing in you as an employee, they'll probably make some form of counter-offer. They may not match new job's offer to the dollar, but if they believe you are worth it as an asset, they will invest in you.

If they say "congrats and good luck", then that tells you the company, or at least the people that you have to deal with at your company, do not necessarily see you advancing into another role at the company. There may be opportunity, but the door knockers may not be knocking at your door.

You're getting your Master's in Acct. You're working towards getting your CPA. By the time and money you've spent and will spend in the near future, you're saying that you believe you are an asset worth investing in. Hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, by the time you get those three little letters. So keep investing in yourself, and work for someone who believes you are worth an investment.

• Like 5

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Very sound advice. It is not an ultimatum you are giving your current company but you are looking long term and want some sign that you are valuable to your current company and they think of you as advancement material. Most companies have a path planned for their employees to maximize their service. Some share some don't. Also look at the benefits that come a long with the new job. Compare healthcare, vacation and holidays, hours, wellness programs etc. that can be a big difference.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines