Double-unders are one of my "goats", so it's time to do something about it!

Current: Can get about 10 SUDU in a row on a good day.

Goal: 10 unbroken double-unders.

Scoring: At the end of the quest, I will have 5 chances to get a maximal set of double-unders. For the maximal set, 5 points for each successful DU. This goal is worth 50 points, so more than 10 unbroken DU is extra credit.

Related Goals:

• Supporting goal: at least 10 minutes of DU practice or 100 DU every week. This goal is worth 10 points each week, and DU during a WOD count, provided they are done as consecutive DU and not as SUDU.
  • Supporting life goals: continue to eat right, keep my weight below 175, continue to train 4-5x / week. These are now part of my baseline and thus aren't worth extra points.
  • Life goals: do each CrossFit Open workout RX. This goal is worth 5 points each week.

Grading: points will be totaled and divided by 140, the total number of available points.

• A+ -- over 100%
  • A -- 91-100%
  • B -- 81-90%
  • etc.

Attribute points awarded at the end of this challenge will be primarily allocated to:

• DEXterity (technical ability to do DU)
  • STAmina (metabolic conditioning involved)
  • CONstitution (for perseverance)
  • CHArisma (cool factor)
  • WISdom is available if I meet my supporting life goals.

This challenge isn't eligible for STRength points.

• Like 1

Week 1!

• Tuesday: 15 DU in practice, but got no more than 3-4 at a time. Also did 75 SUDU in the WOD, but those don't count for the challenge.
  • Wednesday: practiced DU for 10 minutes to great success! While most sets were just 2-4, I got an unbroken string of 13 and got 10 four times! Woot! Woot! Wow, DU are tiring...

Wow, I'm impressed! I am working on getting my first double under. I'm SO CLOSE. I posted a picture on facebook yesterday of my jumprope burns from where it whipped my arms when I missed.

Good luck!

Yeah, I've got some nasty DU whip on my left hand from today. It will all be worth it though. I hope.

Not sure if this will help you, but I'm finding that I get better DUs by slowing down.

Week 1 is over. Awesome!

Sunday: did Open 14.1 and it was awesome! Gave myself a woot for my performance. WOD included 120 DU; I did about 20-25 as SUDU, but the rest were consecutives. Well done!

Points for the week:

• Supporting goal: well over 10 minutes of DU practice. 10 points.
  • Supporting life goals: continued to eat right, weight is stable. Check!
  • Life goals: did Open 14.1. 5 points.

Current status: 15/15 points, A+!

Week 2, Tuesday: WOD included 100x DU; that segment took me about 4 minutes, or about 25/min. Got two strings of 20 as part of that. Will count it as 3 minutes of DU practice toward my goal (I rested -- it was at the end of the WOD), or 5 minutes total practice so far this week.

Week 2, Wednesday. WOD was an EMOM 10x DU, the result being that I did 110 DU as part of the WOD. Will count that as 3 minutes of DU practice, total of 8 minutes so far this week.

Definitely getting more efficient -- not jumping around spastically anymore!

Ooh, how many pull-ups, and how much weight?

I realized that in CrossFit I only ever do kipping pull-ups, so I decided to do some pull-up strength training. Started with 3 sets of 5 strict pull-ups; that was quite easy, so I added 25 lbs. Did a set of 4 and another set of 5. Next goal: 3 sets of 5 weighted pull-ups at 25 lbs.

Week 2, Friday: Practiced DU for 2 minutes. Got 34 unbroken, wow!

Summary for the week:

• Life goals: Open 14.2 still outstanding.

End of Week 2.

• Life goals: Eked out 2 reps for 14.2, each an OHS PR! 5 points.

Score as of end of week two: 30/30 points, A+!

Week 3, Monday: 1 minute DU practice; got 34 DU, albeit no particularly long strings. (longest was 10ish) But I did it after the WOD so that I was already fatigued, and I think my form has gotten more efficient.

Week 3, Tuesday: WOD started and ended with 100x DU; I got some nice streaks in there. Opening 100x DU took me about 3:30 and closing set no doubt took longer, so will count this as 7 minutes of practice. Form is definitely improving, though fatigue is still the enemy!

So far this week: 8 minutes of practice.

I realized that in CrossFit I only ever do kipping pull-ups, so I decided to do some pull-up strength training. Started with 3 sets of 5 strict pull-ups; that was quite easy, so I added 25 lbs. Did a set of 4 and another set of 5. Next goal: 3 sets of 5 weighted pull-ups at 25 lbs.

Good for you! That's pretty good strength.