(Re)Learning how to fly...

RES

Hey, I'm doing Color Me Rad on the 29th!  I don't think I'll be running so much as jogging/walking, but it should be fun.  Good luck!

Be wary of a job that only gives you consideration if you have an offer somewhere else.  For one, it shouldn't come to that.  For two, you've forced their hand.  For three, if you accept the counter offer, they pretty much own you.  They know what your price is and they won't value you as much.  Here's a good link on why you shouldn't take a counter offer.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-shouldnt-counteroffer-133221049.html

• Like 2

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Hey, I'm doing Color Me Rad on the 29th!  I don't think I'll be running so much as jogging/walking, but it should be fun.  Good luck!

Be wary of a job that only gives you consideration if you have an offer somewhere else.  For one, it shouldn't come to that.  For two, you've forced their hand.  For three, if you accept the counter offer, they pretty much own you.  They know what your price is and they won't value you as much.  Here's a good link on why you shouldn't take a counter offer.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-shouldnt-counteroffer-133221049.html

Thank you!

Wow...I had not looked at it like that but that is absolutely correct...We did just go through some shuffling of duties with some of it being moved to another location, my boss does constantly praise my work and has talked about sending me for more training and 'investing in me', when I came back from my surgery he stated that with my knowledge he only saw me moving up in the company...

The other job, if I took it, that would pretty much be it...there really wouldn't be anywhere to 'move up' to...and with the environmental health management portion of it I run the risk of putting myself in the same position I was in when I had to leave restaurant management...so I guess I have determined that I am going to stay where I'm at...

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Congrats on being offered the other job, even if you're not taking it. :) it's always nice to know you still have options and other people like you.

Good for you for dialing back the workouts. Taking care of yourself is just as important.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So, my week 2...

missed two c25k due to inclement weather and runners knee, did not think it would swell up THAT quick, would be three missed, however I did 3 1/2 hours of in depth house cleaning on Saturday and I'm counting it! First time I've really got to dig in and get everything I wanted to do, done, since the girlfriend went to work that day and I had nothing else I had to do except homework....Which I missed 1 BBWW due to homework...

We had a lunch at work Friday...had a small helping of peach cobbler and really wished I did not...was not worth the sluggish feeling I had afterwards. I'm beginning to think I need to cut back on my fruit intake as well, I'm noticing what feels a lot like sugar crashes about 30 min to an hour after eating fruit.

This weekend is New Orleans...and my boys...and I cannot wait!! I miss them like crazy!! Hope my oldest decides to go as well...

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I've heard before that cutting fructose can be a good move. Fruit sugar does have a lot in common with regular-old sugar, and I can see how it might affect insulin in a bad way.

I hope it works. And remember, if you start dragging and need some carbs, rice and potatoes are totally viable options.

• Like 1

MY OLDEST SON IS COMING WITH US!!!  :onthego:  :monkey:  :love_heart:  :love_heart:  :tongue:   :triumphant:  :victorious:   :cheerful:  :applause:  :wub:

ahem...now that I have that out of the way....I'm just a little bit happy about that, and the factor that he will be driving down and bringing his brothers with him, so I do not have to make the drive, which means more New Orleans time!

This week is good so far, have not missed any workouts...about the fruit thing, until I started the Whole30 back in January I had not eaten fruit for years because a Dr. I had at one time told me about how the fruit sugars could mess with my glucose...now that's not to say I did not have sugar crashes, but I got them the old fashioned way (peanut butter M&M's were my weakness) this feels a lot like those, otherwise my energy is better than it has been in a LONG time...I do so wish I had found this years ago!

• Like 5

Spoiler

Level 1 update

At three weeks I have missed 3 BBWW (yes, one each week) and 4 c25k workouts, however yesterday (one of my off days) we did a three (yes, THREE) hour bike tour through NOLA...absolutely amazing and my legs do not hate me too badly today...which is a good thing since this Saturday is Color Me Rad!

Since I have adjusted my workout schedule since the beginning of the challenge due to life issues, I am giving myself a B in both areas, with an A in the third (paleo eating) since I have averaged at least 6 days a week so far.

My kids are all here till the end of this week, and the younger two are even running in Rad with us...not sure how much working out will get done between now and then though! :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

You're crushing it! Have fun with the kids and good luck on Saturday :) 

• Like 1

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

So being female...and femme at that...I have changed my mind (imagine!!)

I've decided to take the job at the hospital...:)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Woohoo new job! :) Hope the run went well yesterday.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I start on the 7th, everyone at the current job is freaking out and hoping for me to change my mind...not likely at this pay rate LOL

last week was awesome...but bad challenge-wise...my kids were here, spent time with them...my younger two did Color Me Rad with us though!! Missed 2 BBWW and c25k workouts (each) though...but did manage to stick to mostly paleo!

Spoiler

They loved it!! We had so much fun, I'll post some pictures in a bit...

I had a (major) setback this week...thought I was having a heart attack (as in all the classic signs) on Wed. in the hospital two days and whatever the issue was, it was not my heart...took it easy yesterday, then took a belly dancing class today with a friend of mine (I'm so counting that as a workout!)...and going to get back on track next week....plus follow up with my Doctor!

Spoiler

Oh, forgot to add I've signed up to do the Susan J. Koman "Race for the Cure" 5k on April 12th as well :D

Spoiler

Rad

Me, my partner, and 2 of my boys, before Color Me Rad :D

• Like 2

Spoiler

No idea what caused it...but it is definitely NOT my heart

The only after photo's I could find have the logo over them...but here you go :)

after

Spoiler

Awesome.

And belly dance is totally a workout.  Hope you're feeling better.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines