Lilith the Chubby Kitten - The Battle Against Fear

Lilith

Kb girl I study biomedic sciences.

The mystery location surprise holiday us in Berlin btw! My plane landed at 11am and we've been randomly exploring.

Now we are resting for a moment in our apartment, it's huge and super luxurious with a congiergerie that provided us with yoga mats and basically does everything you ask! They can eveb do grocery shopping for you because we have a huge well stocked kitchen.

Anyway, I'm here until Monday afternoon so if anyone has tips regarding places to eat or stuff to do they are appreciated!

I won't do challenge updates but I'm keeping track on paper and will post those when I get back home

• Like 1

It really is! The living room is huge too, enough space for the workouts I planned to do here! And we have a tv, wifi, ipad with their app with recommendations, huge fluffy couch I'm sitting on now... Well I'm in love I'm trading my own appartment for this here

I love Berlin! Unfortunately it was 10 years ago since I lived there (for a few months only) so I can't really recommend anything... I need to revisit the city at some point. Randomly exploring is the best way to see the city though, and don't be afraid to pop into small weird looking art galleries and bars and such, you'll find cool stuff in the most random places! Especially on the Eastern side. Wherever you'll end up - hope you'll have a great time!

Berlin sounds amazing :D

Can't offer any recommendations, sadly, I've never been myself and the one housemate who (I think) has is away up in Inverness. Still, exploring is fun, and that apartment sounds fantastic!

Enjoy yourself :)

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Week 1 day 5 - 7 (Friday - Sunday) so over the holiday!

Workout?  (5/5)

I did a workout on Friday, and I did one on Sunday, so that went swimmingly! There was enough space in the appartment and I picked some workouts beforehand that didn't need any equipment, true assassin style!

Skill Practice?   (7/5)

There was a yoga mat in the apartment so I did yoga every day, including some partner yoga poses because me and my boyfriend fell in love with that idea. I've also practiced my bridge and I can now quite stably get into a bridge. I surprised myself with the camel pose too. I remember that I always found it difficult but now I could go so low I could look at the wall behind me. Proud of myself!

BodieBoost: ADD

Friday: A. I did so well, I didn't have any treats on the airport or in the plane (where they give you a snack) and I was amazing. All the other days were a D because for some reason I couldn't bring myself to keep count and I was constantly jealous at my boyfriend for eating snacks and treats and tasty things and I had to look for yoghurt and veggies and I didn't want to. :(

Life Goal:  ABB

Friday was great, I actually studied on the plane and in the apartment so definitely an A considering it was a holiday. The other days I made sure to read at least a paragraph,and that counts for a B again considering this was a holiday and I think "enjoying yourself while on holiday" counts as a life goal thing too.

Week 2 day 1 (Monday)

Last holiday day.

Did not workout, did do yoga so 1/5 of skill practice, did not eat well so a D again and didn't do anything life related except enjoying myself so I don't get an F but I don't get an A either... C it is. 

Now about the holiday! Well I said before the apartment with congiergerie was awesome! It was rather hip so there was a great tea selection and all the food options (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) were bio, organic, and delicious! We took part in the breakfast buffet two times and there was a wide assortment of fruit and mueslis that I particularly enjoyed! More delicious food: first day our lunch was dumplings in an AMAZING asian dumpling restaurant. Dinner at a luxurious Italian restaurant (the kind where they do not serve pizza) I forgot the name but it's mentioned in the Michelin Guides (no it doesn't have a star, but just getting a mention  there means something already) I had saffron risotto and veal shank there. AMAAAAAZING. We also ate curry wurst (shared one portion just to taste really) berliner donut/jelly type things, sushi, Haagendasz icecream, duck breast at another restaurant and I am forgetting more than half obviously but those were some highlights! 

Citywise we saw the Berlin wall, the cold war bunkers of the Unterwelten (which was very impressive and we had the best guide ever, funny, friendly and engaging), the Bundestag (my boyfriend made a reservation beforehand and we had the full tour through the whole building + the parliament room thing that you see on the tv) we did shopping, aimless wandering around, and basically had fun! 

Berlin is kind of strange as a city though. It's very multicultural, which is why you can not really find German cuisine. I don't mind, but it strikes me as a bit weird. :) Also, the buildings are a mix between modern and old, and well kept and completely rubbish looking. With rubbish looking I mean the paint tears off and there's lots of graffiti, which does NOT mean it's a bad neighbourhood in Berlin. Where I live that would be indicators of a bad neighbourhood so that was fun and a bit of switching in mind set for me! :)

That sounds like an awesome vacation. Your description of the food you ate got my tumbly a little rumbly.

I think you did awesome on your holiday. The rules/restrictions should be a little flex when you are away from your normal routine.

Now for the kittehs...

tumblr_n1wvrlcdUv1tqpq9eo1_400.gif

tumblr_n1ww43d0X11t0zg7po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1q03tlspK1tu83qco1_500.gif

tumblr_n1thmbQjqw1tqh4kso1_400.gif

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Glad you had an awesome trip! :) I'm coming over to your side of the border in a month :D

Berlin is very much like Hatter said. You CAN find traditional food there, but you'll have to search long and hard. There are 'nostalgia' restaurants that serve food that you used to get on the east side of the wall, for example. Generally speaking though, for traditional food you'll have to search in other places :D Usually further down. In big cities there are often more "exotic" restaurants than traditional ones though. There aren't many purely german restaurants in my city either. But you find those in the villages and towns surrounding it.

Personally I think that Berlin is, because of what Hatter said, mixed in every aspect possible. The history is still so fresh that it's part of all the new things that come there, and on the other hand it's so "old" that there's all the nostalgia stuff and there are many awesomely creative people all over Berlin turning that into music, fashion, art and everyday life. so it's pretty fascinating, but "different." :D

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

I may be a little jealous of you Europeans and your closeness to so many things. Specifically, your closeness to so many things I'd love to visit but there's an ocean in the way...

Glad you had a great holiday, Lillith!! I agree with Batwoman that being a little lax on the food goals while on vacation is A-OK, it's part of the enjoyment of a holiday. It the whole big scheme of things, it's more important to enjoy experiences like this than it is to be rigid 100% of the time, and you did a pretty good job of sticking with the goals as closely as you could and still had a good time, so woo! to that!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And props for sticking with your workout, plus adding in some extra yoga! And like others have said, it's okay to stray a bit for tasty treats during a vacation! :)

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

Sounds like a great holiday! :) 

Really impressed that you kept up with workouts and yoga and even reading a paragraph for some studying. Wow! Foodwise, well it was a holiday, could be a lot worse right? :D 

All refreshed and ready to go now that you are back or just sad?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Great job on keeping up with your exercising! And I think you did great with the food, too. As pretty much everyone has already said, you were on vacation and shouldn't be so strict that you don't enjoy yourself anymore. But I think you did amazingly at still eating fairly healthily, so don't be too hard on yourself. :)

I, too, am jealous of how close everything is for you in Europe... everything here is so far away! And we just don't have the history, either.

You're doing great, Lillith! Congratulations on the camel pose!

Yay thanks! Really surprised myself on that one!

That sounds like an awesome vacation. Your description of the food you ate got my tumbly a little rumbly.

I think you did awesome on your holiday. The rules/restrictions should be a little flex when you are away from your normal routine.

Now for the kittehs...

tumblr_n1thmbQjqw1tqh4kso1_400.gif

Ooooh I love those! Especially the last one that made me giggle! :D

Which is why it's awesome. It's very different from most European cities too because the history is still so new. I find it makes the culture there very vibrant and creative and not so traditional. 

It really sounds like a fun holiday. I'm so impressed with how you stuck to your goals!

Yes, that's true. I could definitely see they are really artistic out there. There aren't many big chain shops either, more small ones managed by one or two persons. And everyone is friendly!

Personally I think that Berlin is, because of what Hatter said, mixed in every aspect possible. The history is still so fresh that it's part of all the new things that come there, and on the other hand it's so "old" that there's all the nostalgia stuff and there are many awesomely creative people all over Berlin turning that into music, fashion, art and everyday life. so it's pretty fascinating, but "different." 

Luckily for me I didn't mind the non traditional food one bit! :) It's a refreshing city for sure! And food is cheap! (Compared to here)

Aah, sounds like such a lovely holiday. 

Yes it was <3

I may be a little jealous of you Europeans and your closeness to so many things. Specifically, your closeness to so many things I'd love to visit but there's an ocean in the way...

Glad you had a great holiday, Lillith!! I agree with Batwoman that being a little lax on the food goals while on vacation is A-OK, it's part of the enjoyment of a holiday. It the whole big scheme of things, it's more important to enjoy experiences like this than it is to be rigid 100% of the time, and you did a pretty good job of sticking with the goals as closely as you could and still had a good time, so woo! to that!!

Awww, just cross that scary ocean and join in on our fun :D Of course I wanted to be perfect with food, but I also wanted to enjoy myself and I think it wasn't a wrong decision to enjoy myself. :) I tend to be too mean to myself anyway :)

Sounds like a pretty awesome trip.  Lots of tasties and exploring. 

Yesss! Food is like my #1 motivation for travelling haha :P

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And props for sticking with your workout, plus adding in some extra yoga! And like others have said, it's okay to stray a bit for tasty treats during a vacation! 

Yes I loved the extra yoga actually! Especially after walking all day it felt like my body really needed it!

Sounds like a great holiday! :)

Really impressed that you kept up with workouts and yoga and even reading a paragraph for some studying. Wow! Foodwise, well it was a holiday, could be a lot worse right? 

All refreshed and ready to go now that you are back or just sad?

Hmmmm a little bit of both. Bit sad because I was having a romantic affair with that dumpling restaurant and I can't eat there now anymore. :( 

Great job on keeping up with your exercising! And I think you did great with the food, too. As pretty much everyone has already said, you were on vacation and shouldn't be so strict that you don't enjoy yourself anymore. But I think you did amazingly at still eating fairly healthily, so don't be too hard on yourself. 

I, too, am jealous of how close everything is for you in Europe... everything here is so far away! And we just don't have the history, either.

Come visit! :D It's fun overheeeereeeeeee :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines