TerosX (7) - Aggressive Expansion

Teros

Hi, I'm Teros and if you clicked here, you're in the right place.  I've been here since April and I've dropped 4 pants sizes and gotten a hell of a lot stronger.  I need more though. My main goal is to lose 140 pounds, do triple-clap pushups,and complete a Spartan Race.  Last challenge I was trying to get back to normal with the post-holiday crap.

This upcoming challenge is all about Aggressive Expansion.

1) The first thing that needs to be back on track to fuel all the other stuff is simple: kill the batman Whole 30.

But that's not good enough. That is the 'norm'. I've done 3 of these damn things now and the mentality hasn't broken yet. I still have 'fat brain', where I need to reward myself with food.  And I count down the days until I CAN have food. So whole30 isn't good enough. I need Aggressive Expansion!  So I'm expanding this to a whole 42+.  That's the entire 6 week challenge. Not a month; a whole 6 weeks. And once I'm done?  See the '+'?  I still think that I need to aggressively expand further. 

I want to make this a permanent change to my life. Every non-whole30 food makes me feel like a big pile of garbage. Oh, blah blah blah whole 30 food is boring and I like cake and... SHUT UP FOOL!  If I want to break this cycle, it has to be PERMANENT, not a temporary fix that has me desperately wanting crappy food. I'm going to kill this addiction.

2) I'm going to work out 4x a week with my sledgehammer, tires, homemade kettelbells, walking, ect.

I let my exercise slack and I gave the excuse of tiredness on a whole 30 be my reasoning.  No more.  I'm going to just deal with it and exercise MORE.  In the spirit of Aggressive Expansion, I'm going to work out 4 times a week. I was doing 2 and *maybe* a 3rd if I felt like it. Guess what? I never felt like it.  That's not good enough. I can't be Mr. Bare Minimum anymore.  I need to actually challenge myself and keep the energy going for the entire challenge.

So!  That means working out 4 times a week. It can be a walk, or it can be 200+ reps with a sledgehammer. That's all up to me, but I'm going to do more. A lot more.  My body can handle it so I should be pushing myself.

3) Dishes and Cleaning. 

Dishes aren't very aggressive though....

The reason this has to be on here is because of the bitching that I get from my g/f.  She'll use every excuse to not meet me halfway on the whole 30(or in life, long story).  Doing the dishes means she's in the red. She has to make the food.  Period.  That means I can keep going with my whole +.

4) Assert Myself. 

I'm not sure how I can quantify this, but between the friends issue, school, dealing with my mom (another long story), and dealing with my g/f, I need to have some sort of mojo-building goal that I need to work on.  This is crucial right now.

So there you have it. Whole+, 4x workouts, Cleaning, and Assertion.  I'll figure points out later, but this is a rough draft of my next 6 week challenge.

• Like 14

Awesome Man love the Title!

Regarding the getting tired thing, switching over to paleo or whole30 is rough because you lack so many carbs, maybe you are going to low on carbs though? An avocado or apple may do wonders if that's the issue.

In any case, GOOD LUCK! I have been curious about whole30, so I am going to watch you and see how it goes.!

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Liking it buddy.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nice! My first challenge started last April, too, so when this one is completed, it will be our one year anniversary at NF. How time flies! Let's finish up this year strong. 

Satyr -- Level 4

STR 11|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 10|CHA 4

“The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a LIAR."

Hammers are cool.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

"You see, Madness is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a lil push!"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA-- err I mean, I'm definitely looking forward to this challenge my friend!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

"You see, Madness is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a lil push!"

-Sodamus Update-

Ok, so I'm starting to draft up some plans and I've been doing some writing last night. I need to fix this map that I have and see about how I can piece together printscreens to make something look nice for later on.  

I'll be food shopping today to get all prepared for the whole+.  I wish I could be in a better mood. I still haven't gotten a call back from the school.

• Like 2

LOVE your challenge!!! You will be awesome!!! (Well... you already are awesome, so you will be awesomer!!!)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

A) google paleo crockpot recipes and get some new, "not so boring" recipes for your Whole 30

B) I found working out helped me get through the cranky/tired days of the Whole 30 - use it to get through rather than as an excuse

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Ok so good news and horrific news.

Good News) The map I redid is made and it looks pretty awesome. I've kicked around the idea of multiple adventurers overlapping in terms of lore and the new map makes that possible.  I also pieced together all of the printscreens and came up with some new ideas for week 2.  I did the writing for week 1 that I needed to do.  I'm also having pizza today but tomorrow I decided that I'm starting my whole 42+ earlier than monday's challenge start. So it'll be more like 44+.

deep breath

Bad News) The woman at orientation lied to me about appealing the rejection to make everyone at orientation feel better.  There is NO appeal process. I'm rejected from school 100%.  But my g/f got in.  We did senior year of high school together (yes we're high-school sweethearts) and we did community college together... and we did our bachelor's together; because we both want to do the same thing. But now, with the Master's program (the hardest of the hard), she's doing it on her own.

I'm heartbroken and devastated because I can't do ANYTHING to turn this around, and she is devastated because we won't be sitting side by side; doing group projects with each other and going through the stress together. Whether it's bitching about professors, or making fun of assignments, or helping each other proofreading essays- we're both alone.

I'm trying to see this in some sort of positive light but I just can't. I'm really doing bad right now.  We both ended up crying yesterday for like an hour straight and I feel completely drained(woke up at 3am and my eyes are burning).  I didn't want to just abandon NF because I know all you people are so positive. Normally I'd just curl up in a ball and want to die but I'm trying really REALLY hard right now to not crumble. I desperately need some good vibes.

• Like 3

Well that sucks! But you are strong and so much stronger than you were.

I have never not seen you bounce back, and you will, but it will be very painful for a bit. There is lots of advice, but you are going to need to hurt and be angry for a while, so try to use it to make you a better person. Don't let it defeat you, go hit something with your sledgehammer til your tears are freezing your eyes open (I have no idea if that could actually happen... But I am imagining you as the Viking warrior pounding your rage out as your tears freeze in your beard...). Then plan.

You got this champ. We believe in you!

• Like 3

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

You guys won't be doing it alone! It means you will be able to be even more supportive of one and another. Instead of seeing it as a downfall for not getting in, think of it as a way to help more. You can be more objective when she is bitching about a professor, complaining about an assignment, proof reading her essays.... You don't have the stress of having to go through the masters program yourself, stress to remain positive and supportive of your g/f, stress of the whole(number) and the stress of working out all at the same time. (I hope this makes sense because it's 4am and I've been up for an hour but should be sleeping)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I LOVE YOU TEROS, like actully you are awesome, I am energetic this morning and trying to type my thread and it feels like I am echoing some Teros in there. You can read it later and laugh your face off.

Otherwise, that sucks that they didn't let you in but you are awesome and you guys will still be there for each other and not be alone!

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

*hugs*  Sucks dead bunnies.  I hate it when people lie just to avoid feeling bad themselves. 

This is going to be tough.  You'll struggle at times to be supportive of g/f when she's complaining about school.  I know.  Been there with hubby when he had a job - and I had been promised a job at the same university by someone who LIED to us to get him to move.   But you can do it because you are awesome. 

• Like 2

Jed'aii Ranger

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

I am so sorry! Did they at least give you the reasons you did not get in? You don't need to share with us all but they should give you what you needed to do. Take that and work on a plan to get accepted next year. Can you take a class with your GF even though you were accepted into the program? You are going to need to find something else to do while GF is in class so you won't go crazy thinking about it and be resentful towards her. This would be a good opportunity to take a class with out your GF and meet some new friends that have the same interests. Maybe that is your path. That which does not kill us.......f**k that! it still sucks.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I'm sorry you are going through this! My husband is in school to become a respiratory therapist, and it's hard on me because he now has this whole life that I feel I am not a part of... but on the plus side, I help him study and we have amazing study dates!:) I am a true believer in everything happens for a reason, so something good will come out of this!!! {hugs}

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines