musasabi- Second Half of the First Challenge: Finish the Long Haul

musasabi

Hahahahah. I can't believe you front and back squatted a microwave.

Trooper.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Wow, your workouts sound intense! I feel like I need to step up my game now. Awesome start to your second half!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

That's the first time I've read the weight notation as 'microwave.' It struck me as really funny, and also awesome. You could basically start doing some strongman type stuff with that, given that as a weight it doesn't conform to familiar bell structures.

Also, love how you notice your body's development... and then just repeat the routine. That's awesome, man.

Don't you just love those freaking pushups!?

Haha I like the determination there :D makes for a great workout log when you can say you've been doing MICROWAVE SQUATS

I knew I couldn't do just bodyweight reps if I ever wanted to finish, haha.

Definitely good job modifying your workouts when you were in the hotel room! I've taken kettlebells with me before and done hotel room workouts - so I know how effective they can be! Great job staying on track!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!  :highly_amused:

Thank you dear. =) Kettlebell luggage must suck! Haha.

Hahahahah. I can't believe you front and back squatted a microwave.

Trooper.

Gotta make do, y'know? ;D

I love the microwave fitness. You've got nuclear muscles now!

Hahaha! *poses* *detonates*

Wow, your workouts sound intense! I feel like I need to step up my game now. Awesome start to your second half!

When you work out with a bodybuilder, shit gets real. ;)

Thanks!

That's the first time I've read the weight notation as 'microwave.' It struck me as really funny, and also awesome. You could basically start doing some strongman type stuff with that, given that as a weight it doesn't conform to familiar bell structures.

Also, love how you notice your body's development... and then just repeat the routine. That's awesome, man.

Don't you just love those freaking pushups!?

Haha. Glad it made you laugh, since I was definitely chuckling while typing it. And I hadn't thought of the strongman applications... Hmm!

And thanks for the acknowledgement on repeating the exercises, haha. I was definitely proud of myself for that.

In for German autos and the Fratellis. More when I'm not in my phone :).

<3!

I would love to have room service walk in while you're pressing the microwave.  Do you make a rage face while you're doing it?

MAAAAATTTTT. I was super rage faced on the second round of legs, haha. Maybe rageagony? But whenever I'm in a hotel, I've always got the "do not disturb" tag hung so they'll stay out of my room, haha.

ok lots of people have already said it, but I have to say it too...

Freakin awesome microwave workout!

=D Danke!

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

So... guess where I am now guys? Right at this very moment (3:18am Eastern US) I am sat in a parking lot waiting for service dudes to finish their rounds so I can go tinker with the electronics on their vehicles. I knocked out a 3 hour nap or so before I came in at midnight... but I am so damn grateful to NF right now for something to do for the past two hours. <3

Now then! I get to award myself +6XP DEX for foam rolling and stretching after the microwaveworkout and last night. I haven't yet done a workout today (yesterday? Fuck. The 27th) but I am planning on getting one in when I get back to the hotel because fuck it. =D

However, I realized I'd left a bit out of my Tuesday story. Monday night, I'd said I was going to PVC roll and stretch... but I didn't. D= So, I tried to pack my PVC pipe in my luggage to bring down to Florida... but it didn't fit in my bags. I was determined to not disappoint Master Kishi, however, so I got on ye olde Google and discovered that there was a Sports Authority not but a few minutes from my hotel! Hooray!

Before the workout Tuesday, I made my way there and grabbed a 12" foam roller and a lacrosse ball. Generally, I prefer PVC for rolling because it really makes me cry. However, this foam roller does the job with the right weight distribution and is far more compact/appropriate for travel. And I've never used a lacrosse ball before, but that definitely makes me cry. Haha.

Regarding work... blah. Just blah. The trip is technically a failure as of this moment (and we're going home tomorrow afternoon, so I don't see that changing) and while I'd been doing well keeping myself positive for the last couple of days, today the gravity of the situation began to overtake me.

Part of my challenge is that, in the simplest terms, I have some deeply rooted, child-like belief that failure will literally equal my demise. I'm not sure where exactly it comes from (early developmental psychology is a trip, even for healthy folks) but it's potent. So when things start going awry, even when there was absolutely nothing I could've done to prevent it, if it's "my" responsibility, I begin to feel quite anxious and it just goes down hill from there. Again, as deep as the anxiety feels, it's clearly related to my sense of safety, for whatever reason.

So I spent this afternoon thinking to myself, "All failures are recoverable. You will not die." As whacked as the vocabulary sounds in the context of a bad day at work, it helped a lot. Instead of getting down on myself (as I am want to do far too often) I felt very brief blips of anger toward this project that were quickly replaced by feelings of, "I did what I could. FUck 'em. I'm going to go get a pizza." And I did. =D

So... yeah. In the psychological health realm, today was actually pretty damn good. A PR, even. ;D Work... well, we'll see how this pans out on Monday. Ha.

And now! Off to check whether they're done with that last vehicle I need.

<3@everyone!

• Like 1

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

K. Just got back from the customer's site. Not doing a workout. Gonna sleep. *punchedinthefacetired*

On an up-note, in 12 hours I'll be on a plane back home and a pretty girl will be waiting on me to come pick her up from a hotel. =)

Oh! And I totally paid dem billz today. Haha. Discovered unaccounted for points on my credit card (haven't been using it, but still have a long way to go on the balance) so I scored an extra $100 off the top of that, which will help to improve my blue finance numbers in the OP. Those are technically scheduled to be recalculated on Saturday, but I might wait until Monday or Tuesday to let the financial institutions do what they do.

0sleep3yoke.jpg

That feel. I'm not even that tired, but I feel like I should be.

K. Night. <3

5'11"/180cm

Dude, aren't LAX balls just the best things? They squeeze the pain from you, and it just so happens that pain looks like tears. :D And leaves via the eyes. I'm sure there's some New-Agey, chakra magic going on there, but as far as I'm concerned, pain is just weird that way.

I'm sorry your trip was a bust. I don't know you all that well - hello, internet friend! - but you don't strike me as the kind of guy to do a half-assed job or give anything less than your best. I'm sure you whole-assed this and made the most of it. Failure is a shitty reward for working so hard, but being able to leave the task without regret? That's gotta have some value too.

• Like 1

Thanks guise. =D

Yeah, I gave it everything I could reasonably be expected to give, in my opinion. So, I'm not heartbroken. A little frustrated, but managed to not internalize any of that due to the aforementioned positive self talk. Woo therapy! Haha.

And yeah, tonight is for Arrow and productivity. =) So, woot!

5'11"/180cm

Thanks guise. =D

Yeah, I gave it everything I could reasonably be expected to give, in my opinion. So, I'm not heartbroken. A little frustrated, but managed to not internalize any of that due to the aforementioned positive self talk. Woo therapy! Haha.

And yeah, tonight is for Arrow and productivity. =) So, woot!

+1 for Arrow. Super hero theme makes me biased, but I'm enjoying it.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Have you ever used a buffer?

Nope. What this? =)

5'11"/180cm

wow! lots of work out of you this week! congrats! microwaves and lacrosse flossing. you're on a whole separate level haha keep up the good work!

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

65% through the "long haul" - how's the progress going? Had any time to keep up with the training?  I hadn't heard anything from this thread for a while - clear;y I missed the activity otherwise I wouldn't've remembered :P

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Dude, you can totally do this. So your challenge ends up taking a little while longer. So what? You've just figured out faster than most that Challenges aren't really about having an end goal, but are about finding and developing systems that get us to where we want to be.

Kudos, man. It took me years to figure that one out.

Anyway, you have a lot of awesome inspirations to look up to. Think I'll hang out here for a while, if that's all right.

This is an excellent observation to which I would only add that you must also figure out the systems that you have put in place to undermine yourself. You must be honest with yourself and see through your lies to yourself, your rackets, only in this can you free yourself and forge new paths and behaviors.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines