Join the Rangers - fit to squash the opposition

Endor

Yes it's still me :) Just a little change to freshen things up! 

Friday: bfast: bacon & egg roll, lunch: chicken noodle soup dinner: steak w tabouleh and kale, snacks: 2 slices roast pork 

Exercise: None

Sat: .....

Exercise.... PT today so we'll see what he's got in store for me. 

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

Sat: bfast: small can tuna, lunch grass fed t-bone, dinner: mexican meatballs with spinach leaves snacks: stevia chocolate, coconut water, cheese on toast (oops)

Exercise:

When I showed up for PT coach says, today we're concentrating on power. No conditioning w00t! :D

PT

8 minute AMRAP Ladder Deadlifts and box jumps, 10 reps of each

40kg/10/1 10/1/1

60kg/10/1 10/1/1

70kg/10/1 10/1/1

80kg/10/1 10/1/1

90kg/5/1 -

ran out of time on last set

Then:

Dumbbell Press and one arm dumbell rows superset

15kg/5/1      25kg/1/1

17.5kg/5/1   25kg/1/1

17.5kg/5/1   25kg/1/1

17.5kg/5/1   25kg/1/1

17.5kg/5/1   25kg/1/1

Tough strength workout, legs and back are tired but got a lot of work done in 30 mins. I'm relatively new to deadlifts and my lower back was hurting but coach said my form was perfect so carried on through it. Feels a bit tight and tired now, maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

I'm starting to feel stronger and fitter, beginning to progress again and returning nearer to my pre-injury strength. The conditioning work is actually helping me to sustain more strength work, which is a bit counter intuitive for me but it seems to be working that way. Hitting my clean PR last week has also helped my confidence :positive:

I love deadlifts, they are my favourite lift, but they do make your back ache in a very specific (and sometimes extremely intense way!) which can be a little weird if you're not used to it. After a good session I feel like someone has replaced the muscles in my lower back with adamantiam like Wolverine :) Bad. Ass.

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Week 3 summary:

Goal 1 - Improve my Stamina and Endurance (STA 5)

- Don't miss any more than 1 scheduled session per week.

Exercise this week

Mon - 6km walk

Tues -  Squash match

Weds - 30 mins PT, Complex: 3 hang cleans, 1 push jerk, Max rep pullups

Thurs - 6km walk

Fri - None

Sat - 30 mins PT (8 minute AMRAP Ladder Deadlifts and box jumps, 10 reps of each + dumbell presses & rows), 6km walk

Sun - 6km walk, Conditioning (5 rounds of 10m there & back shuttle, 10 burpees, 12 KB swings at 24kg)

Bonus: 150 pressup points this week. 

Goal 2 - Sub 80kg (CHA 2, DEX 3)

Dropped a kg out of nowhere! I will be analysing my exercise and eating to see where I did better. Probably less calories from alcohol and sugar I think.

Weight: 84.9 -> 85.3kg -> 84.3kg

BF%: 21.5 -> 21.1 -> 21.4

Goal 3 - 80% Paleo  - 17 main meals per week. (CHA 3, DEX 2)

Mon: 3

Tues: 1

Weds: 2

Thurs: 1

Fri: 1

Sat: 3

Sun: 3

Total paleo meals: 14

12 ->10 -> 14

Well whaddya know, 50% more paleo meals than last week and I dropped a kilo, hardly a surprise! I really need to focus on nutrition to drop the weight I want to and make the strength gains. I haven't tracked it here but the meals I'm classing as non-paleo this week were generally not too terrible either, things like home made chicken curry with a small amount of white rice and chicken souvlaki with a white bread wrap. I haven't been eating crap like lollies or chips. 

Mon: Exercise 6km walk Food: B=cornish pastie, L=meatballs, D=Ginger chicken with zoodles Snacks: Stevia choc, crunchie easter bunny ears (oops), orange.   (2 Paleo meals)

Bonus: 20 decline pushups (30 points), 20 normal pushups (20 points)

My dog is sick :( He had a really bad eye on Saturday, closed up so we took him to the vet and he's got a corneal ulcer, quite a bad one. He's such a little soldier, never complains and always upbeat, I feel so sad for the little man. We've got some cream to put in his eye every 4 hours and some painkillers for him twice a day. The vet told us there's a chance he might go blind in that eye, I really hope not he's such a little character it might affect his personality. Anyway we're back to the vet tomorrow, really hoping for some good news. 

Sorry to hear about your dog, but I am confident he will be fine with or without the eye!

Thanks mate, the vet was really pleased with his progress and reckons it should be healed up within about 2 weeks, what a huge relief :)

Tues:

Food: B=B&E roll, L=Roast pork with crackling and veggies, D=pies, cake and other assorted crap (dinner provided by the squash team)

Exercise: Won my Squash match 3-1, I'm on fire ;)

Weds:

Food: B=meatballs and a banana, L=4 Bacon and 2 Eggs, D=chilli

Exercise:3km walk, PT 30 mins, 6km walk

PT 30 mins

Combo 1 Clean and 2 Front Squats:

20/1/1

30/1/1

40/1/1

50/1/1

60/1/1

70/1/1 <- equal PR but power cleaned it so coach made me do it again with same weight

70/1/1 <- equal PR

Then he taught me kipping pull-ups and I did about 10-15 of those.

Under some intense work pressure again, very condensed timeframes but am sticking to my guns and exercising every day.

Whoo! You go D! Glad doggy is ok :)

Thanks Ems :)

Thurs:

Food: B=2bacon & 2 eggs, L= Pork chop & salad, D=meatballs and veggies. Snacks: plum, whole slab of dark choc :(

Exercise: 6km walk. Supposed to do my conditioning today but too busy with work unfortunately.

Bonus: 40 decline pushups for 60 PVP points

Yesterday coach told me he thought my belly had finally gone down, I said I think there's still a couple of christmas puddings lodged in there somewhere :lol:

Sat: B=3 egg omellete w/cheese, L=banana, pork chop, mini burger, D=friends round for end of summer bbq + drinks.

Exercise = PT 40 mins

PT today:

Coach had double booked me by accident so we joined forces and did a workout together, a guy I hadn't met before called Rob, around my age and standard so it was a good session pushing each other. As he'd double bookd coach gave us a nice fun session testing our 1RM's.

Power Clean ladder:

bar

40/1/1

45/1/1

50/1/1

55/1/1

60/1/1

65/1/1

70/1/1 <-equal PR

75/1/1 <- PR :D :D :D

80/1/1 fail. Got it high enough but didn't get under it.

Push Jerk ladder

bar

40/1/1

45/1/1

50/1/1

55/1/1

60/1/1

65/1/1

70/1/1 <-equal PR

75/1/1 fail, not enough drive left in my hips to get it high enough.

Front Squat ladder

bar

40/1/1

45/1/1

50/1/1

55/1/1

60/1/1

65/1/1

70/1/1

75/1/1

80/1/1

85/1/1

90/1/1 fail, stuck in the hole. I think my legs were tired by this point.

Previous FS PR was 92kg, that was a long while back.when I was squatting 3 times a week so I'm actually pretty pleased with 85, that's decent comeback progress after my foot injury.

Bonus: 20 decline pushups and 10 standard,

Week 4 summary:

Exercise this week

Mon - 6km walk

Tues -  Squash match

Weds - 30 mins PT (lifting), 9km walk

Thurs - 6km walk

Fri - 3km walk

Sat - 40 mins PT (lifting ladders)

Sun - ....

Dropped 200g, more importantly my BF% has dropped, trousers don't feel as tight and my wife told me my belly is shrinking :)

Weight: 84.9 -> 85.3kg -> 84.3kg -> 84.1kg

BF%: 21.5 -> 21.1 -> 21.4 -> 20.0

Mon: 2

Tues: 1

Weds: 3

Thurs: 3

Fri: 1

Sat: 2

Total paleo meals: 15

12 ->10 -> 14 -> 15

It's pretty clear that I drop body fat when I eat more Paleo and exercise.

I'm enjoying this challenge, managing to be pretty consistent and can see measurable gains in my strength and fitness :positive:

Nice week. I hope the scale and BF keep heading the right direction!

Thanks Wover, things are going well at the moment :)

Tues: B=steak, L=chilli D=steak (+pies and crap at squash)

Exercise: squash match. 

I had a brutal squash match, played the top seed from my division. Usually he's handicapped at -4 points but they removed his handicap to play me which I was very surprised about. It was a very physical and close match. In the end it came down to the last ball of the match and I managed to beat him 3 games to 2. Very happy with the way I played, found out his strengths and weaknesses in the first 2 games, adapted my game and took him out. These 5 game matches are gruelling and this one really tested my fitness, I'm so pleased I've been doing extra conditioning work so I could go the distance. When I got home my hips and knees were sore. 

Weds: B=Bacon & Egg roll, L=Roast pork and veggies D=Chicken pot pie (very small amount of pastry on top)

Exercise: PT 30 mins.

I only got about 9 hours rest between my squash match and PT so I was still very tired and didn't have time for breakfast before I went. The session was very tough and my coach said he'd never seen me so weak in the squat, obviously the squash had really taken it out of me. I was craving food so bad on the way home, not even a hungry feeling just felt like I needed fuel.

PT: 30 mins

Complex: Powerclean from floor then squat clean from hang. 

40/1/1

50/1/1

60/1/1

60/1/1

65/1/1<- very hard

65/1/1<- very hard

10  min AMRAP

200m row, 10 feet through rings, 10 powercleans @ 50kg

I managed 2 full rounds then the third round I got the row and the rings but ran out of time for the powercleans. 

My right elbow is very sore as are my shoulders, I think it's from the toes to rings rather than the squash so still no pushups yet for the PVP, will try later today and see how they feel. 

wow!  What a match!  Glad you got to do that. you're doing so well. Maybe you should focus on some active recovery after that grueling match (and i'm not saying that cos i wanna win our PvP - i actually really want you to recover).

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

wow!  What a match!  Glad you got to do that. you're doing so well. Maybe you should focus on some active recovery after that grueling match (and i'm not saying that cos i wanna win our PvP - i actually really want you to recover).

I'd really like to be doing that, in particular I've neglected my swimming the last few months and it is on my mind. I'm similar to you at the moment though with work, up to my neck in it. I'm working about 70-80 hours a week at the moment to deliver a project in very tight timeframes, probably got another 5-6 weeks of that unfortunately. I'm trying not to compromise on my exercise but my discretionary time for swimming has to be spent on walking the dog instead as he really needs a lot of walking to drain his energy. I don't resent him for it, just the way he is and that's genetic not his fault. Maybe I will get a swim this weekend, we'll see.

I feel like I need to rest my elbow, even using m mouse is sore :(

Thurs:

Food: Forgotten....prob 2 paleo

Exercise: 6km walk

Fri:

Food: B: B&E roll, L:steak and potatoes, D: Pork chops & Gnocchi Snack: 3 choc bars :( Lots of beer

Exercise:None

Sat

Food: B: 3 egg Omellete, L Steak & Salad, D: Pie and chips  :nightmare:  Snacks: Lots of beer, half a tub of ice cream  :nightmare:

Exercise: 6km walk + 10-1 for time of Burpees, FS@30kg, sit ups

Sun:

Food: B: banana, coconut water, L: ..., D:.....

Exercise:6km walk, 7 rounds 1:1 (rest for as long as the set takes) 30 lateral bar jumps, 10 thrusters@30kg

OMG I thought Burpees were bad, Thrusters are tough work!

Week 5 summary:

Exercise this week

Mon - 6km walk

Tues -  Squash match

Weds - 30 mins PT (lifting), 

Thurs - 6km walk

Fri - None (commuting)

Sat -  6km walk + home conditioning

Sun - 6km walk + home conditioning + 6km walk

Dropped 200g, more importantly my BF% has dropped, trousers don't feel as tight and my wife told me my belly is shrinking  :)

Weight: 84.9 -> 85.3kg -> 84.3kg -> 84.1kg -> 85.2kg

BF%: 21.5 -> 21.1 -> 21.4 -> 20.0 -> 21.3

Mon: 3

Tues: 3

Weds: 2

Thurs: 2

Fri: 0

Sat: 1

Total paleo meals: 14

12 ->10 -> 14 -> 15 ->14

I know exactly why I have put weight on this week, eaten too much rubbish. By and large the main meals weren't too bad but I've eaten a lot snacks and drank a lot of beer so not surprising I put weight on. Will try to do a better job of resisting this week. I've asked my wife not to buy any more ice cream, if it's in the house I demolish it, if it's not I don't even think about it. 

I know exactly why I have put weight on this week, eaten too much rubbish. By and large the main meals weren't too bad but I've eaten a lot snacks and drank a lot of beer so not surprising I put weight on. Will try to do a better job of resisting this week. I've asked my wife not to buy any more ice cream, if it's in the house I demolish it, if it's not I don't even think about it. 

Yikes, i hear you on that.  But i have gotten way better at resisting temptation and JV has become rather good at telling me when to behave, lol. I think it's mainly cos he doesn't like me getting into his sweet stash :P

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Personally I think all the beer drinking sounds GREAT, but I'm a drinker. That ice cream though... bleh. Ice cream. How can you eat it? ;)

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

I struggled a lot with this last week - it seems small at the time, but all the crap really starts to add up! Out of sight, out of mind really does work though, well done man with a plan :)

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines