Hazard: 1st Mission - Agent Field Test

Hazard

Report for: Feb 27, 2014

Mission Objective #1: Track the movements of three High Priority targets for six weeks: Weight, Calories, Protein.

Weight:    180.2 lbs  (81.7 kg)

Calories:  1728

Protein:   153 g

Mission Objective #2: Cut until March 10th, then reassess.

Starting Weight:  181.2 lbs  (82.2 kg)

Current Weight:   180.2 lbs  (81.7 kg)

3 Day Change:      -1.0 lbs  (-0.5 kg)

Starting Waist:   35.40 in   (89.9 cm)

Current Waist:    34.69 in   (88.1 cm)

3 Day Change:     -0.71 in   (-1.8 cm)

Mission Objective #3: Recon the 7 Nerd Fitness Guilds

I've completed my investigation into the current activities of the seven Rebel divisions.  This has lead me to some insights, but I need to confirm my data by next accessing and reviewing the histories of the divisions. 

Although I'm not close to choosing to which division(s) I'd like to be attached for future missions, preliminary analysis suggests that working with the Scouts is highly unlikely - as common objectives in their modus operandi conflict with my interests.

• Like 4

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Feb 28, 2014

Mission Objective #1: Track the movements of three High Priority targets for six weeks: Weight, Calories, Protein.

Weight:    179.2 lbs  (81.3 kg)

Calories:  1693

Protein:   170 g

Current Weight:   179.2 lbs  (81.3 kg)

4 Day Change:      -2.0 lbs  (-0.9 kg)

I've begun reading into the histories of the divisions.  Learning about the earliest days of the guilds, and seeing the objectives that the early-adopters chose within their respective guild, has been educational.

• Like 6

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 1, 2014

Weight:    178.6 lbs  (81.0 kg)

Calories:  1723

Protein:   146 g

Current Weight:   178.6 lbs  (81.0 kg)

5 Day Change:      -2.6 lbs  (-1.2 kg)

Current Waist:    34.25 in   (87.0 cm)

5 Day Change:     -1.15 in   (-2.9 cm)

AdventurerNo trend.  Which makes sense for this guild's purpose.  I won't benefit from working here.  This guild's not for me.

Ranger - Isn't really a warrior/scout hybrid as advertised.  Messy & unfocused aside from a trend in paleo eating.  This guild's not for me.

Scout - Trend in long, long, long distance endurance training.  The science behind transitioning muscle fiber types suggests that pursuing this kind of training would conflict with my goals.  This guild's not for me.

Warrior - Trend in weightlifting and competitive powerlifting.   I'm not interested in entering competitions, I already know how to weightlift, and my six week challenge goals won't ever be "increase x lift by z weight."  I see weightlifting as just another tool, not the end-all and be-all of exercise.  This guild makes sense with my epic quest, but I'm just not sure that being in this guild would help me.  I'll decide after I look through past Guild Mini-Challenges.

Monk Strong emphasis on martial arts.  I'm very interested; but I can't afford to take lessons.  I would be limited to home-based learning.  Would that be worth doing?  I'm not sure.  I'll need to give it some thought.

Druid - Trend in meditation and yoga.  I don't care about meditation, but yoga has my attention.  The more useful parts of it anyway.  Added flexibility.  Better body awareness and control.  The ability to do those impressive gymnastics movements like pressing to handstand.  But I know very little about yoga.  I'll have to do more research on it.  I can't afford to take lessons, so I'd have to learn it all at home.

Assassin - This guild is messy, but there is an underlying trend in bodyweight movements.  There's a lot of crossover with the druid's yoga.  I think I could get a lot out of working in this guild, but I'm not sure how I would go about incorporating much of what they do into my training cycles.

• Like 6

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 2, 2014

Weight:    178.6 lbs  (81.0 kg)

Calories:  2041

Protein:   200 g

Calories threw me off track when it decided to climb a small ladder.  But I caught up to it quickly, so any damage it achieved should be minimal.

Current Weight:   178.6 lbs  (81.0 kg)

6 Day Change:      -2.6 lbs  (-1.2 kg)

Adventurer

Ranger

Scout

Warrior - I've reviewed the past Guild Mini-Challenges for the warriors, and their general chat thread.  This is not the guild for me.

Only three Rebel divisions left on the list:

Monk

Druid

Assassin

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Congrats on the -2.6 lb for the first week! I can imagine it's nice to see tangible results to keep you motivated. I like your methods of eliminating guilds one by one...very interesting.

Thanks!  Even better than the numbers is that my pants are starting to threaten to slip off my hips, and I'm beyond the last hole in the belt I'd been wearing.  I had to buy a new belt yesterday!

tumblr_lzihedn34i1qmwqdao1_400.gif

• Like 8

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 3, 2014

Weight:    179.2 lbs  (81.3 kg)

Calories:  1715

Protein:   147 g

Current Weight:   179.2 lbs  (81.3 kg)

7 Day Change:      -2.0 lbs  (-0.9 kg)

I suspected I'd see a slight bump in weight from the day before.  Not worried about it.  It'll drop.

I think part of choosing a guild is liking it's leaders, since their example sets the tone for the guild.  I've started reading the present and past challenge threads of the Monk, Assassin, and Druid guild leaders to get to know them better.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 3, 2014

I think part of choosing a guild is liking it's leaders, since their example sets the tone for the guild.  I've started reading the present and past challenge threads of the Monk, Assassin, and Druid guild leaders to get to know them better.

After seeing you checking them out, I have been looking around the mini-challenges as well. They are interesting.

• Like 1

Any of the mini-challenges stand out to you as something you'd like to be trying in the future?

Well the Adventurer this challenege have been things I already to, so I don't think that one would be beneficial. I like the assassin one, but I am not near there on what I can do at the moment, so it really wouldn't be beneficial. The monk challeneges however for this challenge look good to me, and I am thinking of trying them even though I am not in the guild. I haven't checked past challenges yet. What about you?

• Like 1

Well the Adventurer this challenege have been things I already to, so I don't think that one would be beneficial. I like the assassin one, but I am not near there on what I can do at the moment, so it really wouldn't be beneficial. The monk challeneges however for this challenge look good to me, and I am thinking of trying them even though I am not in the guild. I haven't checked past challenges yet. What about you?

I'm on this site for fitness, so I'm naturally drawn to the mini-challenges I've seen that involve fitness-related goals. Especially those that would have me trying out things that are different from my regular workouts, so that I might discover some aspect of fitness that I haven't heard of, haven't tried, or haven't done in a while and forgot about.

A few examples I've come across would be like... getting more flexible, developing better balance, attempting to learn new lifts or skills, taking a free trial class in something. Reading about those sorts of mini-challenges excites me and makes me want to participate.

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Man, I love your topic! Your reports are amazing, very creative!

Also, you've been progressing really fast! You've lost so much weight in just a week! Congratulations, I hope I can be half successfull as you already are!

Thanks! You can do it too. It's mostly just a matter of putting in the work and trusting the process.

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 4, 2014

Weight:    178.2 lbs  (80.8 kg)

Calories:  1718

Protein:   157 g

Current Weight:   178.2 lbs  (80.8 kg)

8 Day Change:      -3.0 lbs  (-1.4 kg)

Current Waist:    34.25 in   (87.0 cm)

8 Day Change:     -1.15 in   (-2.9 cm)

Adventurer

Ranger

Scout

Warrior

Druid - After reading more of their topics and upon further consideration, I've realized I find the atmosphere and mini-challenges of the Druid guild to be too passive.  This isn't the guild for me.

Assassin

Monk

I still don't have any idea if trying to do martial arts at home without any instructor would be doable or worth trying.  My budget is really very tight.  But instead of making assumptions, I'm going to explore the area to see what martial arts places are nearby and find out how much they would cost.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

I think it's a great idea to explore local places to see what rates are. Are you a student? I can't remember if you've mentioned it. If you are, your school's athletic facilities might offer classes for free or a reduced rate, or local gyms often have special student pricing.

• Like 2

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

I think it's a great idea to explore local places to see what rates are. Are you a student? I can't remember if you've mentioned it. If you are, your school's athletic facilities might offer classes for free or a reduced rate, or local gyms often have special student pricing.

I'm not in school.  Thank you for the suggestion though; I appreciate it.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

Check groupon or living social. I know a lot of places in my area use it to get the word out/ promote interest. I personally teach several classes a month that way. $25 for an hour long lesson, and you learn the basics to see if it is something that would interest you.

Still doing a great job on your reporting! I like the way you have narrowed the guilds and your rational for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines