Join the Rangers - fit to squash the opposition

Endor

Personally I think all the beer drinking sounds GREAT, but I'm a drinker. That ice cream though... bleh. Ice cream. How can you eat it? ;)

It wasn't even that nice, some cheap crap from Aldi, I get Maggie Beer burnt fig  if I'm going to eat it so that it's really worth it!

Yikes, i hear you on that.  But i have gotten way better at resisting temptation and JV has become rather good at telling me when to behave, lol. I think it's mainly cos he doesn't like me getting into his sweet stash :tongue:

I got told off for eating the cooking chocolate :redface-new:

I struggled a lot with this last week - it seems small at the time, but all the crap really starts to add up! Out of sight, out of mind really does work though, well done man with a plan :)

Exactly, all these little things add up....

Mon:

Food: B= B&E, L=Chilli, D=Steak & Salad

Exercise: 6km walk

Tues:

Food = B= B&E, L=Chilli, D= Steak Snacks: Sponge cake, cookies, pork pie  :neglected:

Exercise: Squash match

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

I won my squash match last night 3-1. 

This was a benchmark game as I was playing the same guy that I played in the first match of the tournament. Back then it was a very close and hard fought game, this time around I won much more easily. Clearly I am a lot fitter than I was 6 weeks ago and he told me the power in my shots has massively increased. All the specific work on improving hip strength seems to have paid off and translated into more powerful shots :) I've also noticed I am much faster on the court and can make it to shots I couldn't 6 weeks ago. So far 7 matches played, all wins :D  Another 13 matches to go though so still early days. 

• Like 1

I got told off for eating the cooking chocolate :redface-new:

This made me giggle out loud :D

I won my squash match last night 3-1. 

This was a benchmark game as I was playing the same guy that I played in the first match of the tournament. Back then it was a very close and hard fought game, this time around I won much more easily. Clearly I am a lot fitter than I was 6 weeks ago and he told me the power in my shots has massively increased. All the specific work on improving hip strength seems to have paid off and translated into more powerful shots :) I've also noticed I am much faster on the court and can make it to shots I couldn't 6 weeks ago. So far 7 matches played, all wins :D  Another 13 matches to go though so still early days. 

Sweet! Well done!

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Weds:

Exercise: PT

2 mins on 1 min rest. Sets of 3 Pullups, Clean a 20kg slam ball and throw it up to 9ft line, Box jumps

3/10/10

3/8/10

3/8/7

3/7/5

2/5/5

2/5/8

2/5/5

Thurs:

Exercise:

8 rounds for time of 3 pullups, 6 pushups, 9 situps, 12 jump lunges

I completed all 8 rounds but the last 3 rounds I could only manage 2 pullups. 1 min rests between sets.

Additional: 52 single pushups, sets of 10 with 1 min rests.

Fri:

Exercise: none

Sat: 

Exercise: PT

Test 3RM for Thruster

3/40/1

3/50/1

3/55/1

3/60/1 <-ugly but did them

then

3 thrusters + 5 rows with 2x24kg kettlebells (keep a straight back, "glass of milk on your chest!)

I did 5 sets. 

then

3 sets of 8 feet through rings. Only got 6 on the last set. 

Sunday:

Exercise: ....

Week 6 summary:

Goal 1 - Improve my Stamina and Endurance (STA 5)

- Don't miss any more than 1 scheduled session per week.

Exercise this week

Mon - 6km walk

Tues -  Squash match

Weds - 30 mins PT (lifting), 

Thurs - home conditioning

Fri - None (commuting)

Sat -  6km walk + PT

Sun - 6km walk + home conditioning

Bonus: 150 pressup points this week. 

Goal 2 - Sub 80kg (CHA 2, DEX 3)

Weight: 84.9 -> 85.3kg -> 84.3kg -> 84.1kg -> 85.2kg -> 85.2kg

BF%: 21.5 -> 21.1 -> 21.4 -> 20.0 -> 21.3 -> 20.7

Goal 3 - 80% Paleo  - 17 main meals per week. (CHA 3, DEX 2)

Total paleo meals: ?

12 ->10 -> 14 -> 15 ->14 -> ? <- didn't log

Challenge Round Up

Stats:

Weight: 84.9 kg  --> 85.1kg

Body fat: 21.5%  --> 20.1 %

Goal 1 - Improve my Stamina and Endurance (STA 5)

This is my main goal this challenge and the reason I have come for a sabbatical with the Rangers, hoping for some support from you nice folks as I go through some grueling conditioning  :)

I will consider this goal a success based on 2 criteria:

- Don't miss any more than 1 scheduled session per week.

- We will beep test at the beginning and end of the 6 week program, I want to see a significant improvement in the second beep test.

I'm pleased with my progress in this goal, I've done a lot more work this challenge than ever before. I have definitely improved my fitness and stamina. I didn't beep test at start after all but I did do an AMRAP test which I will be repeating soon. Some weeks I didn't get my extra conditioning done but I've had a very busy work schedule which has got in the way. Overall I'm giving myself an A for this. 

Goal 2 - Sub 80kg (CHA 2, DEX 3)

Yes weight figures are arbitrary but I have some fat to lose and I need a goal to focus on. I also want less weight to have to haul around the squash court. Weigh in once a week, if I stay the same weight but BF% drops that's good news too. I have a nice reward linked to this, details below.

I've finished on the same weight but lower body fat which is an improvement. Long way to go to 80 though....C.

Goal 3 - 80% Paleo  - 17 main meals per week. (CHA 3, DEX 2)

I've let a fair bit of poor food creep here and there over the last few weeks, need to get my focus back and remind myself I feel much better on a Primal/Paleo diet.

I did quite well eating Paleo main meals but I'm eating too many low quality snacks and treats and drinking too much. This will be the main focus for my next challenge...again,

Rewards:

History shows rewards also work well for me.

- If I go sub 80kg I will book my dream diving trip to the Yongala wreck.

I really want to do the dive before I turn 40 so I need to cut next challenge. 

All in all a good consistent challenge, feels like I'm back on track after the ups and downs of last year. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines