Strength (STR): 29
Dexterity (DEX): 28.25
Stamina (STA): 23

Constitution (CON): 24.5

Wisdom (WIS): 25.5
Charisma (CHA): 21.25

Level 14

Motivation:

Big challenges are upcoming and I feel ill prepared. Need to be strong and smart- both with my heart.

tumblr_mbykwsqe0v1r3v05mo1_500.gif

Hammi’s Main Quest: Heart Surgery

(Feb 24- Apr 6)
Missions:

1. Train. I am working on the 42 day plan in the academy. Starting February 24th, each day has a walk or a set of circuits and a walk assigned to it. Completing that day’s work out is the only way to get points. After doing 3 days already, I can tell this will make my heart physically strong.

36-42 days = A

29-35 days = B

22-28 days = C

15-21 days = D

0-14 days = F

Reward: (+2 DEX +2 STR)

2. Fear. One of the big events that I’m training for is the Spartan Sprint on May 4th. There are lots of things that the Spartan challenges you to do, and most of them scare the crap out of me. My heart is to do well, so once a week I will try an obstacle that I read about in race reports, and even if it scares me I will give it my best. I will also report in my thread about what obstacle I tried and how it made me feel, as well as my progress.

6 fears = A

5 fears = B

4 fears = C

3 fears = D

2-1 fears = F

Reward: (+3 CHA +1 WIS)

3. Walk. Upping the walking to 30 minutes per day. The dogs are pleased. This will help my heart’s endurance.

36-42 walks = A

29-35 walks = B

22-28 walks = C

15-21 walks = D

0-14 walks = F

Reward: (+2 DEX, +1 CON)

Life Quest:

4. Love. Recently my heart has been consumed with jealousy and self-doubt. I have been slipping into a dark place, and people that I should be embracing are becoming (unbeknownst to them) my enemies. The anger and jealousy are stealing my joy. I need to get my heart right. Once a week, I will journal about something or someone that has stirred up the jealousy in my, and I will focus on my part and address it.

6 journals = A

5 journals = B

4 journals = C

3 journals = D

0-2 journals = F

Reward: (+1 CON, +3 STR)

BONUS: My very first PVP- Inches challenge with Devyn! RAWR!

TRACKING

My Story (challenge history): 

1. Wandering across the mountain ranges of the west, I came upon another wood elf, who was running through the tree lined forest. I tried to keep up, because I knew he was waiting for me, but nothing I did would keep me at pace with him. Eventually I slowed, to catch my breath and I lost him. Dejected and worn out, I decided to dedicate my life to keeping up with this other elf...

2. Sneaking through the woods I can feel my senses getting sharper and I begin to wonder if the elf that I'm following, is actually following me...

3. Catching my breath I slow my run as I approach a clearing. Did I get lost? I don't know where I am and the elf I had been following has picked up the pace. My mind... it's jumbled up... my thoughts are foggy... I need to focus. I'll stay here for a while, find my center, and then continue on...

4. After pausing in the clearing to refocus, I see what looks like a beaten down path off to my right. Have I been here before? Walking up to the path, it looks familiar, but overgrown. I take out my sword and slowly start hacking away the brush that seems to have grown in over the years. Yes. THIS is my path.

5. Following the path for what seems like a lifetime I suddenly find myself at the tree lined edge of a beautiful meadow. The sun in the sky that is glaring down on me makes me realize something glorious- I have made it through the woods! Over the hill I see the elf that I have been tracking this whole time. He is napping… This is my chance!!!

6. Running up to the elf that I have been following for what seems like forever, I find myself out of breath. As I slow down and approach him, I see him slow down and turn to me. I don't know if he knows that I have been following him, but I can tell by the look in his eye that he's ok with this. As we start to wander the forest together we notice that things aren't quite as bright and cheery as they were months ago... something is wrong...

7. As we continue to approach the edge of the forest we can feel something bearing down on us. Picking up the pace we stay laser focused on getting out of here. The night has grown darker and the forest is eerily quiet. The wood elf and I look at each other and begin to run. I can tell that the time where we have to battle is near and we really need to stay focused...

8. Standing on the front line, victorious, I wonder "Now what?" I ponder with wise words of a foreigner who taught my people to stay motivated when they feel like they have arrived. The skills I have learned in the past keep me pushing forward. I move confidently north, to find new lands. And that other pesky elf can come with me…

9. On the north side of the valley I see something far away that I can’t take my eyes off of. It almost looks like the mountain side is glistening and the sun is dancing with the peaks. I fall into a trance, staring off into the distance, as if I'm under a spell. A few minutes later I am able to snap out of it, but the lingering desire to see who, or what, had a hold on me begins to push me forward. Is some powerful mage up in the hills, drawing people to him? Or is someone sending out a distress signal, begging for help. All I know is the allure of finding out what is in those hills is forcing me onward.  We have mountains like these back home, but I am far from that place, and out of practice. It will take some time to traverse these mighty giants, but I have no choice but to start…

10. From the top of the mountain I can see everything. I have a level of clarity that I've not experienced before and it makes me take notice to my surroundings. I have an epiphany and realize that I need to race home to my family. They have no idea what’s in store! As quickly as I can I need to make my way back down the hill and back to my village…

Part of the way down the hill I trip. When I catch myself I see that the sign in front of me has directions. I’m tired of being a follower in my own life. I need to go my own way. I turn on my heels and walk south.

11. Down in the city to the south I find myself in the camp and company of strangers. Although I’m not entirely sure that I can trust them, they seem safe enough. Maybe, I’ll hang back and just observe them and mind their ways. Something inside of me says that these people have information that may be valuable to me and my quest, and I am determined to get my hands on it. Knowledge is oddly alluring and very appealing to my senses…

12. As I spend weeks on end with these people, I start to sense a power coming over me. I am being changed from the inside out- is it sorcery? Magic? Am I evolving? All I know is that I need to stay the course. Over time, my memories start to fade. The days of running through the wilderness with the other elves feel miles away- as if they occurred a lifetime ago. Only the here and now makes sense. I have my plan.

13. The strangers have become less strange and more like family. It feels like I have finally returned to a place where I feel at home and at peace. When I look down I start to notice that my slender Elven legs have begun to take a form of something more resembling tree trunks. When I stand, I can't move quite as nimbly but I feel stronger than I ever was before. In the back of my mind I still remember that I am following something- the dragon...

14. As I wake with a start I feel strange. My heart is pounding out of my chest, and I can’t seem to calm myself down. I am in no condition to face the dragon. I need peace.

• Like 7

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Remember that everything will make you stronger. Failure isn't an option, it's a way to move forward. So, as my startup friends used to say, "Fail early and often!"

For the Spartan Race challenges, make sure that failure is embraced. Because the time you try your hardest, expecting to fail and you don't... that feels the best.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Remember that everything will make you stronger. Failure isn't an option, it's a way to move forward. So, as my startup friends used to say, "Fail early and often!"

For the Spartan Race challenges, make sure that failure is embraced. Because the time you try your hardest, expecting to fail and you don't... that feels the best.

Thanks friend!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Beautifully written and thought-out goals, Hammi, my dear. Best of luck in the coming weeks. We're here for youuu.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Beautifully written and thought-out goals, Hammi, my dear. Best of luck in the coming weeks. We're here for youuu.

Thank you pretty lady!

My Blog | My Story

you make me cry seester

My Blog | My Story

Wow. What a deeply personal and honest goal you have in your life quest.     So few people even concern themselves with addressing things like that, and here you've discovered it, committed to address it, and shared it with the rebels. 

That's hardcore awesome.

I also love how well structured your goals are, and how sensible they are.   Man it's like you must be some high level awesome ranger that's done this a ton of times before or something. :)

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

You are awesome. I am definitely following the Boss Ranger's challenge.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Awe thanks everyone!

--salutes the rangers. All the rangers.

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Day -4

Yesterday's work out has left me all sorts of stiff and with the DOMS. Even my neck hurts.

I'm happy that today just entails walking. I should get off work early enough to get a good walk in before it gets dark and cold again.

I'm eye balling my dairy consumption, as it is beginning to creep up again, and I think that Day 1 will include removal of my beloved milk products for a bit again. I'm ok with this.

My BFF has located an 8 foot wall for us to attempt, although I think I'm going to park this one towards the end of the 6 weeks, so I can get stronger, cause right now I'm like:

ypqNOIp.gif

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Day -3

I love you and you are one of my most favoritest persons in the whole world.  Big love much.

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Note to self- subscribe to your own damn thread..

Day -3

Or is it -2

Whatever.

I off roaded a bit the last couple days, no mindless eating but not awesome choices. Husband and best friend are aware of Monday and the 41 days after it, in regards to food and exercise.

I'm ready to go, antsy, but ready nonetheless.

Let's do this, rangers!

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

Awesome.  I'm looking forward to learning from you yet again ... especially the obstacles and how to handle them ....

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Day -1

Snowed last night, and even though the track was covered and it was freezing and windy, got out there and did my intervals for a half hour before work.

Planned ahead and brought breakfast.

Tomorrow, the gauntlet gets thrown down. Hammi v Devyn (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44739-devyn-gains-wait/) I'll make that pretty at the office Tuesday...

Boom.

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

keep-calm-and-may-the-fourth-be-with-you

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Very cool hammi. I love the idea behind this challenge. I won't lie though... my heart skipped a beat when I read the title. Haha.

Thanks friend, sorry for the scare. I was going to make my goals mimic an actual surgery, but it started to get too graphic, even for me... Lol.

My first journal thought came to me this morning, from a place I never expected... Someone I truly love and care about started to trigger those feelings, and my noticing that shocked me. I have today off and may be a great time to write about it while it is still on my mind.

Trying to forgo dairy and keep and eye on sugar. I want coffee. And not black coffee. My coffee. And no I don't want tea or need more water. Anyhow, I'll tough it out :)

My starting pix, totally safe for work, I just don't wanna see em. Hah.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pvp w devyn, we got our smack talk out yesterday, so here's to a great challenge!

Posted Image

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Haha thanks! I love all of my socks!

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines