Hazard: 1st Mission - Agent Field Test

Hazard

Report for: Mar 26, 2014

Mission Objective #1: Track the movements of three High Priority targets for six weeks: Weight, Calories, Protein.

Weight:    175.6 lbs  (79.7 kg)

Calories:  4899

Protein:   224 g

My willpower failed when presented with a pizza buffet.  I believe I've found my kryptonite.

Mission Objective #2: Cut until March 10th, then reassess (complete)

extended: Cut until March 31st, then reassess

Starting Weight:  181.2 lbs  (82.2 kg)

Current Weight:   175.6 lbs  (79.7 kg)

30 Day Change:     -5.6 lbs  (-2.5 kg)

Mission Objective #3: Recon the 7 Nerd Fitness Guilds (complete)

Bonus Objective: Investigate & develop a reference list of foundational 'Assassin' training. (complete)

Bonus Objective: Attempt various Assassin skills to determine my current abilities.

Crow Stand was so much fun, I had to try it again. This time I went easy-mode and worked from an elevated feet position where I only had to kick up (toe up?) about an inch to reach balance. Best hold was just over 10 seconds. I want to see myself doing this; so I might have another video to share in a few days.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Ha ha, I think I just pulled an abdominal muscle trying the crow stand.  :)  Congrats on breaking through that weight plateau.  Funny--I think our plateaus and breakthroughs happened around the same time.  Hopefully the pizza buffet doesn't do too much damage.

• Like 1

HermioneCrusher: Level 4 Human Witch Scout

Current Challenge: HermioneCrusher conjures new food

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

STR 5 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Loveyour updates and videos. I think you have convinced me that assassin guild is not for me, though, lol. That stuff looks hard! :)

• Like 1

Report for: Mar 27, 2014

Mission Objective #1: Track the movements of three High Priority targets for six weeks: Weight, Calories, Protein.

Weight:    176.2 lbs  (79.9 kg)

Calories:  1493

Protein:   130 g

Current Weight:   176.2 lbs  (79.9 kg)

31 Day Change:     -5.0 lbs  (-2.3 kg)

Only 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg) gained back from the Great Pizza Raid of March 26.  That's much better than I expected.

Bonus Objective: Investigate & develop a reference list of foundational 'Assassin' training. (complete)

Bonus Objective: Attempt various Assassin skills to determine my current abilities.

Played in Crow more.  I'm feeling comfortable in it now.  And I'm starting to understand what it means for it to be a hand balance skill.  Aside from staying tight in the arms, the real trick to Crow seems to be in applying more pressure to parts of the hands when the near constant shifts in balance threaten to topple me over.  I only lose the stand when I can't apply location-specific hand pressure fast enough to 'catch' the balance shift. 

I have a feeling this is exactly how balancing on our feet works, but we're just so good at it from years of practice that it takes only unconscious effort.  Watching me try to Crow probably looks a lot like watching an infant learn to stand on their feet.  Wobble, wobble, plop.

New assassiny skill of the day.  I did a little front split work.  Knees bent with front foot elevated and squared hips.  Feels very different than the stretches I was doing toward the center split.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 28, 2014

Weight:    176.6 lbs  (80.1 kg)

Calories:  1726

Protein:   178 g

Current Weight:   176.6 lbs  (80.1 kg)

32 Day Change:     -4.6 lbs  (-2.1 kg)

I only attempted Crow once, but I was able to push up into it for a 10-count without having feet elevated first.  Much better control than where I started a few days ago.  I've had fun with this.  I haven't forgotten I promised a video.  I'll take it over the weekend.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 29, 2014

Weight:    174.4 lbs  (79.1 kg)

Calories:  1627

Protein:   132 g

Current Weight:   174.4 lbs  (79.1 kg)

33 Day Change:     -6.8 lbs  (-3.1 kg)

Starting Waist:   35.40 in   (89.9 cm)

Current Waist:    32.09 in   (81.5 cm)

33 Day Change:    -3.31 in   (-8.4 cm)

I had to buy new pants.  NEW PANTS!!!

Crow video, as promised.

• Like 5

I Stand With Gina Carano

I'm not sure how to add a .gif into my message but here: http://justgif.com/253942/how-do-you-you-put-on-your-pants

YAY!

Plus I'm thinking you should get an awesome mask for your videos. 

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I'm not sure how to add a .gif into my message

I right click on the gif, copy image, and paste it into my message.

253942.gif

YAY!

:highly_amused: This is why Assassins really have a brotherhood: it takes help getting dressed with this much win.

Plus I'm thinking you should get an awesome mask for your videos.

I'm thinking you're right.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 30, 2014

Weight:    175.4 lbs  (79.6 kg)

Calories:  ????

Protein:   ??? g

Two targets lost for the day.  They gave me the slip at a festival.

Current Weight:   175.4 lbs  (79.6 kg)

34 Day Change:     -5.8 lbs  (-2.6 kg)

If it'll stop raining, I'll probably be trying some rolls and german-hang / back lever stuff over this final week.  And maybe see what I can do in the way of a wall-supported handstand.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Mar 31, 2014

Weight:    175.4 lbs  (79.6 kg)

Calories:  1790

Protein:   152 g

extended: Cut until March 31st, then reassess (complete)

extended: Cut until April 5th

Current Weight:   175.4 lbs  (79.6 kg)

35 Day Change:     -5.8 lbs  (-2.6 kg)

Reassess time again. 

I've reached my bodyfat goal, as I noted here.  But, I intend to move into a slow bulk next, and dropping more fat wouldn't be a bad idea in preparation for it. 

I'm going to try to get my waist as much below 32" (<81.3 cm) as I can by the end of this challenge.  I'm extending the cut through Saturday.  But that's it.  After that, whatever the results I get on the tape Sunday morning, I'm done with the cut.

I got all mentally prepared to try a wall handstand, then realized I have nowhere to do them.  I'll have to move some furniture around to get access to a wall.  I've got one, maybe two, spots where I think I can do that.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

You are making so much progress, Hazard!

I also love the idea of a mask for the videos. I might steal that for pics, since I have not posted any yet. :mushroom:

• Like 1

Report for: Apr 1, 2014

Weight:    175.0 lbs  (79.4 kg)

Calories:  1755

Protein:   191 g

extended: Cut until March 31st, then reassess (complete)

extended: Cut until April 5th

Current Weight:   175.0 lbs  (79.4 kg)

36 Day Change:     -6.2 lbs  (-2.8 kg)

I spent some time eying a closet door.  We had a long, drawn-out conversation in which I tried to convince the door that I wasn't going to break it doing handstands as long as it tried it's best not to get broken.  The door presented some concerns over being walked on, as it isn't the most sturdy of doors. 

Sympathetic to its concerns, and my desire not to have to spend money replacing it, I offered a compromise: I would skip the stomach-to-door walkup handstand progressions so I won't be placing a lot of weight against the door, and go straight for a back-to-door kickup instead.  The door was hesitant, but willing to give it a try.

I did two door-assisted kickup handstands.  Neither the door nor I were broken in the process.  This may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

• Like 8

I Stand With Gina Carano

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines