Little & Mighty

elinox

Lol.  Spaceballs is just one of those movies with lots of horribly memorable dialogue.

Like all of Mel Brooks' movies! :D

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

Oh, man.  Gotta see "The Emperor's New Groove" again.  Classic.

I am envious of your gym. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Yesterday's weight lifting workout didn't go so well. I'd gotten a 30 minute biking workout in over my lunch break and just didn't have a whole lot left at the end of the day for weights. And it's unusual because I enjoy the weights.

Will just have to try harder next week. Everything else during the week was successful though so that's something at least.

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Yea - timing two workouts in a day can be tricky.  Keep at it. Your body will adapt.  And be sure to eat enough - also a tricky equation. 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

And be sure to eat enough - also a tricky equation.

Well see that is the problem when I eat 1200 calories per day. I've been at that dietary plan since 2009 so since it's worked I won't be changing it. However, I do need to be careful at adding in too much exercise when balanced with my caloric intake.

Current Challenge: 

Perhaps that one was too easy...

"Hello Gorgeous!"

And no cheating people!

When I met my wife.

What?

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

If you're drastically upping your workouts, like with weights, it seems like you maybe ought to be eating a few more calories. I'm not a nutritionist, but the energy for the workouts has to come from somewhere.

Ideally it would come from me burning the fat into energy. ;)

I'm going to try the same routine this week to see how it goes. It could simply have been a bad day energy-wise on Friday. If I do the same stuff this week and still have no energy on Friday, then I'll think about adding more calories (or skipping the lunch workout on Fridays). 

And I guess there are no musical/theatre nerds here. "Hello Gorgeous" is from the Streisand hit Funny Girl. Fun fact: she also said it when presented with her Oscar for leading lady for the same movie. 

Current Challenge: 

I'm going to try the same routine this week to see how it goes. It could simply have been a bad day energy-wise on Friday. If I do the same stuff this week and still have no energy on Friday, then I'll think about adding more calories (or skipping the lunch workout on Fridays). 

And I guess there are no musical/theatre nerds here. "Hello Gorgeous" is from the Streisand hit Funny Girl. Fun fact: she also said it when presented with her Oscar for leading lady for the same movie. 

I think that you have a good plan to dial in the diet.

And I resent the idea that I am not a theatre nerd.  See, I spell it "theatre" so that tells you something right there.  Also, I can quote whole pages from "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead".

I just don't like Streisand (there, I said it).

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

And I resent the idea that I am not a theatre nerd.  See, I spell it "theatre" so that tells you something right there.  Also, I can quote whole pages from "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead".

I just don't like Streisand (there, I said it).

I'll admit I never thought much of her (aside from beautiful singing voice) but it was an enjoyable movie. {I'm more of a 'musicals should always have happy endings' sort of person, but oh well.}

Alright, fellow theatre nerd, here's another one just for you. It's from a song: "Who cares what they're wearing? From Main Street to Saville Road. It's what you wear from ear to ear, and not from head to toe that matters."

Current Challenge: 

Annie, "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" (I googled the song's name).  I have never seen that one on stage, just the 1982 film version.

Stage play, no singing involved, "We are all born mad. Some remain so."  First produced in French, if that helps.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Annie, "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" (I googled the song's name).  I have never seen that one on stage, just the 1982 film version.

I was Orphan #2 in my sophomore year of High School's spring show of Annie. :P

"...or I swear by my pretty blue bonnet I will end you."

Current Challenge: 

I was Orphan #2 in my sophomore year of High School's spring show of Annie. :tongue:

"...or I swear by my pretty blue bonnet I will end you."

Firefly.  My son's name is Malcolm, middle initial R.

• Like 1

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Too easy, right?

Yours I cheated with since I was only in a few plays, none of which were classical or French. :tongue:

Current Challenge: 

Ideally it would come from me burning the fat into energy. ;)

Hi elinox!  Maybe you don't have to think about adding more calories... one thing that worked for me was to change the WHEN i would eat.. I don't know much about your diet and snacking habits, but eat 30min/1hour before weight trainning or running made me feel better and in the end a better performance =)

Keep on, great goals, great challenge! =)

2014-02-14%2012.57.16.jpeg

• Like 1

First Quest! 5k Running (2014 not completed)

[Now] Do you wish to play again? (x) Yes ( ) No

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Worst Weight: 82Kg (180 lbs)

Best  Weight: 71Kg (156 lbs)

Actual Weight: 77Kg (169 lbs)

Hi elinox!  Maybe you don't have to think about adding more calories... one thing that worked for me was to change the WHEN i would eat.. I don't know much about your diet and snacking habits, but eat 30min/1hour before weight trainning or running made me feel better and in the end a better performance =)

Keep on, great goals, great challenge! =)

I've been trying to have some sort of snack before leaving work and right before my evening workout (which is my main one). Last week though I had a protein shake and I was just beat from the week. 

Thanks!

Current Challenge: 

I had a successful double workout yesterday. And the weight lifting went much better than on Friday! I'm now doing 45lb pull-overs, 70lb bar squats and 95lb bench presses! 

• Like 3

Current Challenge: 

Your bench press is seriously improving.

â•”â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¦â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¦â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•—
â•‘  Level 2      â•‘   Stats    â•‘   Challenges   │     Support     â•‘
â•‘  Dwarf        â• â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¬â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•ªâ•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•£
â•‘               â•‘ Str │   3  â•‘  2nd Challenge │  The Wild Hunt  â•‘
â•‘  Adventurer 2 â•‘ Dex │   1  â•‘  1st Challenge │  Browncoats     â•‘
â•‘               â•‘ Sta │   4  â•‘  3rd Challenge │  Rivendell Walk â•‘
â•‘               â•‘ Con │   5  â•‘                │                 â•‘
â• â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•£ Wis │   3  â•‘                │                 â•‘
â•‘   Food Log    â•‘ Cha │   3  â•‘                │                 â•‘
â•šâ•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•©â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•â•©â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•

Body fat % averaged from 3 sources. Calculator 1Calculator 2 ,Handheld Electric Measurement

Your bench press is seriously improving.

Thanks. I'm hoping to increase it to 100lbs next week. *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Wow - great job on the weights!!

Some kind of Jedi .....

Wow - great job on the weights!!

Thanks!

Yesterday I only got 1 workout in due to my work schedule. But it was a nice long, 3 mile or so walk in the pleasant weather. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

I can't believe you're apologetic about "only" getting one workout a day! :tongue: But seriously, great work!!! Very impressed by your bench!!!

Well I'm disappointed in myself since it's looking like I may not reach 2/3 of my other small quests. For example, last night I added to my sled squat but it's only at 210lbs now which is a long way from 282lb, my goal. My bar squat is now 70lbs and I'm shooting for 100lbs so that one still seems attainable. Barbell curls also don't look good as I haven't progressed past 20lbs and I've already altered my original plan by changing it to be 45lbs. I have managed to only have sweet snacks about twice a week though so that's something. 

So I'm upping my weights, just not as much as will likely put me at my end goal for the 6 week challenge. I'm trying to stay positive though; at least I'm going nightly!

Last night was a good, if quick, weight workout. And again, it's Thursday and I've only had a sugary snack once this week so far. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines