Little & Mighty

elinox

Friday was another double workout as I got 30 minutes of biking in over my lunch and then weights in the evening. It was a quicker weight workout though because we went to a Muppets Most Wanted afterwards. 

And yesterday was a complete loss because I stayed home from work with the husband due to him hurting his back (nothing serious, just an old strain). It was really just an excuse to be off of work. :tongue: But we both ate like crap all day and didn't exercise at all. You win some, you lose some. Back to the normal routine today!

• Like 3

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

You win some, you lose some. Back to the normal routine today!

Great attitude.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Great attitude.

Yup! Being able to get back into the routine after off-roading (planned or otherwise) is a great skill to have!

I'll third that. You have a great attitude and are quite ambitious. :)

Munqi
Monkey | Level 3 |

|STR: 4|DEX: 3|STA: 2|CON: 4|WIS: 3|CHA: 3|
Challenges:
1st | 2nd | 3rd
Strength

3%
3%

Flexility
2%
2%

Sleep
3%
3%

This ain't my first diet/workout rodeo. ;)

And I got a double workout in today. Not broken down how I'd planned, but good nonetheless.

First, I did 15 minutes on an eliptucal/stair thingy since my normal bike was occupied, then I did 30 minutes on a different bike (which I didn't like since the seat hurt my butt). After work, I went for a little over a mile walk with the husband. No weights since his back is still wonky so I will do those tomorrow over my lunch instead.

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

No double workout today because of allergy shots tonight. Over my lunch I got weights in though.

I did 100lb on the squat bar using the squat machine thingy. Using the machine was new and I'm not sure I liked it since it lacks free movement for the lifter. 

I also got to 230lbs with the squat sled. Nowhere near my goal of 282lb for this challenge, but still up from last week's weights. 

Current Challenge: 

The squat machine thingy is called a Smith Machine and is generally regarded as of the devil.

Glad to see you are making progress on the squat sled.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

The squat machine thingy is called a Smith Machine and is generally regarded as of the devil.

Yup, that was it. I'd have preferred the simple rack and free bar style squat bar, but it wasn't an option at my work's gym. They're limited by space I guess, but it was better than nothing. Is the Smith Machine the same weight-wise as just the bar? Like does my 100lb bar squat still count on it?

Current Challenge: 

I believe the weight is the same, but the muscle power may not translate.

That's fine, as muscle power is less of a concern since this was a once and done thing. I went because the husband hurt his back and thus can't lift this week and because I wanted to. As long as I lifted 100lb and it counts as 100lbs, I don't care. ;)

I reached my challenge squat bar goal, huzzah!

• Like 3

Current Challenge: 

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of biking over lunch and then just under two miles walking at home to the store. 

Time for the Goal Met Happy Dance!!! 

300sw047yusw9.gif

Current Challenge: 

Seems you made already huge progress - congratulations, especially on the squat bar goal! This is awesome!

Thanks!

As an aside, I hate eating healthy all week long with 1200 calories only to have the scale go up instead of down when I weigh in every Friday morning. (Granted, this Monday was a bust since I stayed at home, but still.) I've been stuck right around 141 pounds for months and it's pissing me off. I should be loosing fat while gaining muscle so the number should be dropping, not staying the same week after week. It's frustrating and the logic of it is lost on me.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Did you take measurements? 

I'm stuck on my weight for about 7 months now, after I lost a lot with Paleo. But my body is still reshaping for the better, although the damn scale isn't budging. Besides, one pound of muscle takes up less space than one pound of fat -maybe you lost fat, but gained muscle => scale doesn't budge, but things are actually getting better?

Taking measurements might be more accurate to assess changes than the scale.

I am in general not fond of scales or dress sizes. Judge by the way you look and feel! It is so much more rewarding in comparison to clinging to some numbers...

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Did you take measurements?...Taking measurements might be more accurate to assess changes than the scale.

I've been measured twice now using a measuring tape since starting my lifting regiment in November. Once in November and then again in the middle of February. The results were...lacking as far as what I thought I was doing. At least where I want more muscle, like my biceps. My hips and waist went down, so that's something I guess. 

I am in general not fond of scales or dress sizes. Judge by the way you look and feel! It is so much more rewarding in comparison to clinging to some numbers...

If I don't have a number on a scale to shoot for, I have trouble focusing on what I want to achieve. When I was heavier at 189lbs back in 2009, I felt mostly fine then too. And we're all our own worse critics as far as how we think we look goes!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

What about shooting for a certain body fat percentage? Is there any way you could get it tested near you? Even if it's not very accurate (i.e., calipers) you could still see trends. I understand how frustrating it can be to stay at the same weight. Have you thought about trying calorie cycling?

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

I had success with a body fat percent goal.  It meant that I still chased after a certain weight, but that was because I was dropping fat and not building (much) muscle at the time.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

. And we're all our own worse critics as far as how we think we look goes!

YES - we definitely are harder on ourselves.  Waist to hip ratio is important - it's taken as a measure of general condition and an estimate of likelihood of developing conditions such as adult onset diabetes.  It may take quite a while to see biceps measures change much, although I'm seeing muscle definition after 3 months of bodyweight workouts .... but the tape measure doesn't reflect that.  

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

What about shooting for a certain body fat percentage? Is there any way you could get it tested near you? Even if it's not very accurate (i.e., calipers) you could still see trends. I understand how frustrating it can be to stay at the same weight. Have you thought about trying calorie cycling?

I've been keeping track of my measurements, just like I do with how much weight I'm lifting, but I don't take measurements often because 1. it's a pain and 2. I'm not sure how accurate us doing it ourselves is. Conveniently, I was measured by someone used to doing so this past Saturday and thus updated my own records. :)

According to his measurements, my waist is 29 1/4" and my hips are 33 3/4" whereas back in February when I had my husband measure me, my waist was 34" and my hips were 39". Ignoring a margin of error, my numbers seem pretty good. I think?

Tracking according to BMI or body fat may work, but getting an accurate number for both is tricky. Both of those numbers for me, according to online websites, show that I'm in the 'normal' range. But I feel like I should be at least in the 'fit' range. According to one site, I'm at 25.72% body fat and 'fitness' starts at 24%. Shooting for at least 24% seems like a good idea!

As for a normal challenge update: Friday I failed at eating healthy because by dinner time I was so hungry that we ordered fried chicken. So eating last week, during the week, was bad. And I know it showed on the scale Friday morning.

On the plus side, I did weight lifting over my lunch on Friday and got my stiffleg deadlift to 100lbs! 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

BMI is fairly worthless since it doesn't account for body composition.  Hilarious, but some weight lifters have been told that they need to lose weight because their BMI was too high.  Body fat is a good estimate - especially if you can find a trainer to do the caliper measurements periodically.

Your numbers are improving!!  Keep at it.  24% should be very feasible. 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Double workout yesterday: biking for 30 minutes (which I'm really enjoying because it gives me a chance to read!) and then weight lifting after work. 

It's going to be so nice outside today that instead of going to the gym after work I think we'll be working in the yard. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Ha, for a moment I thought "wow, how will she read riding a bike" -- then, duh, it occurred to me you're talking about a stationary bike. I can be so dumb sometimes... :redface-new:

I'm looking forward to nicer weather, too. My garden needs attention.

No, you've got a point, I did say "biking". :P Usually I'm better at proofing my posts to make them abundantly clear, but I guess I finally missed one! 

Gardening is not my thing. Neither are plants, which I dislike...a lot. But warmer weather so I can lounge in my new hammock would be a plus!

Current Challenge: 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines